Danica

Senior Romance at its Best

 

Danica

Time flies faster when I’m with Gikwang. I don’t know if it’s because of his company that I can’t get enough of or the things we want to do that we can’t seem to finish.

“We’re going to Lotte World later,” Gikwang blurted as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I shrugged it off.

“No, we’re not.”

“Why?” He pouted. “I thought you said Friday was our day!”

“I never said that,” I laughed.

“But you agreed to it.”

“Well,” I pinched his cheek, “doesn’t mean I agreed to it, I said it.”

“Whatever,” he rolled his eyes. “So, where are we dating tonight?”

“We’re not dating.”

“But it’s Friday!”

“I know,” I sang. “So, have you done your science research yet?”

“Don’t change the topic.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No, you are.”

“No I’m not!”

“You two are childish.” A familiar voice snarled. I glanced over my shoulder to see Hyuna crossing her arms. “What?” she smirked, “are you two done flirting?”

My cheeks flushed at her remark. “You don’t have a say in this Hyuna.” I said her name as if it were venom.

“Why not?” she rolled her eyes, “You called me a when you clearly had no say either.”

“Well, aren’t you just bitter.” I narrowed my eyes at her.

“I am not bitter.” She said through gritted teeth.

 “Danica, stop it.” Gikwang whispered as he gently tugged on my arm. “She isn’t worth it.”

“Stay out of this Gikwang!” I snapped.

“Oh my Danica,” Hyuna smirked with clear amusement dancing in her eyes. “You clearly don’t know how to treat a guy. No wonder no one has ever tried to date you. You should be sweeter next time.”

 “Is letting guys into your pants sweet?” I smirked as I saw her flinch.

“You son of a—“ Hyuna lunged for me and grabbed my hair. She screamed profanities at me while Gikwang was trying to get her off me.

“Stop it!” Gikwang hissed as he pulled Hyuna away from me.

“Stay out of this!” Hyuna snapped.

“I won’t!” he quarreled. “You just hurt Danica and that’s clearly crossing the line!”

I gawked at Gikwang who was now showing a different side of him. He isn’t his usual cheerful self. Instead, he’s fierce and…scary.

“You better stop hurting her,” Gikwang added, “or else I won’t think twice about hurting you.”

“You can’t hurt a girl!” Hyuna managed to squeak out.

“If it has to do with Danica or anyone else I love, then who says I can’t?” he smirked. “Now apologize and go, before I lose my patience and hurt you.”

Hyuna nodded her head as she tried to lock eyes with me. “S-sorry…” she muttered before she sped off. I locked eyes on her retreating figure then snapped my attention back to Gikwang.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered to him. “I didn’t mean to shout at you…I just…just really got mad at her and I was…”

“It’s okay.”

“No, it’s not.” I stared at him. “I didn’t want to do that…”

“I know,” he smiled, but it still didn’t convince me.

“Thanks,” I said as I reached for his hand, “Thank you for standing up for me.”

“No problem,” he said as he sheepishly smiled, “I didn’t like seeing her hurt you.” I flushed at his remark.

“Thanks, really. What you said…I…you…it means a lot to me.”

“You’re welcome.” He smiled as he squeezed my hand. “Now let’s go to class. We’re seriously late.”

I let out a small smile and nodded before I followed him to our classroom.