Chapter 4

Eventful Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Aya woke up with Riley hugging her. She smiled sleepily but decided to get up. It was about 6am and they had to leave at 7:30am. Aya decided to let Riley sleep a little longer so she went to take a shower first. 
After her shower, Aya came out in her uniform which consisted of a black tank top with white straps and a black skirt with a white underlay. The skirt was pleated and had a slit on the side, showing the white underlay. She decided to throw on her adidas jacket. 
Riley woke up as Aya was drying her hair. 
“Good morning baby.” He said as he got up. 
“Morning. Go shower.” Aya said. Riley nodded and walked into his bathroom. Aya continued to dry her hair as she checked through her calendar for the week. After that, she made Riley’s bed. Riley soon came out of the shower, shirtless as usual and back hugged his girlfriend. 
“Hey love. Ready for this tournament?” He asked her. Aya nodded and turned around, still in his arms. 
“Put on a shirt.” Aya said. Riley shook his head. 
“No. I like hugging you like this.” Riley said with a happy sigh. Aya smiled. 
“I’ll dry your hair for you.” Aya said, dragging Riley to sit down on his bed. Aya began drying his hair using a towel. Riley smiled lovingly at his girlfriend. 
“You’re so cute.” He said. Aya smiled but said nothing. 
“All done.” Aya said, now ruffling his hair. Riley stood up and hugged her again. He kissed her nose. 
“Thanks Baobei.” Riley said. Aya had an eye smile.
“Are you hungry baby? We should eat something before going to the tournament.” Riley said. Aya shrugged. 
“I want a fruit salad.” Aya said. Riley nodded and led her downstairs.
“What do you want to eat?” Aya asked. 
“Hmm, waffles.” He said. Aya nodded and began to make waffle batter. Riley made Aya’s fruit salad. Soon, they were all fed and left for their tournament. 

Ryan and Aiden woke up ten minutes after the couple left to get ready to watch the tournament. 
Chuan was already up and made breakfast for the Jungs along with the two boys. 
“Thanks Chuan.” Jihoon said as he grabbed breakfast. The twins began to eat while Daehyun and Hwayoung come downstairs. Eunbi and Jaehyun tensed up as the two sat down. 
“Hey dad, Aiden and I are going to leave first. Ge wants us to buy some drinks for the team.” Ryan said. Chuan nodded, expecting that, handed his son two bags that contained waffles and fruit. Ryan thanked him and went off. 
“Who’s Aiden?” Hwayoung asked curiously. Eunbi looked at Jaehyun who shook his head. 
“Ryan’s best friend. He spent the night yesterday.” Chuan said. 
“Oh, guys today we’re gonna go watch Riley’s tennis tournament and Ryan’s soccer game.” Jihoon said. Eunbi looked up. 
“Sounds fun.” She said with a smile before eating once again. 
“Ryan plays soccer?” Daehyun asked, surprised. Chuan nodded. 
“Yeah he’s the captain while Aiden is the co captain. Well, they kind of switched off. Aiden was the captain for two years in a row. He gave up his position this year since he got busier.” Chuan said. Daehyun frowned. 
“Does this mean we’ll be seeing someone who doesn’t have motivation play?” Daehyun asked. Jaehyun looked at him. 
“No, he’s still the co captain. He just passed the position of captain to his best friend.” Jaehyun said. Daehyun looked away. Jihoon looked toward his daughter for an explanation. Eunbi, who felt her father’s gaze, looked down at her feet.
“Eunbi and I are done. We’re gonna go get ready.” Jaehyun said while putting their plates in the sink. Eunbi followed her older twin upstairs as their father looked at them curiously. Daehyun frowned. 
What happened to us?

