Chapter 6

Eventful Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aya and Riley returned to his room after helping the adults clean up. Riley immediately lays down to rest his sore muscles. He pulled Aya down with him so she was laying on him. 
“Eventful day.” He said. Aya nodded. 
“Eventful, but tiring both mentally and physically.” Aya said. 
“I agree.” Riley said with a yawn. 
“It’s still pretty early. Neither of us have work or class tomorrow. Wanna do a face mask?” Aya asked. She often did face masks with Riley when they are stressed out. It was part of her pamper routine to relax. Riley joined her whenever she did her pamper routine since he needed to relax too. 
“You brought one?” Riley asked. Aya nodded. 
“Yeah, my skin is so dry lately so I needed to do one anyways. I brought one for you too because I knew you’re in need of a relax routine.” Aya said. Riley nodded. 
“Thanks baby.” He said, kissing her forehead. Aya quickly got up and put her hair in a messy bun. She then went to grab the two face masks from her bag and went back onto the bed. Riley laid his head on her lap as she began to apply the face mask onto his skin. 
“Sleep, I’ll wake you up when we have to wash it off.” Aya said, knowing her boyfriend was tired. 
“No. I wanna put your mask on you.” Riley said. While he didn’t care much for face masks on his own skin, he liked to see Aya’s relaxed look when he applied it on her face. He would only do masks or treatments if it meant he could help her apply the treatments on her skin. 
“Aren’t you tired though?” Aya asked.
“Yeah, but you’re here. No matter how tired I feel, you somehow give me energy.” Riley said. Aya rolled her eyes. 
“That’s cheesy. Stop it.” Aya said. While she enjoyed sweet talk from him, she didn’t like it when he was overly cheesy.
“Yeah yeah, it’s my turn now.” Riley said as he got off her lap. Riley grabbed a pillow and put it on his own lap before letting Aya lay down. He hoped Aya would fall asleep so he always placed a pillow under her head while putting on her face masks. 
“Relaxed yet Baobei?” Riley asked. 
“Very. I don’t get how your hands are so gentle when doing this when you’re so rough in sports.” Aya said. 
“Because I don’t want to ruin my girlfriend’s precious face. And I don’t know. I like pampering you. When you’re relaxed, so am I.” Riley said. Aya smiled. 
“I’m getting sleepy.” Aya said. Riley grinned. 
“Sleep baby. I’ll wake you up when the timer rings.” Riley said as he put a timer on his phone. 
“Not happening. I want to sleep in your arms. And I can’t do that without smearing this mask.” Aya said. Riley softened. 
“You’re being cute again.” He commented. Aya smiled. 
“Sure. Anyways, what did he actually say to you?” Aya asked. Riley’s smile vanished. 
“He kinda implied that you were cheating on him.” Riley said. 
“What do you mean?” Aya asked. 
“Well, he said that you don’t just date anyone. It takes at least a year for you to even agree to a small date. I mean, it’s true. But then he said that four years ago, you guys were still together. So he thought we were already talking while you were still dating him.” Riley said. 
“He’s kidding right? I wasn’t even together with him four years ago. I said deuces after I found out he was cheating on me. And then he stalked me for like nine months.” Aya said. 
“Remind me, how long did you guys date for?” Riley asked. 
“Technically, it was five months. But I spent two of months trying to get out of the relationship. So I wanna say three months.” Aya said. 
“So what made you put up with me? I mean, granted, I’m nothing like him. But I’m still pretty annoying and sometimes rude. Even to you.” Riley said. 
“Feelings can’t be forced. And it’s not easy to get rid of feelings that are genuine. I guess I fell too deep. And it’s an endless cycle of fun now.” Aya said. Riley smirked.
“So what you’re saying is, you’re deeply in love with me so much that you feel like you’re never gonna leave me for your of an ex right?” Riley asked. Aya laughed. 
“Granted, I would never go back to him in the first place. But I guess your interpretation kinda works. I am deeply in love with you. Even though I don’t express it often, I feel like the more time I spend with you, the more that spark that we have grows.” Aya said. Riley softened. 
“I’m glad.” Riley said. Their timer rung making Aya jump in surprise. Riley laughed at her reaction. 
“Babe calm down.” He said with a laugh. 
You must’ve been tired to get that scared. Riley thought to himself. 
Aya kept silent as she led Riley to the bathroom to wash off their face masks. 
“I feel refreshed.” Riley said. Aya hummed. 
“Me too. I’m not that tired anymore.” Aya said. Riley smiled at her. 
“Let’s go watch a movie in the screening room.” Riley suggested. Aya nodded. 
“I’ll go get Aiden and Ryan. Actually, let’s invite Eunbi and Jaehyun too.” Aya said. 
“Okay. I’ll go make the popcorn.” Riley said. 
“Wait for me. I’m gonna make some hot cocoa for them while they pick a movie.” Aya said. Riley nodded. 

“Yuan, Jianyi. We’re gonna watch a movie.” Aya said as she walked into Ryan’s room. 
“Down. What movie?” Ryan asked. 
“Play Rock Paper Scissors with Eunbi and Jaehyun. One of you guys pick.” Aya said. 
“You invited them?” Aiden asked. 
“Not yet. I want to though.” Aya said. 
“Gotchu.” Ryan said as he walked to the twin’s room. 
*knock*
“Come in.” Eunbi said. 
“Hey, we’re gonna watch a movie in the screening room. Wanna join?” Ryan asked. Eunbi smiled. 
“Yeah.” The Twins chorused. 
“Lit, let’s go.” Ryan said, leading the two into the screening room where Aiden was looking up new movies to watch. 
“Where’s Jie?” Ryan asked. 
“Downstairs. She’s making hot cocoa while Ge is making popcorn.” Aiden said. 
“I vote on It.” Jaehyun said as he saw the cover for it. 
“I’m down.” Aiden said with a smirk. Ryan laughed and agreed. Eunbi sighed but agreed. She hated scary movies. 
“Hey, what did you guys pick?” Aya said as she came in carrying a bowl of popcorn. Riley came in behind her carrying the hot cocoas. 
“Unnie~” Eunbi said as she hugged Aya who patted her head. Jaehyun smiled upon seeing her. 
“You know you could hug her right? I know you guys were friends after all.” Riley said to Jaehyun. With Riley’s approval, Jaehyun quickly ran to hug Aya. 
“Noona~” Jaehyun said as he squeezed her in his arms. 
“You know what, let’s forget the movie. This is life talk time.” Ryan suggested. 
“You read my mind.” Aiden said as he drank his hot cocoa. Riley agreed. 
“Noona, I missed you so much. How are you?” Jaehyun said. Aya smiled. 
“Still as polite as ever, aren’t ya. I’m doing great. Better than how I was back in Korea.” Aya said. Jaehyun smiled. 
“I’m glad. So could you explain how you got together with this guy?” Jaehyun said. 
“Should I feel offended?” Riley asked. Jaehyun shook his head. 
“No, I’m just curious because she’s changed so much.” Jaehyun said. 
“I actually met him in Korea. And I started dating him during

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter