Chapter 7

Eventful Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aya was silently getting ready for work the next morning. She was very careful about not waking up Riley as they slept pretty late. Soon, she went downstairs to put on her shoes and grab an apple for the road. 
“Your boyfriend isn’t sending you to work?” A voice called out to her. Aya turned around to see Hwayoung looking at her. 
“No, we slept kinda late last night, so I’m letting him sleep in.” Aya said as she turned back around to fill her bottle with iced water. 
“I see. Um, about last night, I’m so sorry for saying what I said to you.” Hwayoung said. Aya blinked. 
“Don’t worry about it.” Aya said, still slightly confused as to why the girl was apologizing. 
“Do you maybe have some time to talk?” Hwayoung asked. Aya took a look at her watch before turning back to Hwayoung. 
“Yeah I do. What do you want to talk about?” Aya asked. Hwayoung sighed. 
“Let’s go outside.” Hwayoung said as she led Aya outside to the garden. Aya was a bit skeptical but obliged. 
“Firstly, I wanna restart. I never properly introduced myself to you. So, Hi, I’m Hwayoung.” Hwayoung said as she held out her hand. Aya shook her hand. 
“Aya.” The girl said. 
“I also want to apologize for kind of eavesdropping yesterday. I saw you guys in the screening room and I was going to knock on the door to see what you guys were doing. But then I saw how Eunbi was so comfortable with you. I was curious.” Hwayoung said. Aya looked her blankly, not sure where this conversation was going. 
“Then I heard her mention about how you used to date her brother. I’m assuming you didn’t date Jaehyun as you guys seem pretty close as well. Does this mean you dated Daehyun?” Hwayoung asked. Aya sighed but nodded. 
“I did date Daehyun for a couple of months. But it’s a story of the past. I obviously moved on and so did he. If you’re worried about my current relationship with him, you shouldn’t. If Chuan wasn’t friends with Daehyun’s dad, I’m pretty sure we would’ve never met again.” Aya said. Hwayoung smiled sadly. 
“I’m not so much worried that you’d do anything to ruin my relationship with him intentionally. I know you don’t want anything to do with him. But I don’t think it’s the same on his end. I don’t think he’d cheat on me. But I know he still has feelings for you.” Hwayoung said. Aya looked at her, confused. 
“What makes you say that? I haven’t talked to him since we broke up four years ago.” Aya said. Hwayoung looked up at the girl. 
“Because every time he gets drunk, he calls out a name. And I realized it was yours when I overheard Eunbi and Jaehyun talking. I realized that the reason why Eunbi hates me is because I couldn’t live up to her ideal unnie. Which was you.” Hwayoung said. 
“So what do you want me to do about it? I’m pretty sure you didn’t want to talk to me about just this.” Aya said. Hwayoung sighed. 
“Would it be too much to ask you to talk to him? I want him to move on. And for him to do that, he needs closure.” Hwayoung said. Aya’s eyes darkened. 
“He needs closure? Very funny speculation you have there.” Aya said.
“What do you mean?” Hwayoung asked her, clearly confused as to why Aya’s whole demeanor changed. 
“Ask Eunbi and Jaehyun. They know it the best. I would tell you to ask Aiden but he doesn’t like anything to do with Daehyun. If you’ll excuse me now, I have to leave for work. We can talk more when I get back. But I doubt you’ll be free of Daehyun.” Aya said as she got up. 
“Thank you for talking to me. And I’ll ask the twins about it. I hope you’ll consider what I asked though. I don’t want you to hate me. But I also don’t want to live life in your shadow as you’re his light.” Hwayoung said. Aya sighed. 
“Talk to the twins. They’ll explain why I can’t exactly talk to him.” Aya said before leaving to her car. 
