Chapter 7

Nerd Mistakenly In Love

Bae Yunhwan's Point of View


Its Friday!!! OMG!!!! FINALLY!!!! THE DAY I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! YESSSSSSSS!
I was so happy to the point where I even forgot that Jihoon was waiting for me on the sofa listening to my excitement. 
"You have no idea why everybody love Friday so much, Jihoon. You're too much of a good a student to understand the real concept of school. But it's better if you don't know."
"...."
Anyways... the Scholar club's meeting will be switching their schedule to today instead of tomorrow because there was too much complaint about Saturday. So yeah, I hope that Jihoon will be willing to come to the meeting. Oh and btw... Junhee... that girl... She has her friends now. She just texted me last night. Ugh, so irritating to have fake friends. She haven't even listen to my perspective yet about the pictures of Jihoon and me that was taped everywhere on the wall in the hallway. Neither does she knows that we're just fake dating BECAUSE SHE NEVER GAVE ME A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN IT TO HER. 

(last night text)

Junhee: Hey.
Yunhwan: What's up??
Junhee: I need to talk to you about something
Yunhwan: So do I. I'll go first. 
Yunhwan: Jihoon and I are just fake dating each other. And you misunderstood us at the beginning because-(haven't send the message yet)
Junhee: No I'll go first.
Junhee: Let's not be friends anymore. I don't want to hang out with a person that dates the most popular guy in the school. 
Yunhwan: (erased other text) What do you mean?
Junhee: (seen but never replied back)

(Back to the morning)
So yeah I guess last night was our good bye. It's going to be quite awkward since we both go to the same school. 
"Are you ready yet???"
"Oh! Yes! Let's go."
Setting: School
Oh MY f'ing god!!! I forgot my lunch!!!!!!! AND I DIDN'T EVEN BRING MONEY WITH ME TO SCHOOL TODAY! UGH! And I'm starving as hell too! God... I feel like I won't be able survive the 1 hour break that we're having right now without food. 
"Here."
"Huh?"
"I've noticed that you forgot to bring your lunch box, right?", Jihoon continued. "So you can some of mine. It's nothing much though so don't expect all lot."
(Opens Jihoon's Lunch Box)
"OMG! What do you mean 'nothing much'? You have kimbap, fish cake, rice cake, omelet, sashimi, and etc.!!! How??"
"Well my mom's a great cook. Anyways, enjoy!"
"Thank you!!!"
As the day goes, nothing really happened. It's just a regular day like before when I haven't started dating Jihoon yet. But though, I did have to say that today was probably one of the most longest day in school ever. Especially when the Scholar club meeting was boring as hell. I felted like passing out in there. Anyways, you're probably wondering about what I'm doing right now. Nothing much. Just having Jihoon sending me home. We've just arrived at my apartment right now. 
But do you know what else happened? My landlord was waiting for me at my door. 
"Who's that?", asked Jihoon.
"J-just my auntie. Jihoon, let's go take a walk in the park first. Okay?"
"Who's our AUNTIE!?!", shouted the landlord. She must've heard what I said. "Yunhwan!! Where's my payment?! I've been waiting for so long already. Don't make me kick you out of-"
"Ma'm! I'll help her pay off her debts."
"No you can't-"
"$1,879 is her debts. Will you be able to pay it all for her.", asked the landlord cutting me off. 
"Yes, I can."
"But no! This is my debts, not his. Give us a second, ma'm."
I then dragged Jihoon far down into the other side of the hall and knocked on his head. 
"You can't pay her Jihoon. What difference does it make if you pay for my debts? Even if you pay off my debts to her, I'll still have to pay you back. Do you understand? And I started all of this problems myself. You have nothing to do with it." 
"The difference is that it's me. You owe me money instead of her. At least I won't have the ability to kick you out of your apartment like that grandma. And I have nothing to do with your personal problems? Does that mean that I should quit being your fake boyfriend then?!", Jihoon fired out angrily.
"No... it's just that... that..."
"That what? That I'm your fake boyfriend so I should just mind my own business? No, Yunhwan. I can't do that. Just let me do this for you okay?"
"Fine... since you really want to help then okay." *sighs*
(walks back to the landlord)
"Ma'am, I'll be paying for Yunhwan's debt today and right now to get it over with."
"Okay then. Like I said, it'll be 1,879 dollars. Sign this paper and pay up!"