no, it's fine

지루한 - kmg + jww

"all that he knew was that he needed a distraction from mingyu right now, and maybe just maybe, throwing himself into work will do that."

***

jisoo had to take a moment, he stared at the laptop and at wonwoo in awe. it was him, it was wonwoo, wonwoo who he personally knew, wonwoo who was his friend. the answer was right under his nose the whole time and he didn't even notice.

"what? no? no way, oh my gosh why didn't you tell me?!" jisoo snapped out of his trance and jumped up.

"I didn't want anyone to know" wonwoo shrugged, looking up at jisoo.

" Well why tell me now?" Jisoo asked with a pout, it seemed a bit odd and out of the blue, "You're not quitting are you because you didn't submit anything and-"

wonwoo cut him off "i'm not quitting, i just feel like someone should know, and I have a feeling im going to be a lot more distracted lately and i feel like you could keep me on track." 

jisoo frowned, "distracted?"

"yeah, it's confusing and i can't really explain it right now" wonwoo muttered but his mind screamed "mingyu! mingyu! is the reason you're distracted" 

he ignored it.

"oh, alright then, take your time" jisoo smiled at him, a smile that managed to ease wonwoo right now, he was very grateful for jisoo's gentleness.

"thanks" they sat there for a moment, neither really knowing where to take this from here on.

"so you wouldn't mind a little" jisoo grinned "interview?"

wonwoo rolled his eyes at how excited and hopeful jisoo sounded and nodded his head, "as long as it stays anonymous" 

jisoo nodded vigorously and opened a new document on his laptop, already starting to type some questions.

wonwoo sat back in his chair, he didn't know if telling jisoo was smart or not yet. all that he knew was that he needed a distraction from mingyu right now, and maybe just maybe, throwing himself into work will do that.

**** 

it had been around three weeks since wonwoo had told jisoo about his secret, three weeks since he and mingyu had a proper conversation, they'd often greeted each other in the hall ways or maybe in a class, but the little library 'dates' and book rambles had ended. so did the weekend hangouts and late night texting.

wonwoo didn't enjoy it as much as he hoped he would have, he was just so much more work-driven recently. jisoo and he met up many lunchtimes to discuss stories as well as wonwoo helping out in the newspaper in general seeing as he had finally gotten the guts to hand in his application ( which jisoo didn't even need to look at to confirm because he knew what wonwoo could do and he knew his abilities, call him bias if you wish ) 

friday rolled around and wonwoo had just made his way into the cafeteria to grab some crisps from one of the vending machines before returning to jisoo and the sports articles they were editing. as wonwoo punched in the numbers of the packet he wanted he felt a light tap on his shoulder, the tap soon earned a face, mingyu's face.

"Hey can we hang after school?" mingyu asked hopefully, the tone slightly pulling at wonwoo's heart because he knew he was declining.

"Sorry 'gyu I'm busy" he sighed sheepishly, attempting to soften it with mingyu's nickname.

"With what?" mingyu whined, slightly bouncing up and down on his knees like a child.

"Some stuff with jisoo nothing much I'm staying over at his this weekend" wonwoo placed his hand on mingyu's shoulder, stilling him and staring into his eyes hoping that mingyu would understand.

mingyu sighed and placed his hand on wonwoo's, brushing his thumb over the top of wonwoo's hand "You've stayed at his the past two weekends, we haven't spoken in forever, wonwoo please" 

mingyu's voice was so sincere and his hand was so soft, wonwoo felt bad with every second passing between them. wonwoo closed his eyes and pursed his lips

"Sorry mingyu I can't. We could try maybe-"

"It's fine" mingyu cut him off and took wonwoo's hand off of his shoulder harshly. "see you, i don't know when seeing as you're so busy and i don't plan on waiting forever" 

and with that mingyu walked off, head hanging low. wonwoo's heart pulled and he felt extremely bad. he didn't want to hurt mingyu like this, he didn't want to hurt himself like this. he was just hoping that his feelings would lessen. but now instead of his feelings lessening his bond with mingyu lessened. 

wonwoo sighed, he needed to focus on his work with jisoo right now, but how can he focus when there's something, someone, more important on his mind.

***

a/n do you guys even like this? is this even good? it feels too predictable. idk sorry about the short chapters as well.