Chapter 1

Nerd Mistakenly In Love

Bae Yunhwan's Point of View


(At school)


As I walk to lunch in the hallway, everybody stops eating and gave me a death glare. I mean what the hell man? When I got my lunch and looked to my friend (Junghee) as a sign of me going to sit next to her, she stands up and walked away to another table. I wandered why?
When people realizes that I'm near them, they just back away from me. Why is everybody avoiding me? I then walk to my friend's (Junghee) table and noticed that she made a sigh at me looking away to opposite direction. 
"What's wrong Junghee?", I asked politely.
"It's you... you're the problem. How can you do this without telling me. Yunhwan, we've been friends since little. Why can't you even trust me on this and kept it as a secret this whole time?"
"What are you talking about?"
At this point, my mind went blank. My head was missing a piece of puzzle. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? How come I don't know anything but everybody does.
"You don't know?!", Junghee continued. "Just stop acting! We all know that you and Jihoon are dating each other. The whole school knows so stop acting innocent."
"That's not true but even if I was dating him, what's the reason for me being guilty then?", I yelled back at her. This girl is out of her mind. Where did she even get those stupid news from?? Where? How? When?
"The whole school made a promise remember? About Jihoon being everybody's crush. Not just you. Not just me. But everybody so nobody should have any rights to date him because that's consider as betraying us including me. Especially when I'm in the position as your best friend. It's like you've betray me as well." 
I'm really just getting frustrated right now. I DON'T KNOW WHY OR HOW THIS GIRL IS SAYING ALL OF THESE BULL NONSENSE OUT BUT THIS GOTTA STOP. It's ruining my school life along with my appearance and my only best friend. 
"Who told these stuff Junghee?"
"Just go look at the bathroom hallways...", she replied with an annoy look. I will fix that facial expression sooner or later. 
I then ran to the bathroom hall forgetting to thank her and WOW.... there were pictures of Jihoon and me holding hands everywhere. Next to every of my face was labeled as "traitor" and "". Just what was the school thinking or the girl who took the picture that lived next door to me. 
"I have to remove all of this pictures. I have to tell the truth."
I then ran back to the lunch area and got a wireless microphone. I climbed on top of an empty table of course and began to clear my voice. Right when I was about to speak, I saw a poster on the wall saying scholar ship club. I knew you had to be popular to join in to earn money but I'm not that popular. I'm just a regular student like everybody else... oh well, let's get the task done first and that is clearing my name.
"Umm!!!!", the microphone whistled loudly. "Attention please!" Right when I began, once again, everybody threw their eyes at me as if I was a demon or something. "I just want to clear somethings up about Jihoon and me... Umm-"
Wait a minute... Jihoon's popular right?? So if I date him, I'll be popular too and then......... I'll be able to join the scholar ship club. 
" Never mind, just get back to what you guys were doing." 
As I walked out the lunch door, everybody else eyes followed. But I had to find Jihoon. I have to!!! I need to! When I look outside the windows go the tennis court, there he was. A loner sitting on the benches by himself. Surprisingly, there was no girls around him. 
"Jihoon!!!!!!!" I called out waving at him. "Don't go anywhere, I'll come down to you. WE NEED TO TALK!" OMO!!! Did I just talk to him? Did I just spoke to him? Did he noticed me??? Did he hear me? I JUST SPOKE TO HIM FOR TGE FIRST TIME! JESUS, THAT FELTED SO GOOD!
(Tennis court)
"What did you want to talk about again?"
"About um... you see umm..."
"Just spit it all out. If not then I'm gonna g-"
"I NEED YOU TO PRETEND TO BE MY BOYFRIEND!", I yelled talking as fast as I can. 
"Huh?"
"I NEED TO DATE YOU!!!!! (explains why) blah blah blah blah..."
"Ohhh!" It seems like he'll understand my situation. "But no. I can't do that."
"Oh come on it's not even that hard! Just pretend to be my boyfriend until I'm able to earn money from the scholar club and pay off all of my debts and then that's when we can announce that our relationship is over. Don't worry, I won't fall in love with you or do with you so don't be a chicken." To be honest, I do like him but I don't love him so I don't consider this as a love story or something that's crazy romantic .
"I mean, I guess but-"
"It's decided then!!!!!!!! Just pretend to be my boyfriend for 3 months."