Chapter 10 - Please read my author's note

Eventful Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let me guess, you fell for Eunbi and now you’re scared about her going back to Korea?” Aiden asked as soon as Ryan came to him asking for help.

“No, well yes. I am scared but I’m happy that she’s gonna go back and finish her senior year.” Ryan said.

“Then what do you need help with?” Aiden asked, confused.

“I wanna get to know her a bit more but I don’t know how.” Ryan said.

“You act like you’ve never had a girlfriend before.” Riley said as he walked into the room.

“I have but they’re never that far away. And they’re usually my friends first. I barely know Eunbi and yet I know I like her already.” Ryan said.

“Go ask her on a date. She already finds you cute bro.” Aiden said. Ryan rolls his eyes.

“It’s not that easy.” Ryan said.

“It is that easy. It doesn’t have to be a legit date. You can just hang out with her. If you want, we can hang out in a group tomorrow. That way we can keep an eye on you so you don’t make a fool out of yourself.” Riley suggested. Ryan nodded while Aiden smirked.

“I like how you have to have us watch you to make sure your doesn’t mess up.” Aiden said. Ryan rolled his eyes at him.

“At least I didn’t mess up before this.” Ryan said.

“Let's go find Aya. She should know what to do.” Riley said.

 

 

Aya was currently at Fahrenheit as her brother finally came back home.

“Alone today? No boyfriend? No Spexial?” Aaron asked. Aya nodded.

“Does that mean we have our baby Aya to ourselves?” Calvin asked with a smirk. Aya rolled her eyes.

“First of all she ain’t your baby Aya, she’s my sister. And second of all, I doubt she wants to stay here with you here.” Aaron said. Aya nodded. Calvin pouted.

Calvin was always a bit different from Aaron’s other friends. He liked Aya a little too much. He wasn’t obsessed with her but he was in love with her for quite some time. Aya knew of course. She just chose not to acknowledge his feelings for her. She never really saw Calvin as a man after all. He was just another one of her brother’s friends to her.

“Anyways little sis, how have you been?” Aaron asked. Aya just shrugged.

“Same old I guess.” She said.

“Same old my . I saw Daehyun the other day.” Calvin grumbled.

“Daehyun? As in that Daehyun? He’s here? In Taiwan?” Aaron asked. Calvin nodded.

“What on earth is he doing here?” Aaron asked.

“His dad is friends with Chuan. And they’re here on vacation.” Aya answered.

“You mean you already met him? Why haven’t you told me any of this?” Aaron questioned her.

“Aaron instead of asking her that, you should be asking her if she’s okay. She’s been staying at Riley’s house nearly everyday.” Jiro said. Aaron looked at his sister who looked blankly at him and sighed.

“Aya, I hope you know what you’re doing. If he gets anywhere near you again, and if you ever feel unsafe, I’ll take care of him.” Aaron said. Aya just nodded.

“AARON GE!” A voice screamed. Aya rolled her eyes.

“Oh look at the time, I think it’s time I took you home little sis.” Aaron said. Unfortunately, he wasn’t fast enough. A girl reached him and clung to his arm.

“Ge~ you’re so mean! How can you not tell me that you’re back!” The girl whined.

“Why would I?” Aaron grumbled. The girl pouted.

“You’re so mean ge!” The girl continued to whine before noticing Aya’s presence.

“Oh Aya, you’re here too?” The girl smiled at her, although the smile didn’t quite reach her eyes. Aya just ignored her.

“Gui Gui? You’re here?” Wu Chun said looking at Aya.

“And you brought guests….” Jiro said as he looked toward her posse.

“Yes! I heard Aaron ge ge was back. Aya you’re so selfish, you should’ve told me your brother was back!” Gui Gui said as she glared at Aya. Aya rolled her eyes.

“I don’t think Aaron wanted you to know in the first place.” A voice said. Gui Gui looked toward the entrance.

“What the hell is Spexial doing here?” Aaron grumbled as he looked toward his sister who shrugged.

“Oh hey Ian!” Gui Gui said as she ran up to hug him. Ian grimaced as the Fahrenheit boys gave him a look of pity.

“Gui Gui! We have to go! We have an appointment at the nail salon!” One of her friends said. Gui Gui looked toward Aaron and blew him a kiss before leaving. Aaron rolled his eyes at her.

