Introduction

Senior Romance at its Best

 

Danica

 

“Danica!” Hyuna hissed. “Danica!”  

I let her call on my name. WhateverI don’t care about her anymore.

I continued pacing as fast as I could, until I can get as far from her as possible. I’ve never fought with her before, no way, not like this.

As I reached the bus stop I let myself rest for a while. I was still in midst of catching my breath when someone grabbed my shoulder. My eyes widened.

“How dare you let me chase after you with heels this high,” she panted.

I jerked my shoulder away from her. “Whatever,” I rolled my eyes. “I never asked you to chase me.”

She stared at me in disbelief. “Look Danica,” she grits her teeth. “I don’t know why, but can’t we just stop this?! I mean, it’s not my fault he—“

Oh! Believe me!” I snapped. “It’s your fault!”

Then she slapped me. Hard.

**

My eyes immediately opened. It was a dream after all; but though it was…it did feel real. As if it was still bound to happen.

I sat up in bed and pulled the sheets away from me. I went down the stairs to get a drink.

“Oh,” my mother looked up from the cook book she was reading. “You’re awake already. I still haven’t prepared your breakfast dear.”

“It’s fine,” I shrugged as I started to the refrigerator. “I just went down for a drink.”

“You want tea?” She offered.

I glanced at her and gave her a smile. Yes please.

She grinned as she put down the cook book. “Alright,” she walked my way and gently my head. “I’ll make you some.”

“Komawo omma,” I smiled.

“No problem,” she said. “You go get ready for school now. I’ll get your breakfast ready too.” I nodded as I went back to my bedroom.

After taking a brief bath, I wore my school uniform and straightened my skirt. I looked at myself in the mirror and arranged the curls and waves of my caramel-brown hair. I clipped a strand of my hair to the side and smiled at my reflection. I felt content.

I draped my bag over one shoulder and went down the stairs. “Smells good,” I said.

“Well, you look beautiful.” My mother glanced at me while bringing a tray of breakfast over to the dining table.

“You’re my mom, you’re supposed to say that.” I smiled.

“I think I’ll still say it even if you’re someone else’s daughter,” she laughed. “Okay, enough kidding around. Eat now or you’ll be late. It’s your first day today.”

Algesumnida~

 

 It was about 20 minutes after when Hyuna arrived in front of my home. She waved at me and I bid farewell to my mom. Together, we walked to school.

“So,” she nudged me. “What have you done during break?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “Eat?”

“Oh,” her lips were pressed into a thin line. “No boys?”

“No boys,” I assured. “You?”

“Not much,” she tried to be modest. “I just hooked up with Hyunseung.”

I know, I thought. You’ve been talking about him over the phone. After you’ve confronted me about being over Dongwoon.

“He’s still not my type though,” she added. I looked at her in disbelief.

“So you hooked up with a guy who isn’t your type?”

“Yeah,” she nodded. “I mean, Hyungseung’s cute…but Dongwoon’s hot.”

“I thought you were over him?!” I snapped.

This time, she raised an eyebrow at me. “And I thought you were too. Don’t tell me you still like him?!” She placed a hand on her hip.

“W-what?! No! I don’t!” I defended.

“Okay,” she shrugged. “Whatever you say.”

At first I was relieved that she didn't push the topic any further, but eventually I realized that she just let the topic pass because she knew that I was lying.

She knew that I won't tell her the truth. 

She knew that I won't let her know.

At least not this time.

 

____

Just an introduction so that you guys know that both Danica and Hyuna used to like Dongwoon at the same time. :)