Chapter 3

Eventful Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So do you know the Jungs? You seemed kinda surprised to see them yesterday.” Ryan asked Aiden. 
“Promise not to tell your brother?” Aiden asked. Ryan nodded, confused. 
“The older son is Aya’s ex.” Aiden said. Ryan’s eyes widened. 
“That ex?” Ryan asked. Aiden nodded. 
“We’re coming over to your house tonight. Aya is gonna tell ge later after she confirms that it’s him. She didn’t believe me when I told her yesterday.” Aiden said with a sigh. 
“Didn’t he give her nightmares though?” Ryan asked. Aiden nodded. 
“Yeah but it’s not like she could avoid coming to your house. You dad is gonna question it.” Aiden said. Ryan sighed. 

After Aya finished her exams, she went to work. Aya worked a coffee/boba shop called Jin’s Cafe. The owner was a man named Jin. He was married to man named Kim Namjoon. The two were very nice to Aya. They were like the perfect parents to her. Though they weren’t much older than the girl, they kept an eye on her. 
“Oh hey Aya.” Jungkook, her coworker greeted her. Since it was a relatively small coffee shop, there were only eight workers, including the owners. Surprisingly, Aya was the only girl that worked there. Perhaps it was because she had no interest in dating her coworkers. The boys that worked there were extremely attractive. Many girls would come in just to get a glimpse of them. But it didn’t mean Aya was any less popular. She was the reason why the place was always flooded with guys. But of course, she never gave them the time of day. She was a silent barista most of the time. Other times, she was a waitress. But of course, the boys always made sure she was safe. They knew she was happily taken. Oh and did I mention that they were friends with Riley? 
“Hi.” Aya said before heading to the back room to change into her work attire as a barista. Her clothing consisted of a white button up with black pants. Some days, she would switch off and become a waitress instead. Those days, she wore a white button up and a light pink skirt to match the theme of the cafe. Jin wasn’t strict on clothing as long as she covered up most of her tattoos. While all of her coworkers and even her boss had tattoos, Jin preferred to keep the environment open to everyone. He didn’t want to scare off customers as most people associated tattoos with gangs. 
“Hey dearie.” Jin said to her as she came out of the changing room. 
“Boss.” She greeted. 
“Aya, you can just call me Oppa. No need to call me boss.” Jin said. Aya shook her head. 
“Boss sounds cooler.” Aya said. Jin smiled. 
“Alright.” He said before walking off. 
“Aya, massive order coming up.” Jimin said as she began to make drinks. 

Riley finished his last final before walking to his car. Unlike Aya, Riley worked for a company. Or should I say that the company works for him? Riley was the cofounder of Memory Studio (MS). It was a company the specialized in both graphic design and photography. At the age of 17, Riley began to invest in his own work and while doing so, he met his business partner, Sam. Sam became one of his closest friends as well as co founder. Sam loved technology and wanted to create a company. So the two came together and decided to invest in one company. One that they would soon call their own. Their business began to expand as many people started to know about them. Now, Riley worked with a team of photographers and editors (his girlfriend being an editor and journalist herself) while Sam worked with different engineers. 
Riley spent the day editing wedding pictures that he took. He smiled when he remembered how happy everyone was. The bride was beautiful and kind to those around her. Riley could tell that she was very caring due to her attitude toward her husband. The groom was a bit older than his bride but he was charming. He was a bit of a perfectionist. Everything had to be perfect for his love after all. He had done all the reservations by himself. He also specifically requested for Riley to take and edit the wedding pictures. 
Riley wanted to emphasize certain aspects of their relationship through his photos. The couple met while on vacation in Paris. They instantly clicked due to their love for animals, specifically the bride’s pet canary that died a year into their relationship. So Riley spent weeks in advance preparing a crystal canary. The photos of the couple were more realistic considering the genuine smiles. Once Riley was satisfied with his work, he went into his meeting.

Eunbi and Jaehyun spent their day preparing for what’s to come when their brother finds out his ex is coming over. Their parents were out with Chuan for shopping and sightseeing. 
“Oppa, as much as I want Xiaoli unnie back in our lives, she seemed so happy in those photos. A lot happier than when she was in Korea with us.” Eunbi said. 
“I know. Honestly, I just hope hyung doesn’t do anything dumb. He doesn’t deserve Noona anyways.” Jaehyun said spitefully. While he was the nicest one out of the siblings, he hated his brother for what he did. 
“Same. If Riley makes her happy, I want her to stay happy. I don’t mind having to deal with that vixen for the rest of my life if it meant that Oppa would leave unnie alone.” Eunbi said, Jaehyun silently agreed. 
“So what are we gonna do? When Hwayoung finds out, she’s gonna bully Xiaoli Noona.” Jaehyun said. Eunbi’s eyes turned dark. 
“If she does, she’s gonna feel my wrath. It’s not gonna be just insults anymore. It will get physical if she dares to bully my unnie.” Eunbi said. Jaehyun nodded. 
“I can’t hit girls, so if she does bully Noona, send her some of my wrath too.” Jaehyun said. Eunbi smirked. 
“Gladly.” She muttered. 
*knock* 
“Come in.” Jaehyun said. Ryan came in with Aiden right behind him. Ryan and Aiden had just finished their finals so they came back to the house. 
“Hey.” Aiden said to the twins. Eunbi’s eyes widened when she saw him. 
“Yuan.” The twins chorused in shock. 
“Actually it’s Aiden now. Only Aya calls me Yuan.” Aiden said. 
“Aya?” Jaehyun questioned. 
“Xiaoli.” Aiden said. 
“What’s with the new names?” Eunbi asked. 
“Well, after we left Korea, we wanted a change. A fresh start. I started going by my English name while Xiaoli starting go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter