Talk of the School

Affinity ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jieun’s Point of View

This Monday morning was very interesting at school. You could tell who was at Bora’s party by seeing how tired and hungover someone was. I bet it went on pretty late after Bora announced that Jongin was her mate at midnight. 

I tried to catch Jackson up with what went on since he was busy studying last night. “Wait, how many mistletoes were there? Give me an estimate!” He hounded me while I took my textbooks out of my locker. I shrugged and said, “There were so many that I don’t think I could’ve counted all of them. Maybe over 100 mistletoes. If I see any more couples making out, I’m going to gag!” 

“I missed out then! I should’ve just gone. The biology test this morning was so easy,” he pouted. “You’re crazy. I was trying to get out as fast as I could. I had to dodge some guys on the way out of the house,” I laughed and shook my head while I checked if I grabbed the right textbooks.

“Were you okay?” Jongin popped up behind Jackson, scaring him in the process. “Jonggie! Don’t ing scare me like that,” Jackson cried out and turned to glare at him but Jongin didn’t bother to look at him. He held his gaze with me which made me a little nervous for some reason. I didn’t know he was near us listening to our conversation. 

“Yeah, I’m fine. It was a good thing you explained to me what a mistletoe was or I would have been really confused at the couple of guys that tried to kiss me,” I said and laughed. I shut my locker and turned to face him. Jongin smiled and asked, “Was the walk home okay?” 

How did he know I walked home? He must’ve seen the confusion on my face since he clarified, “You felt really cold. I figured you walked.”

Jackson furrowed his brows and looked at him and then me and raised a brow suspiciously. “What do you mean she felt cold? Jongin, why are you touching my best friend?!,” Jackson squealed, looking at him disgustingly. 

Jongin’s and my eyes widened, shaking our heads furiously. “No, I didn’t touch her! I just had to hold her hand- I mean, I had to bring her into the house and she felt cold! That’s all!” Jongin exclaimed. 

I shoved Jackson’s shoulder and warned him, “Don’t joke like that! He has a mate now! Keep your mouth shut before Bora kicks my .”

Now it was Jackson who widened his eyes before he broke out into a smile and playfully punched Jongin’s arm, “No way. Congrats dude. That’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. How lucky that your mate goes to the same damn school and in your same friend group.”

Jackson was right. He was extremely lucky. I know that quite a lot of people grow old and pass away without ever meeting their mate. It’s quite rare nowadays. With transportation being so accessible, people are displaced everywhere now. Your mate could live in another city or even another country. That’s why a lot of lycans like to stick to their own kind, their own community. The likelihood of finding their mate is much higher and you could preserve the lycan blood. 

Although, now that lycan communities are spread throughout the world and it’s less likely to find a mate, it’s more common now for lycans to start families with other lycans despite not being true mates. Heck, some lycans are dating humans now too. 

I’ve always wondered who my parents were since my wolf is so weak. Maybe my parents were a lycan and human couple that just didn’t work out. I could only imagine though and I felt a knot in my stomach knowing that I’ll never know the full story of who my parents were. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter