Part 1

Idol's Life

“Yah yah, Jongdae-yah, man it’s alright, you are going to be alright” assured Minseok as he patted on Jongdae’s back “don’t worry, it will be the usual, don’t do it again, don’t date, don’t this, don’t do that, just nod your head and you are out”

“Hyung I’m sick of everything, always like this, aren’t we allowed to breath? all this , all I want is to sing and live a normal life, do they own us? Man Lu-ge is so lucky, sometimes-”

“Don’t say that yah! Just get it over with and then we will talk.”

And done he was with the meeting with his managers, that last scandal was apparently a big sin, Jongdae kept repeating there’s nothing scandalous about dating a girl, the scolding this time got way over hand and Jongdae wasn’t the type to just nod and yes ‘yes sir’ like Junmyeon and the other guys.

“How did it go?” asked Junmyeon with a bright dumb smile as he always does to make his boys feel better.

“Give me your car keys.”

“What?”

“Junmeyon hyung just give me your damn car keys.”

Junmyeon got them out of his pocket and before he could say anything Jongdae snatched them and almost run outside the offices.

“Jongdae-yah! Whare are you going? We need to be at the dorms earlier than usual today, after wh-”

“Get off my back! I’m going no where near the dorms today.”

“Yah!” exclaimed Minseok.


And out he was, he sprinted like there was no tomorrow, he was so panicked that he actually thought the guards would be after him, totally paranoid, he got in Junmyeon’s car and as he drove out he was stopped.

“Kim Junmyeon-ssi, you need to sign- Oh! Kim Jongdae-ssi” said the parking lot guard.

“Yes, hyung is inside, he will sign, now open the damn gate before I run over it”

“Wh-”

“Open it damn it!”

“Yes certainly” said the guard bowing letting Jongdae out.

He placed his snapback and his hoodie over it after securing this face mask over his ears, he drove off at and incredible high speed and not even 500 meters from the SM offices…


Just moved to Seoul with an exchange program through your university back in your country, ever since you arrived you took those long long walks through Seoul streets, as if wanting to discover every little corner before the real study time started. The weather was similar as back home, you trusted your fur coat that reached your knees greatly, fluffy and better than a boyfriend you thought, it hugged your body and made you feel so cosy, you loved running your hands over your forearms feeling the fur every time you stopped awaiting for the pedestrian sign to turn green, when it did you crossed the street but…

“Aaaaaaaah” you screamed as you waited for the fancy Mercedes to be the last thing you remember from this life.

Jongdae pressed the breaks harshly creating that squidding sound in the pavement, that moment you just paralysed waiting for it, watching how it got closer at an incredible speed, faster than any brain command for you to move away, you found yourself being pushed slightly, the car coming to a halt acknowledging that nothing major happened, just then people gathered around you, some gasping some patting your back.

Jongdae didn’t know what to do, if he just left the people around would get Junmyeon’s car registration number, or even worst take pictures and then be accused of hit and run, Jongdae was screwed, as if he needed more SM drama, ‘think Jongdae, think’

He fixed his his snapback trying to cover his forehead as much as he could and went down. 

“죄송합니다 아가씨, 괜찮습니다? - choisonghamnida agassi, gwaenchansueubnida?- I’m sorry miss are you alright?” he asked using his most formal speech, trying to sound different.

You looked up and nodded, Jongdae realised you were a foreigner he thanked the heaves releasing some of the stress, you wouldn’t know who he was he thought, he patted your back and you noticed that he pulled your arm for you to come near him making you sit on the hood of the car, you were still taken aback.

“I am very sorry.” 

And now it hit you when you looked at his covered face, you saw them peculiar moles Jongdae had, one on his left eyebrow and 2 under his right one followed by another 2 on his temple that were aligned to perfection, you were imaginary tracing a line to connect them with your eyes, but what is this? Kim Jongdae was right there patting your back, your face expression turned dramatically your eyes doubled in size, he saw it coming, just before you opened your mouth to question if it was him he was hugging you, not just any hug but one of those hugs that muted any girl, what? Why?

“I MISSED YOU, WHY YOU ARE HERE? I WAS ON MY WAY TO COLLECT YOU JAGIYA!” he said loudly total high pitch voice that confirmed that it was him, the one and only “please play along” he added, this came as a whisper in your ear, his cute accent… you could of sworn that something wetter than usual touched your earlobe “get in my car…please.”

You nodded hysterically your chin poking his shoulder, just then he was confident enough to let go of you, he turned around and bowed at the curious people that were still near thanking them for their worry, you were no expert in Korean but the word ‘yoja-chingu’ (girlfriend) you recognised coming out from his lips like 10 times as he bowed and bowed till there was only you and him.

“Did I hurt you? Please let me take you to the hospital!” he offered praying that you would opt not to.

Your eyes were still widely open, Jongdae didn’t know how to treat you, what to do now? You still could cause him trouble, he did hit you after all.

“Please tell me what to do? But please don’t post anything online, get in my car please” he gently placed his both hands over your shoulders opening the door for you, as you sat down you felt a discomfort on your knees.

When Jongdae sat on the driver’s seat he saw you looking at your knees that were lightly bumped.

“I can’t believe I almost hit you with the car, I-I don’t know what’s gotten into me, please… I don’t know-”

“It’s alright Kim Jongdae-ssi”

“Just, just call me oppa, I’m pretty sure I’m your oppa.”

“Yes you are” you smiled at him making him loosen up a bit “I’m alright, I’m ____”

“Where will I take you? Let me have the honour of being your driver for today”

“The honour is mine Kim Jon-… oppa.”

“와~~~ 귀엽다! - Wa~~~ gwiyeobda! - Wow cute!”

“I understood that.”

“Good” he said now winking at you.

You gave him the address to your apartment, and you shared a nice talk, he asked you how and since when you knew about the existence of a Korean boyband being Dutch, he was happy to know that they were that known in Europe scolding him about never visiting it.

“Here we are…” but that was too short, this was EXO’s Chen, is that how long your fantasy was going to last?

He opened the door for you and without asking he wrapped his arm around your waist bringing you close “throw you arm around my neck.”

“I can walk tho, I’m fine.”

“Yeah but I will feel much better if you let me do this much for you.”

And why would you deny such a request?

The ride in the elevator was particularly awkward, it was real the image he gave in TV, Kim Jongdae wasn’t shy, he kept looking at your face… closely, you on the other hand cleared your throat several times remembering your tumblr blog imagining if he ever found out about it *cough cough*

“What is it?” he asked.

“Nothing, it’s just too stuffy in here”

“It must be this polar bear here that you are wearing.”

“Did you just make fun of my amazing coat?”

Jongdae snorted “amazing yeah.”

“Not going to remind you of Mama era outfits…”

“Ouch, that was low.”

OMG did you just…

“I’ll forgive you today because I almost killed you, I’ll check your knees before I go just to make sure you are alright”

Jongdae just auto-invited himself in, just great, couldn’t you had dreamt of this before hand to have the apartment look a bit more decent?

You arrived to your floor, Jongdae tightened the grip and walked alongside with you, you entered the 4-digit passcode that you noticed Jongdae clearly saw.

“9297? What does stand for?”

“You feel more like a stalker than a celebrity.”

“I’m sorry, you are right.”

“괜찮아요 오빠! - gwaenchanhayo oppa - it’s alright oppa”

And that smile that you wanted to see ever since you met him made an appearance, a proper Chen’s smile that had that hypnotising effect, his naturally curled upwards lips were more visible his eyes smiling as well, your knees shut from the excitement and you looked away pushing the door to the apartment open.

You took your arm back and detached yourself walking to the couch inviting him in, he followed you and went on his knees pulling your coat open his hands over your knees as his famous gamer thumbs rubbed on your kneecaps, you just watched amused, really? What were you supposed to do now just watch him? 

“Can I ask you to do something? Please don’t get me wrong, I just… I want to make sure you are completely fine, I am no doctor but it will make me feel better, my conscience is killing me.”

“Uhm” all you could muster.

He rubbed the nape of his neck “can you pull your tights down?”

“Uh? Excuse me?”

Jongdae exhaled and run his hands over his face “I just want to see your knees.”

“I am fine, really.”

Jongdae arose from the floor falling on the couch next to you, he rested his elbows on his thighs pinching the bridge of his nose, you noticed his shoulders shrinking as he brought one of the cushions to his chest, you heard some strange noises coming from his mouth, was he that upset that you refused to show him your knees?

“Ammm, oppa? Look see I-I… here they are, see there’s nothing wrong with them, they are not even that red anymore” you said pulling down your tights, sitting back next to him patting his shoulder.

Jongdae looked up meeting your eyes, his eyebrows knitted, his nose and eyes reddened as he sniffed pouting, looking like the most vulnerable little boy in the world.

“Oppa? What’s wrong? Why are y-”

“This might sound weird, but just… can you hug me?”

“Ha?”

“Just please hug me” he said bringing himself close to you resting his head on the crock of your neck his arms still hugging the cushion “please I really need a hug, I… ca-”

You hugged him back, tightly, you pulled the cushion that was between you two away, Jongdae returned the hug just as tight, his face turning resting comfortably on your shoulder, his warm breath hitting your skin, your fingers found their way to the nape of his neck and your nails made contact with his scalp, making his tense body relax as a desperate sigh escaped his lips “thank you ___.”

“괜찮아요 - gwaenchanhayo - it’s alright” 

_________________________

A/N: Ah poor JD, part 2 will be posted soon.

Thanks for reading, feedback always welcomed ^_^