Chapter 4

Nerd Mistakenly In Love

Yunhwan's Point of View


"Yunhwan! YAH BAE YUNHWAN! ARE YOU OKAY?? Please wake up!", Jihoon screamed in panic mode. 
(Yunhwan wakes back up from being unconsciousness)
"Can you hear me?? How many fingers am I holding up?"
"Two."
"You should be fine then. Anyways, what are you doing here in a FREAKING TRASH BAG? You have wounds and scratches all over your body?? HOW???!?"
"Trash can? What trash can?", I asked idiotically not understanding the situation.
"The school trash can. I volunteered to help the school lunch ladies to clean the cafeteria for them during the midnight and decided to throw away the trash bags. I then saw another weird looking shape trash bag besides the dump area so out of curiosity, I cut the bag open and it turned to be you inside of it."
"Oh... thank you for finding me then..."
"What? How can you be so calm? Who knows what would happened if I didn't happen to spot you out here?!!! You know, you could've died without any attention or a soul knowing. Anyways, do you remember what happened or why you're here?" 
"I... I-I... I'm-"
"Never mind. Don't speak yet. You're probably too exhausted right now and more importantly, you reek of rotten tomatoes. Let's get you home to wash up and then you can tell me anything that you might've remember later on."
Settings: Yunhwan's Apartment 
Since I'm not a weak or dumb girl, I'm going to be honest with Jihoon and tell him everything.
"I remember going to the bathroom and was pushed to the wall.", I explained examining my wounds and scratches. "There was three girls there... they demanded for money but I replied with them being disappointed. However, they didn't a believe a word I've said and even brought up your name."
"What did they say about me. Or possibly, us?"
"Nothing much. Just nonsense . Mostly about me using your wealthiness to trick you into giving me your money. Living off in a money and heaven life."
"After that?"
"They decided to strip-... m-my clothes off... just after that last word of theirs, everything just out. For some reason though, I still have my clothes on so that was pretty lucky of me. But I never knew that they would go this far... torturing me while I was still unconsciousness... storing me into a bag and just leaving me out behind the school to be thrown away."
TBH... I was scared too. Very scared. Usually, I'm not like this. But every time when Jihoon's name is mention to me, my body nerve's systems just shoots my brain where I cannot focus well. But I'm still not sure why... why does this happen? *sighs*
"But Jihoon... isn't it true though."
"True about what?", Jihoon replied.
"About me using your wealthiness and popularity level-----to earn money. I even dragged you down to the scholar club with me without telling you. I'm very sorry. If I'm somehow pressuring you in any kind of way, just be honest with me.", I apologized with a guilty chuckle. A very guilty one. 
"You don't have to apologize... You're not using me if you already told me your reason for building up this fake relationship before hand."
I still feel sad and mad though. Mainly because of Jihoon not exposing me even after knowing that my survival plan was by using his name. He's just so innocent. Maybe too innocent. Too weak as well. Weaker than me, as a boy. It annoys the hell out of me because of his loyal trait and kind stupid brain. God I wish I was the mother of this sweet boy. 
"Just get some sleep and rest Yunhwan. You shouldn't go to school tomorrow. I suggest that you should go to your doctor just to check your health... also to make sure that your wounds and scratches does not cause an infection despite the fact that you were in a trash bag behind the dirty school for almost the whole day from afternoon to midnight. I'll be leaving now. Make sure to take care of yourself. Just call me if anything happens. You already have my number in your pho-"
"NO!"
I can't let him leave me all alone in this small room. I can't believe it... even this small fiction relationship can change everything about me. All I care right now is my loneliness. Watching him setting a foot out of my door reminds me of my parents so much. Why? Because they said the exact things. They did the exact things... before leaving me and never returned. Before vanishing into the flames. 
(FLASHBACKS!!!!!!!)
"Make sure to take care of yourself Yunhwan! I'll be leaving now. Just call me if anything happens. You already have my number in your phone. I promise I'll see you in a few days sweetie! Bye!"
"Okay mom and dad! Bye, I love you!", I replied happily... not knowing what was gonna happen in the next few minutes. 
Through my window, I could see the plane that my parents was on taking off into the thin air. Just then, a light shoots from the plane through my bedroom room's wall almost blinding me. That was one of the reason why I am I stuck with wearing these glasses mistakenly considered as a nerd. Well I guess you can say that I am a nerd anyways. When I was finally able to open my eyes again, the sky was covered in dark smokes looking sadly. It almost seems like I could read the sky's emotions. Gloomy and depressed. That was the last time that I have ever got to hear my parent's voice again. After that day, I turned into the same sky that appeared on the same day of my parent's death. gloomy............ and........... depressed. I was so distraught that I couldn't even intend my parent's funeral. Why? Because my mom never kept her promise. I never saw them again. 
(BACK TO THE PRESENT!!!!!!!)
"Please... please... stay. Stay with me tonight. I'm... I'm scared."
It wasn't that I was scared of ghosts or thieves. I was scared of my parents for leaving me behind in this side of the world, even though they do not exist anymore. 
"Fine then. I'll stay here with you tonight.", Jihoon sat down next to me. 
"Thank you...", I whispered slowly falling asleep on his shoulders without realizing it.