Danica

Senior Romance at its Best

 

Danica

 

“Okay,” I blurted. “This is it.” I glanced at Gikwang.

“The room over there,” I pointed. “Is room 514.”

“Oh great!” Gikwang flashed a grin. “Let’s go?”

I blinked at him, “What do you mean let’s go?”

“Let’s go together,” he laughed.

No,” I said. “It’d be better to go on our separate ways and pretend we never met each other.”

“But,” Gikwang started. “What about after we enter the classroom? I mean, we’re going to be classmates, right? It’d be weird if we ‘didn’t’ know each other.”

“Okay fine, whatever you say.” I waved the thought away. “Just don’t enter the classroom with me.”

“Alright,” he raised both his hands as if in surrender. “Alright.”

“Okay,” I straightened my skirt. “I guess I’ll get going now. Bye.”

Alright, I know I seemed mean for treating Gikwang—a new student—in a not-so-friendly manner. But, everything happens for a reason, right? And my reason for trying to get him away from me is Hyuna.

Oh dear, I thought. Now I don’t just sound mean…I also sound like a y friend.

Anyways, I’ll clarify and let you know my side of the story.

As you can see, I’m trying to get as far as possible from Gikwang. Why? Because look at him! He’s clearly good-looking; and me talking to ‘potential kingkas’ are definitely out of the picture. If Hyuna sees me enter the classroom with him, she’ll make a big deal out of it…and if that happens, let’s just say I’ll meet my social death.

Or maybe not.

But either ways, I just don’t want to grab much attention. I want to stay as invisible as possible. After all,  I never was queenka material in Cube High any ways. Or so I think.

 

I warily entered room 514 and scanned the room for Hyuna. I honestly expected her to save me a seat since I’ve been doing that for her since the past few years; but anyways, when I finally spotted her...she had a frown on her face.

I walked up to her and said, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” she said icily. “There,” she pointed on the desk in front of hers. “I saved it for you.”

Oh,” I smiled. “Thanks!”

I sat on my chair and decided to unpack my things, and in the midst of doing so, the classroom fell silent.

At first, I thought the silence had something to do with me, but no. I was wrong.

I looked up and saw Gikwang in front of me—in front of my desk. And it was then that I knew that the silence had everything to do with me…and Gikwang.

‘What are you doing?!’ I mouthed.

“Hey,” he ignored my furious expression and went on with his innocent-happy-new-kid act. “Mind if I sit beside you?”

I glared at him, “You can go sit at the other vacant seat.” I nodded to the empty desk he just passed.

“But I want to sit here,” he insisted.

“But you can sit there,” I argued.

He turned speechless for a while, but then he leaned closer to my face. “You know,” he whispered. “I’m beginning to wonder exactly why you want us to enter the room separately.”

My cheeks flushed red. Not because his face was just a mere inch away from mine, but because of what he said.

“Fine. Go ahead,” I mumbled. “Sit where you want.”

I guess it’s too late anyways, I thought.Because of what Gikwang did, I knew that for once and for all …my invisibility in cube high has vanished; and I won’t just be another ordinary student who other people won’t notice. Him knowing me or not won’t change that fact. No, not anymore. Because of what he's done, I'll probably be featured big time in gossips and rumors again.  

When Gikwang sat on his seat, he put his elbow on his desk and rested his chin on his palm. He faced me.

“You know,” he said. “You’re really pretty. I don’t get why you’re trying to get away from all the attention you deserve.”

“What do you mean?” I raised a brow.

“You know exactly what I mean.” He smirked. “Otherwise why would you actually want us to enter the room separately? Obviously, you’re trying to avoid attention.”

“That’s a lie,” I denied even though I knew more than anything that he was right. “Don’t act like you know me.”

Even though you’re right…I continued in my mind.