Chapter 8

Eventful Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Simon and Sam were Riley’s best friends in Spexial. They often went out together. But ever since Aya came into their lives, their hangouts decreased. But somehow, the two boys found it hard to hate the girl. In fact, they often encouraged Riley to hang out more with Aya. But seeing their best friend, who was normally so confident, actually freaking out at work was a bit alarming. 
“Um, Aya, can you come to MS? Riley is um….. freaking out. And we can’t calm him down.” Simon said as he was on the phone with Aya. Sam watched as Riley threw punches toward their punching bag. 
“Gah!” Riley screamed in frustration. Simon and Sam sighed at the sight. They had no idea why he was so upset. 

“Unnie, where are you going?” Eunbi asked as Aya grabbed her keys.
“MS. Riley is upset and the boys can’t calm him down.” Aya said. Hwayoung and Eunbi looked at her. 
“Can we come along?” Jaehyun asked. Aya nodded. 
“Yeah. Hurry.” Aya said as she walked outside to her car. The three soon joined her after locking up the house. 

“I’m here. Where are you guys?” Aya said into her phone as she got out the car and ran into the building with the three chasing after her. 
“Riley’s office.” Simon said. Aya soon reached the room and saw the boys watching Riley punch the bag continuously. She halted the moment she saw his eyes. They were dark and furious. 
“Um, Simon, Sam, can you guys give these three a tour? In Korean.” Aya asked them. Simon finally looked up and saw the three behind Aya. 
“Yeah. Follow me.” Sam said. Eunbi looked at Aya. 
“But unnie.” Eunbi tried to protest. 
“Eunbi, just go on the tour. I’ll meet up with you guys in a bit.” Aya said. Eunbi sighed but nodded. Soon Aya was alone with Riley who still hasn’t noticed her presence. 
“Riley.” Aya called out to him. Riley couldn’t hear her. He was too frustrated. Aya saw how blistered and bloody his hands were and sighed. She knew it was a bad idea to get anywhere near him right now. But she couldn’t just let him hurt himself like this. So, she back hugged him. Riley tried to shrug her off but he soon snapped out of it.
“Baobei?” Riley said after he got back his senses. Aya sighed and released him. Riley turned around to see Aya looking at the ground. 
“What are you doing here?” He asked. Aya sighed. 
“What do you think?” She asked as she grabbed his hands to examine them. Riley looked down at her and hugged her. 
“I was so frustrated and upset. I didn’t want to come home in a bad mood so I tried to take my anger out here.” Riley said. Aya shook her head and made him release her. She then guided him to the sofa where she took out a first aid kit. She proceeded to clean and tend to his wounds. 
“Why were you upset?” Aya asked after she finished. She felt Riley tense up. 
“He showed up here.” Riley said. Aya looked at him questionably. 
“Daehyun. He came here before meeting up with my dad and his dad.” Riley said. 
~Two hours ago~
Daehyun walked into MS and saw Riley who was talking to a client. 
“So these are your pictures. Wayne can help you with setting how you’d like to pay for them. He’s over at the front counter.” Riley said while he walked his client to Wayne. 
“Thank you so much Mr. Wang.” The client said as she proceeded to talk to Wayne. 
Riley looked over to the man staring intently at him. 
“What brings you here?” Riley asked, clearly amused that Daehyun dared to come here. 
“Let’s talk.” Daehyun said. Riley nodded and led him into his office. 
“So?” Riley asked. Daehyun smirked at him.
“I’m transferring here. My dad decided that he wants to expand his company to Taiwan. And guess what, we’re buying a house in your neighborhood. Good luck keeping Xiaoli in your arms.” Daehyun said with a smirk. Riley’s amused smile dimmed. 
“If you want Aya, then why do you keep Hwayoung around?” Riley asked. Daehyun’s smile grew. 
“She was a replacement for when Xiaoli was gone. But she grew on me. It’s not like I don’t love her. I just love Xiaoli more.” Daehyun said. Riley didn’t like where the conversation was going.
“It’s not like Xiaoli would mind if there was another girl in the relationship. It could be a three way.” Daehyun said with a laugh. Riley stared at him.
How dare you! 
“So why the heck are you here?” Riley said, trying to keep his anger under control. 
“Just to rub it in your face that Xiaoli will be mine again. I’ll be off now.” Daehyun said with a smirk. He then left without giving Riley a chance to reply. Riley glared at the man’s back as he left. 
~Back to present time~
“So why are you mad? He’s delusional. And extremely stupid.” Aya said harshly. Riley took a deep breath. 
“Because he was talking about you. That you wouldn’t mind being in a three way relationship because you love him so much. Because he has you complete under his control.” Riley said. Aya softened. 
“But you know that’s not true. He’s delusional. He can think whatever he wants. But my heart doesn’t lie. It belongs to you.” Aya said. Riley sighed. 
“I know. It’s just hard. You guys used to date. And you did love him once.” Riley said. Aya grimaced. 
“I wouldn’t call that love. It was infatuation. I don’t think it was real if I wasn’t hurt that he cheated on me. In fact, I was relieved.” Aya said. Riley was now confused. 
“What?” He asked. 
“I was relieved when he cheated on me. I needed a reason to leave. To him, the abuse was out of love apparently. But then when he cheated on me, he admitted that he made a mistake. That’s how I was able to leave.” Aya said. Riley nodded in understanding. 
“Baby you’re so strong.” Riley said as he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close. 
“I have to be. Otherwise, I’d be hurt by everything.” Aya said. Riley sighed in content as Aya pecked his cheeks. 
“Oh shoot, the twins and Hwayoung are on a tour. Let’s go.” Aya said, pulling Riley up.

“And this is our photoshoot area. This is where all the magic happens.” Wayne said. Simon and Sam were joined by Wayne since he was the best speaker out of all of them. 
“Unnie!” Eunbi said as she saw Aya and Riley. 
“Hey.” Aya said. 
“Unnie, are you guys okay now?” Hwayoung asked. Riley raised an eyebrow. He turned to Aya questionably. 
“We’re fine.” Aya said. 
“Babe, since when were you guys on good terms?” Riley whispered to his girlfriend as they walked. 
“This morning. I’ll explain later.” Aya whispered back. 
“And that’s the end of our tour.” Wayne said with a smile. 
“Thank you.” Hwayoung said. Wayne looked toward Aya and Riley. 
These guys are gonna be speaking in mandarin for a while. 
“I see you’re finally calm.” Wayne said. 
“Yeah. Sorry about that.” Riley answered. 
“What was that about anyways?” Simon asked. Riley looked toward Aya for help. 
“He was just frustrated. Stress kills everyone after all.” Aya said. Simon nodded in understanding. 
“So who are your friends?” Sam asked. 
“Oh shoot, I forgot to introduce you guys.” Aya said. 
Back to Korean 
“So you know how my dad is letting his friend’s family stay at our house? Yeah, these are his kids.” Riley said. 
“This is Eunbi and Jaehyun. They’re twins. And this is Hwayoung, she’s their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter