Danica

Senior Romance at its Best

Danica

 

I didn't expect to see Gikwang before me. He offered me his handkerchief and his time. He conversed with me and comforted me in his own way. He attempted to make me laugh and smile; he made me forget about Hyuna and everything else. All I knew was that at that moment, with him, I felt better. I felt happy.

And because of that, I let my walls come down.

 

**

"Come on," Gikwang nudged me. "Tell me."

I shook my head, "No way, I don't want to."

"But I was right," he grinned, "wasn't I?"

I raised a brow, "What do you mean? What were you 'right' about?"

"You trying to get away from any form of attention," he said with a playful grin spread wide on his face.

"No," I said in the most insisting tone I can let out, "you're wrong. I don't avoid attention...I just don't want it."

He glanced at me, "It's pretty much the same thing," he shrugged, "so I was right."

I felt the color drain away from my face. For a moment, I was at lost for words.

He continued looking at me--as if he was studying the look on my face--then he laughed. I turned to him and glared, "Is that why you're staying here? Too make fun of me?" I crossed my arms.

"No no no," he shook his head. "It's not that. It's just that I know I'm right, and you know I am! So, why are continuing to hide it? Why do you keep denying?"

"Because I don't have to tell you everything! We just met!"

Just when I was expecting him to say more, he didn't. He just grinned. It felt weird because he was quiet and I wasn't used to that. I mean, who stares at someone and smiles like that? For heaven's sake, I almost assumed that he might have...liked me.

Just when I was about to continue assuming, he asked: "So what's the story behind all this?"

I turned to him and crossed my arms. I sighed... and before I knew it, I told him everything.