“How the hell do you know her?” Evan asked the boys.

“Well you see, our Aaron here is a chick magnet. How do you guys know her?” Wu Chun said.

“I dated her.” Ian said.

“Did you dump her?” Calvin asked, intrigued.

“Within a week. She still calls me from time to time to say that she’s over me.” Ian sighed.

“Again, what the hell are you guys doing here?” Aaron asked.

“We wanted to see our Aya.” Wes said with a smirk.

“Sorry but the only Aya here is ours.” Calvin said with a glare. Aya rolled her eyes.

“If you guys want to fight, do it outside.” Wu Chun said while Aya agreed.

“We’re actually here to look for Riley.” Sam said. The Spexial boys looked toward Aya for an answer.

“I don’t know where he’s at.” Aya said.

“Yeah but he’s more likely to answer if you call him. Seems like he hasn’t been answering their calls.” Wu Chun said. Calvin rolled his eyes.

“What a friend you guys have.” He muttered. Wayne glared at him.

“You got something to say?” Wayne said.

“Yeah, Riley is a bastard that doesn’t know how to stay in his own lane.” Calvin said.

Aaron rolled his eyes. While he didn’t exactly get along with Spexial, he respected Riley greatly. The kid is his sister’s boyfriend after all. Needless to say, he’s warmed up to Riley over the last three years.

“And you do? That’s funny because you still try to flirt with Aya even though you know she’s clearly taken.” Simon retorted. Aaron held back a laugh. Calvin glared at him.

“Aya would be with me by now if it weren’t for him. I fell for her first but he had to ruin my chance with her.” Calvin said. Aya rolled her eyes.

“What chance? You had no chance. I know you’re my best friend and all but Aya never thought of you that way.” Wu Chun said.

“I second that. Even if she never met Riley, she still wouldn’t be dating you.” Jiro said. Calvin couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Are you kidding me? Aya would’ve dated me. We had something.” Calvin said, temper rising.

“What the hell did y’all have?” Aaron asked, slightly amused.

“W-We had something.” Calvin said nervously, fearful for Aaron’s reaction. Aaron looked toward his sister who shrugged.

“Really now? You and Aya had something?” Wes asked. Calvin nodded.

“You sure? Aya’s face says that you’re delusional.” Wayne said in a singsong tone. Aaron smirked. Though he would never admit it, he didn’t mind Spexial much. They took care of his sister quite well and they were amusing to him.

“Aya, didn’t we have something?” Calvin asked. The boys looked toward her.

“Nope. You’re delusional.” Aya said.

“Who is?” Riley asked as he walked into the ice cream shop with Ryan and Aiden behind him.

“My guess is Calvin because he finally had the balls to confess?” Aiden said with a smirk. Much like his cousin, he didn’t enjoy that Calvin liked Aya. Riley looked toward Calvin who glared back at him.

“Yeah so? We had something and this here ruined it.” Calvin said.

“Alright enough is enough. Riley here didn’t ruin anything. There wasn’t anything to begin with. Get over yourself dude. My sister isn’t the type to date a guy like you.” Aaron said while rolling his eyes. The boys looked at him in disbelief. They couldn’t believe Aaron had spoken against Calvin.

“W-What?” Calvin said, unable to believe what he was hearing.

“You heard me. Besides, she’s perfectly happy with Riley. Why ruin that?” Aaron said. Aya looked at her brother and smirked.

“Calvin, I never thought of you as a lover. I didn’t even think of you as a guy. You were always just my brother’s friend and my friend. That’s it. Nothing more.” Aya said. Calvin glared at Riley.

“This is your fault!” He said before punching Riley in the face. Well almost. Riley had very quick reflexes and he dodged the punch. The Spexial boys glared at Calvin.

Aya looked blankly at Calvin before walking over to Riley. She quickly checked his face to make sure he was actually alright.

“I’m fine baobei. Don’t worry.” Riley said. Aya sighed in relief. Riley brought her into his arms and kissed her forehead.

Evan looked over at Calvin before punching him in the gut.

“If you wanted a fight, you could’ve just asked you er.” Evan said.

“Get off of him!” Jiro said before punching Evan in the face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter