let me pay

지루한 - kmg + jww

to be honest, mingyu would waste all the popcorn in the world if it meant wonwoo would laugh like that again 

***

"hello mrs jeon i'm here- you're not mrs jeon" mingyu frowned as he met seungkwan's eyes.

"well noticed. i'm seungkwan" seungkwan stepped to the side, allowing mingyu in.

"i know. your friend hansol threatened to hurt me if i made a move on you" mingyu snorted and wiped his feet on the little mat and walked in.

"aww hansol" seungkwan muttered, smiling at the thought of hansol having a go at mingyu.

"seungkwan what the hell?!" wonwoo yelled, running down the stairs, he quickly noticed mingyu standing next to seungkwan and quickly gathered himself "hello mingyu"

wonwoo had to admit, seungkwan did do a good job at dressing him but who ever dressed mingyu did an even better job because wonwoo's breath hitched slightly. (or maybe wonwoo just always thought mingyu looked good but he wouldn't admit that) he quickly pushed the thought of how hot mingyu looked to the side of his head as his eyes left the jacket mingyu was sporting.

mingyu had to take a second to gather his own thoughts and heart, he was slightly afraid he might even have a heart attack because he wasn't quite prepared for how good wonwoo looked. especially when he was yelling at seungkwan.

okay that's a bit strange, but nevertheless true.

"sorry about seungkwan he's a" wonwoo paused for a moment "very annoying person"

"yeah but i got you to look hot so like" seungkwan pointed a finger towards wonwoo before walking back up to wonwoo's room.

mingyu had to agree there, not that wonwoo wasn't hot in general just seungkwan really brought it out that evening with the green jacket and ripped jeans. not to mention wonwoo's messy hair which made mingyu's heart beat faster than before. then again he would find wonwoo hot in a penguin onesie.

"don't stay here too long or eat my food" wonwoo yelled after seungkwan before turning back to mingyu as seungkwan yelled back a "yeah yeah"

"so, let's go?" wonwoo asked with a smile.

"let's go" mingyu smiled back, holding the door open for wonwoo and allowing him to exit first.

****

around ten minutes later they've arrived at the movie theatre and decided to get their snacks seeing as mingyu had already bought the tickets for the movie itself. they both settled for some salty popcorn and a drink each, but they're teenagers and shouldn't be trusted with money, so they also got some sour candies and m&m's.

as they made their way to the third floor, mingyu had managed to trip over the escalator as he got off which resulted in some spilled popcorn and wonwoo grasping at his upper arm.

"you alright?!" wonwoo asked as mingyu regained his balance, dusting himself of some of the popcorn that had managed to get on him.

"yeah, fine, i'm just bad at walking it seems" mingyu joked slightly, the joke ended up a success seeing as wonwoo had let out a laugh at the younger boy before shaking his head and walking off. part of mingyu felt really accomplished at that, even if it meant he'd wasted some popcorn. to be honest, mingyu would waste all the popcorn in the world if it meant wonwoo would laugh like that again.

around another two minutes later they were settled into their seats in the theatre and mingyu was already snacking on his popcorn; wonwoo not seeing as he believes you only start eating popcorn when the movie starts.

slowly but surely more people filed into their seats as the advertisements started, mingyu and wonwoo settled for making small talk while waiting for the movie to actually start. small talk which involved asking about snails and whether or not they have ears. ( they don't but they do use vibrations to detect sound by the way)

around half way through the movie, mingyu glanced over to wonwoo to see him staring at the screen intently while occasionally stuffing a few pieces of popcorn in his mouth. mingyu, being a tease and having had seen plenty bad movies, pretended to yawn and stretched his arm over wonwoo's shoulders. it took the elder a solid few seconds to realize what had happened but as soon as he did he slightly choked on the popcorn in his mouth before eagerly accepting the bottle of water mingyu handed him with his available hand.

wonwoo immediately deemed the action platonic and attempted (and failed) to not make a big deal of it, despite the fact that he could clearly smell mingyu's cologne and couldn't help but love it.

while mingyu was sitting there, smirking at the screen, very much proud of himself at managing to make the elder flustered. he only felt slightly guilty for making him choke on popcorn though.

once the movie had finished they had cleared up all their junk and dumped it in the bins outside the room before walking back downstairs, fully immersed in a conversation about iron man's parenting skills.

neither had forgotten the little fiasco from earlier, however.

they quickly decided to pick up some food as well and seeing as they're teenagers and are just about slightly broke they got some burgers, the cheap yet surprisingly good ones. they both settled for the basic cheese burger with fries

"sometimes basic things are the best, even if they seem a bit boring at first you still realise that they're actually ideal" mingyu pointed out as they placed their order with the girl at the counter. wonwoo; oblivious as a wall didn't manage to get what mingyu was trying to say though.

"okay that will be 11.25 please" the girl (name tag reading 'sarah') smiled at mingyu who reached to his pocket to grab his wallet.

"i'll pay my half," wonwoo said quickly and mingyu shushed him immediately.

"no"

"but-" wonwoo tried again

"i said no, im paying now shush" mingyu pushed wonwoo's hand, holding money, away.

"so rude to your hyung" wonwoo glared, hitting mingyu over the head with his wallet making sarah helping them laugh slightly at the two. wonwoo, in slight anger but also adoration, then stomped off to one of the tables with his arms crossed.

"here you go"mingyu smiled, handing over the money to sarah before she handed him the receipt.

"he's funny, i'd ask for his number if you two weren't here together" sarah laughed slightly and winked at mingyu "you two work well together though"

part of mingyu felt defensive about what she had just said, well more like possessive, he didn't like the idea of some girl wanting wonwoo's number. which was absurd seeing as they're just friends. but he let that slide and looked over to wonwoo with a small smile.

"we do work well together, don't we"

***

"i could have paid for myself, for the movie too." wonwoo huffed as they started making their way home.

"i know, that doesn't mean you have to though, after all, i am trying to be a gentleman. paying, opening doors, i would have even offered you my jacket but it's not cold" mingyu explained, wonwoo blushing at the last bit.

"next time im paying" wonwoo prodded mingyu's shoulder with his pointer finger and attempted to sound stern.

"so there's gonna be a next time?" mingyu teased, wiggling his eyebrows.

"of course you idiot, we're friends, it would be weird if we didn't hang out again" wonwoo rushed out in an attempt to hide how flustered he was now that he was realising how much this was like a date.

mingyu just looked down at the ground as the words 'we're friends' repeated in his head, it was bittersweet. he felt honoured to be wonwoo's friend but some part of him wanted to be more.