I really hope you’ll make the right decision Aya. I can’t live like this. Not when the guy I love is in love with you. Hwayoung thought sadly. She wasn’t exactly a bad person. She grew up with a happy family. But that all crashed when her father had an affair with his secretary. Her mother did not care much about it as it didn’t affect her financially. Hwayoung had rebelled against her parents since she thought she was living a lie. And she really was living a lie. And that’s when Daehyun swept her off her feet. She had met him during her senior year at Seoul High. It was an accidental meeting really. Daehyun was a first year in a nearby university and he happened to save her from bullies. 
Flashback
“Come play with us babe.” A group of boys cornered her in a dark alleyway. 
“No.” Hwayoung said as she struggled to get out of the boy’s grasp. 
“Hey, has anyone ever told you guys to not touch a girl that’s not yours?” A voice called out to the group. It was Daehyun, although she didn’t know that at the time. 
“No and it’s not gonna start now.” The seemingly leader of the group said menacingly as he signaled his group to get rid of the boy. 
“We’ll see about that.” Daehyun said as he began to throw punches. The fight ended soon as the group of boys ran away. Hwayoung fell to her knees. 
“Thank you so much.” Hwayoung said. Daehyun smiled at her. 
“It’s no biggie. Come on, I’ll take you home.” Daehyun said. After that night, Hwayoung couldn’t help but wonder who the mysterious boy was. But soon, she found him walking home with his friends and a girl she didn’t recognize. 
“Hey do you remember me?” Hwayoung asked as she caught up to the group. Daehyun turned around. 
“Oh, you’re the girl from the alley. Are you feeling any better?” Daehyun asked.
“Yeah. Thank you for saving me.” Hwayoung said while blushing. She didn’t realize how handsome he was until now. 
“Damn Daehyun, getting all the girls.” One of his friends joked. Daehyun rolled his eyes. 
“Shut up Zelo.” Daehyun grumbled. Hwayoung saddened a bit as she noticed how Daehyun seemed to be annoyed with her around. 
“Yah, are you just gonna stand there and waste my time or are you gonna say something relevant? If you plan to just stand there, please leave.” The girl said to her. Daehyun turned to her with a glare. 
“Eunbi that’s not nice.” He scolded her. Hwayoung wanted to smirk at the unfamiliar girl. 
“Her face isn’t either. But you don’t see her apologizing. Whatever. I’m leaving, this was obviously a waste of my time. I don’t even know why I agreed to hang out in the first place.” The girl said before walking off. Daehyun sighed and ran after the girl. 
“Don’t take what she said to heart. She’s pretty rough when it comes to her words. But she’s not that mean when you get to know her.” One of the boys said. Hwayoung blinked. 
“Is she his girlfriend?” Hwayoung asked. The boys shook their heads. 
“Nope. He doesn’t have one.” Youngjae said. Hwayoung’s eyes shined. From then on, she followed Daehyun everywhere. So much that he finally gave into her and took her out on a date. She wasn’t always one to follow the social norms. Besides, whoever said that a guy had to make the first move? She was bolder than any guy she knew. 

Hwayoung went back upstairs after Aya left. She was surprised to see Daehyun already awake, waiting for her in the room. 
“Hey Oppa.” She greeted. Daehyun looked up at her. 
“Hey babe, where were you? I got worried.” Daehyun said. Hwayoung smiled. 
“I was in the garden. I didn’t get a chance to check it out. And I woke up early so I thought I’d take this chance to see it. It’s gorgeous by the way. You should really see it Oppa.” Hwayoung said happily. Daehyun smiled at her. 
“That’s nice. I’m sorry I can’t hang out with you today. My dad wants me to follow Chuan and him today. Chuan is showing us the stadium that my dad wants to buy. Hang out with the twins for today. Jaehyun was supposed to go but my dad was scared that Eunbi was gonna be lonely.” Daehyun said. Hwayoung nodded. 
“Sounds like fun. I wanted to go to a cat cafe anyways. Eunbi really likes those things so I might as well go with them.” Hwayoung said. 
“Glad it worked out then.” Daehyun said with a smile before getting ready to leave. Hwayoung sighed in relief. She was scared that she wasn’t going to ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter