they're in love

지루한 - kmg + jww

"the writer-"

"oh jeez"

---

on wednesday mingyu heads into school early to retrieve his copy of the school newspaper and still have enough time to read the newest story before class. as he walks into the school cafeteria he sees the paper stand and already from a distance he can see love hearts? spewed across the top.

mingyus thoughts are confirmed as he picks up a copy and reads the subtitle that's surrounded by little pink and red hearts. 

"a new story with a twist of romance, bound to bring in a whole new audience" 

'whats that supposed to mean?' mingyu thinks to himself as he flips to page 14 where the stories are usually posted. 

he reads over the story as he takes a seat at one of the high tables. the title wasn't as much of a bait as he had expected, the story is really a romance. over the past three years, mingyu hasn't seen a single romance story, other than the occasional side couple but never something romanced centred. mingyu has never been a fan of romance but the way the writer sets the scene and describes the characters makes them feel so real and so genuine, as if the writer is truly writing from their heart.

'maybe they are' mingyu thinks to himself as he places the paper in his bag for lunch.

---

it was a quiet wednesday lunchtime and wonwoo had decided to sit outside with seungcheol, jisoo, jeonghan and seokmin seeing as it was relatively warm out and the other four boys had practically begged him to come with.

wonwoo was taking a bite of an apple when he heard mingyu yelling from behind him.

"yah wonwoo!" mingyu yelled running up to the table.

"yes?" wonwoo asked, raising an eyebrow at the older boy as he slowed his pace once he neared the table.

"i would have liked to know you wouldn't be in the library. i've been looking for you," mingyu explained, sitting down in between wonwoo and seokmin.

"right, sorry about that" wonwoo smiled sheepishly.

"hm okay." mingyu pretended to look angry for a moment before lightly punching wonwoos arm and turning to the rest of the table "hello everyone"

a chorus of 'hello's was heard from everyone else and mingyu pulled out his lunch.

"oh i've made an observation about mystery writer" mingyu smirked suddenly and jisoo perked up.

"anything as to explain who it is?" jisoo asked eagerly

"no not quite i'm sorry." mingyu frowned "but i do believe that they're in love"

the statement made wonwoo choke slightly on his sandwich.

"in love?! how can you gather that someone is in love just from a little story?!"  seokmin asked completely confused by mingyu's 'observation'

"well this is their first ever romance and they go into a lot of detail about how the characters feel" mingyu explained.

"hm maybe. but i don't think that one hundred percent confirms being in love" seungcheol pondered.

"well i'm sure of it. this is all too pure to be make-believe" mingyu spoke, certainty lacing his voice.

"honestly I think you think this is the writer being in love because they write o badly that you got the wrong idea"  wonwoo spoke, shrugging and biting his apple.

"well i like they're writing and i'm telling you. they're in love" mingyu pouted and looked down towards his sandwich.

"sure whatever" jeonghan laughed

---

next week on wednesday mingyu picks up his paper and almost screams as he reads the story on page 14.

it seems this week the writer has written even more passionately about their character's relations. mingyu feels so drawn in by the writing that he can't stop. the ending had a bit of a cliffhanger and mingyu desperately wanted to know whether or not they had said yes. he was silently hoping the writer would reveal so next week. but in all honesty he couldn't wait till then.

---

that lunchtime mingyu spots wonwoo in the library as he passes the window and makes a beeline to the entrance.

he excitedly ran in and straight to wonwoo before quickly grabbing the empty seat next to him, causing the metal to clash against the table.

"i knew it" he yelled excitedly as he shook wonwoos arm

"keep it down we are in a library" wonwoo replied in a bored tone, placing his book down on the table and looking towards mingyu.

"i knew it though" mingyu grinned, so bright wonwoo's heart skipped a beat, as he rummaged through his bag for the paper

"knew what?" wonwoo asks, confused by the other boy's odder than usual actions

"the writer-"

"oh jeez" wonwoo cut mingyu off with a sigh and an eye roll.

"here me out they're so in love with someone. like look at all of this" mingyu points to the story in the paper.

wonwoos eyes trail over it and all the bright pink highlighted areas along with all little scribbled in annotations on the side.

he was almost impressed. no scratch that he was impressed. mingyu obviously cared a whole lot to pick apart a piece of writing like this. this was the kind of work their literature teacher would have been proud of.

mingyu points out all the clues and explains his reasoning behind them as well, and wonwoo can't help but admire his interest in the topic and analysis skills.

occasionally wonwoo would ask a question but it seemed mingyu was prepared for anything. it was like he had spent hours on hours thinking of this, rather than paying attention in his classes, which knowing mingyu, was possible.

wonwoo simply nodded along and listened to mingyu's little rants about the writer. he had even brought up the week priors story and showed some clues from there.

wonwoo once again found that the bell for their next classes rung far too soon for his liking but apart of him knew that this wouldn't be the last time mingyu would rant about the mystery writer. and wonwoo was sure of that.