It was now 8:45am and the stadium was packed with a huge audience. Ryan and Aiden sat close to the first court where either Riley or Aya will play. Chuan along with the Jungs sat a row above them. By this time, Daehyun hasn’t noticed Aiden yet. 
“Oh there’s Ge!” Ryan said excitedly. Daehyun looked up and saw Riley coming out along with his team. Each team was currently on a different court to warm up. Riley’s team was stretching and soon a girl came out.
“Oh there’s Riley’s girlfriend.” Chuan pointed out. Eunbi followed his gaze and found her favorite unnie, who completely changed. She still smiled though, excited to see her unnie play. Daehyun’s jaw dropped at the sight of the girl. She was gorgeous. Hwayoung pouted, seeing that her boyfriend found the girl attractive. 
“She’s pretty.” Jihye said with a smile while Jihoon agreed. 
“She’s a beauty isn’t she hyung?” Jaehyun asked Daehyun while shooting his sister a knowing look. 
“Y-Yeah.” Daehyun stuttered as the girl turned around. Hwayoung glared at Aya who paid no attention to her. Soon all the teams were gathered and the coaches began to name off the opponents. 
“Alright let's start. On first court, NTU’s Rank 1, Yan Xiaoli. Your opponent will be CCU’s Rank 1, Chen Shanglin.” The head coach of Tatung University announced. Daehyun’s eyes widen at her name. 
“On court 2, NTU’s Rank 2, Wáng Yi-Lun & MCU’s Rank 1, Li Ju-Long. Court 3, CCU’s Rank 3, Li Jun & SHU’s Rank 4, Wu Jian.” He continued. But Daehyun couldn’t focus on what he was saying. He couldn’t believe his ears anymore. The coach had called out Xiaoli. 
Is it you?
Soon, the tournament had began. Aya walked to the bench near her court and placed down her duffle bag and racket. She began to tie her hair up in a ponytail and out on her visor. 
“Good luck on your match babe. I heard he’s a tough match.” Riley said. Aya nodded her head. 
“Thanks. Good Luck on your match too.” Aya said. 
“Alright players, to your courts. Each Court will have a referee so you don’t have to call out your scores. You may begin as soon as you’re ready.” The coach announced. Aya walked to her opponent. 
“Serve or side?” The boy asked her. 
“Serve.” Aya said. Aya chose to serve first since she was confident in her serves. The boy chose the side where the sun wasn’t glaring at him. 
“Court 1, game 0-0, Yan to Serve” the referee said. Each match required one person to win 2 sets, of 6 games to win. Aya began the match using a fairly simple serve….. if you’re not afraid of getting hit in the face. The boy easily return her serve, but as soon as the ball went passed the net, Aya returned the hit powerfully. Aya easily won her match ending with the score 6-2, 6-0. After her match, she grabbed her things and went back to the table where her teammates congratulated her. 
“Nice score.” Wayne said. Aya shrugged and watched Riley’s match that was nearly over. She felt a stare on her though. She ignored it as she focused on her boyfriend. Riley soon ended his match and walked over to her. 
“Score?” Wes asked. 
“6-1 for both sets.” Riley said. The team cheered. 
“Who’s left from our team?” Riley asked. 
“Sam and Evan. After that, the winners will be put against each other and we start the double matches.” The coach answered. 
“Who won so far?” Riley asked. 
“Li Jun from CCU, Chen Vincent from SHU, Wu Eric from MCU and some other people.” Wayne said. 
“Aya, your next opponent will be Vincent. Rank 1 of SHU. He’s known for powerful hits so stay in the back. He doesn’t have much stamina so,” The coach said. 
“Hit cross court. Got it.” Aya said. The coach nodded. 
“Yan?” The head coach called out as he walked over. Aya stood up. 
“You’re up against Vincent Chen from SHU. You’re still going to be playing on the first court. You may start at any time.” The head coach said. Aya nodded before grabbing her racket and her water bottle and her can of balls. She quickly made her way back to the first court and reposition her hair. Her opponent soon showed up and the match began. Unlike her last match, Aya decided to finish the match quickly since her opponent was someone powerful. Her score was 6-0 for both sets in the end. The match lasted about 30 minutes, which was pretty fast compared to the usual hour and a half a normal match would’ve lasted. 
Riley was playing his match against NCTU’s Rank 1, Alex Chang. The match lasted about an hour as the two were rivals. The score ended up to be Riley’s victory, 6-4, 6-1. Soon, all the single matches were finished with NTU coming out on top. The Doubles matches soon began with Wayne and Wes on the first court against Chris Huang and Jason Chou. Wes and Wayne won their match with the score 6-3, 6-2. Soon, the doubles matches were over with NTU being the top school as they were undefeated. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter