Danica

Senior Romance at its Best

Danica

 

The walk to Cube High was silent.

I guess Hyuna was still irked having me around. I guess she was mad at me for not letting her know. But still, why should she be mad? It’s not like the both of us would even get a chance with him. I mean, Dongwoon’s a kingka, right? And as a kingka, he doesn’t even recognize a ‘potential queenka’ like Hyuna; and if he can’t notice her, what more with me?

When we finally walked pass the gate of campus, I decided to break the awkward silence between the two of us. “So,” I cleared my throat. “Are you excited?”

“For what?” she faced me.

“Senior year,” I replied.

“Well, I guess so?” she shrugged. “I can’t wait to get out of this hell hole.” She flashed me a grin, and I knew that we were okay again. “You?”

“Nope,” I shook my head. “Getting out of the hell hole means getting a job; and I don’t like that. I think I want to stay young.”

She laughed, “Well, you go do that while I re-apply my make up in the girls’ room, a’ight?”

“Will do,” I laughed. “See you in Room 514?”

“See you,” Hyuna saluted as she made her way to the girls’ room.

 

In the midst of walking to my homeroom, someone bumped into me.

Oh! Sorry!” Yoseob yelled as he ran away.

I shook my head at the childish kingka, and decided to continue walking. But just as I was going to, I saw Dongwoon advancing my way. I felt my heart pacing faster than normal when I assumed that he might actually talk to me.

But, no.

Just like Yoseob, Dongwoon only bumped into me.

“I’m gonna get you, Yoseob!” he yelled in a playful manner as he was running after him.

Ouch,” I rubbed my shoulder and dusted off my sleeve. “You could say ‘sorry’, you know?!” I muttered under my breath as I bent down to pick up the things that dropped.

Dongwoon skidded to a stop, and I felt like my face grew pallid. Oh my gosh! Did he actually hear me?!

Dongwoon turned around and faced me, “Oops! Sorry!” he said as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. Just that, and he continued pursuing Yoseob.

I blinked as if I couldn’t believe he actually said something to me. Dongwoon actually said something to me! A wide grin was spread across my face as I stood there in place watching his retreating figure.

I don’t know how long I was standing there like an idiot, but I sure did snap out of it when I heard someone chuckle.

I glanced over my shoulder and my eyes landed on some guy—whom, I’ve never seen before—sitting on the bench. How long has he been there? I thought.

Before I could open my mouth to speak, he walked my way and bent on his knees.

At first I was freaked out cause it looked like he was going to propose, but actually he bent down to gather the things that I’ve dropped.

“Here,” he handed my books over to me after he dusted it off. “You forgot.”

My cheeks flushed at his last comment. “Thank you,” I said—though it seemed more like a whisper.

He crossed his arms and looked at me in a teasing manner. He had an eyebrow raised; it was like he was observing me.

“What?” I blurted.

“Nothing,” he shrugged. “I was just wondering why you were standing here earlier with that big silly grin all over your face for about…three minutes.”

My eyes rounded and I felt my cheeks grow warmer. “Excuse me?! Just who do you think you are to talk to me like that?!”

Oh, I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce myself.” He straightened his polo and cleared his throat. “I’m Lee Gikwang,” he held his hand out. “And you are…?”

Leaving,” I huffed as I walked away.

“Hey!” I heard Gikwang yell from behind me. “Wait!”

Tsk! Who does he think he is?! Doesn’t mean his cute he can go on and talk to me like that!

I glanced at him over my shoulder, and saw that he was actually running after me. I looked away and yelled, “Go away!” But he still pursued.

“Hey!” He overtook and ended up in front of me. He spread his arms wide and blocked my path. “Hey,” he said again. Only this time, it seemed more like a casual greeting.

“What now?” I crossed my arms.

“Well,” he sheepishly inserted a hand in his pocket. “As you can see, I’m new here.”

“So?” I furrowed my eyebrows. “What do you want me to do about it?”

“I want you…to…”

“To what?”

“Nothing. I want you,” he teased.

I felt my cheeks flush and I felt furious at him, “I have no time for this!”

“Okay okay okay! Chill!” He held his hands up. “I was just kidding.”

“Well, as you can see, I have no time for kidding; and more importantly, I haveno time for you.”

“Okay. Alright. I’m sorry, okay?” This time he finally looked serious. “Uhm,” he began. “Can you just tell me where Room 514 is?”

The moment I heard that, I felt smitten. What does he have to do with my homeroom? Don’t tell me he’s… “W-why?” I managed.

“It’s my homeroom,” he laughed. “Why else would I ask?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “I was hoping that you were just dropping by to hand something out to a dongsaeng…or something.”

“Well,” he grinned. “Too bad, I’ll be studying here as a senior.”

“And just when I thought I was finally getting rid of you,” I sighed. “Okay Gikwang, follow me.”

“Why?”

“I thought you wanted to know where your homeroom was.”

“Yeah, I do.” He said. “But I asked you to tell me, not show me. I’m surprised that you’re actually going to me there…considering that we weren’t on good terms a little earlier. Well, anyways, I’m glad that we can be friends!”

“Oh-ho-no,” I wiggled my index finger. “Don’t be too happy. I’m just showing you the way, because I happen to be having that for my homeroom too. So don’t get your hopes up, I never said that we’re going to be friends.”

“Yeah,” Giwkwang grinned. “But now that you mentioned it, we’re going to be stuck together the whole year.” He smirked. “It’d be impossible not to be friends.”

“Or enemies,” I corrected.

Or,” he smirked. “…lovers.”

 

____

[A/N: The titles I give every chapter are based on who's point of view it is, alright?]