Chapter 5

Nerd Mistakenly In Love

Bae Yunhwan's Point of View


"No! Yunhwan, I told you last night already. I won't allow you to go to school. You have to go to a doctor for a check up because of the incident yesterday.", Jihoon shouted fixing his messy hair while still trying to realize that he slept over at my house last night. 
"But Jihoon-"
"No but! I'll come back to check on you after school. Be safe." 
Ugh! BUUUUUUT I don't even know where or how to get a check up. I have never gone to the doctor or hospital before. That's because I have never actually gotten sick my whole life. Sounds unbelievable, right? But still! How can Jihoon just expect a high schooler like me to go to the doctor alone without any real adults. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me suffer. 
"It's okay! Bae Yunhwan, you can do this!!"
Settings: Clinic 
"How can I help sweetie?", asked one of the nurses sitting in the front. 
"Oh! Um... just for a check up."
"Come in right this way then!"
(After Tye Examines)
"Your wounds and cuts aren't that serious. I'll bandaid the specific ones and you can rinse the others with alcohol to keep it clean when you get home. Would you like a shot just to prevent any diseases or infections?"
In Yunhwan's Mind: NOOOOOOOO! HELL TO THE F NOOOOO!
"Sure...", I replied with a fake confidence. 
God I'm even more nervous than elementary kids. So embarrassing. 
Settings: Yunhwan's Apartment
I can't believe it took half of the day just to get a check up. I never even knew that Jihoon was waiting at my door for me as well. He should've at least called me or something.
(Walks to open the door)
"Yunhwan! You're finally home. I was going to stay after school to help the lunch ladies again but when I called you, you didn't answer so I got worried and rushed over. Since you weren't home yet, I decided to wait for you."
Jihoon was worried? About me?
"Sorry about that. The nurses told me to turn my phone off when it was time for the examining so that I wouldn't be distracted.. anyways, you hungry? I bought some sushi on the way home."
"Kk then. I'm hungry anyways by running all the way here for you."
Oh shoot! I'm right-handed but my hand feels so weak that I can't even move my fingers to use the chopsticks because of the shot that the nurses gave me. 
"Kk let's eat then!"
(Struggling to hold the chopstick)
"URGH... This is so hard to eat! Never mind, Jihoon, you can have all of my sushi. I'll just eat boiled eggs."
Right when I stand up from the floor, a hand gripped onto my wrist and pulled me back down. Like what?? 
"Whoa~", I dropped back down stumbling on my knees.
"I'll feed you then.", Jihoon smiled happily. 
"Huh?"
(Sticks sushi into Yunhwan's mouth)
"By the way, I quitted my job today."
"Why??"
"I can just earn money too in the scholar club.", Jihoon mumbled looking down. "Actually, you can say that I got fired. Just because I focused on school too much. But oh well... I guess I can't really help it."
"But Jihoon... why work when you're rich? When you have parents. When you have a perfect expensive home?"
I knew that I was being a little rude but still... this kind of question is perfect for people like him. He has to have a reason to work at a young age like this when he already have what he needs for his future. 
"No reasons... just wanted to help people around me. Because why not use your break time to help those who are around you. You may have a break but others don't. So to appreciate my free times, I work in jobs where I get to help the hardworking employees like help delivering the leftover mails or cleaning for the lunch ladies." 
"I see..." 
OMG!!! He's just too good! No wonder he was in my crush list since the beginning. I have always only care about his face but now... why do I feel like I love the kindness and caring quality of his. God, there are so much butterflies in my stomach right now.
"Jihoon..."
"Yes?"
"Feed me more sushi please..."