Choice

Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sometimes people choose to leave not because of selfish reasons but they know that things will get worse if they stay.”

 

 

 

 

“What is this, Mina?”

“What it is, baby?”

“What is this, Mina?! Tell me! What with all of this?!”

 

Pieces of pictures thrown all over the room. Mina set her eyes on one of the picture and lost her word.

 

“Myoui Mina! I’m asking you right now! What is this?!”

“Chaeyoung-ah… I… This is…”

“This is what, Mina? What?!”

“Chaeyoung-ah…” Mina trying to get hold on Chaeyoung but the younger keeping her distance from her.

“This is not you, right? Tell me this is not you… Please… answer me. Please…”

 

Mina trying to talk but there’s no voice come out. Her eyes trying to get hold onto Chaeyoung’s eyes. She wants to say that it was not her, it was someone else, but she can’t.

 

“I’m sorry…”

“What are you sorry for? Why? This is not you, right?”

“I’m sorry, Chaeyoung… What you saw in that picture is true…” Mina keep her head down. She cannot bear to watch Chaeyoung break down in front of her.

“You… You are lying, right?” Chaeyoung’s voice quivering, trying to convince herself that all of that was a lie. The distance she trying to keep already forgotten away as she’s holding tight on Mina’s arms.

Mina perplex as she looks at Chaeyoung and immediately look away, avoiding Chaeyoung’s gaze. Chaeyoung get Mina’s action and slowly retreat her hands.

“Why?” Chaeyoung can only ask her gaze wandering all over the place.

“You should go…” Mina gather her courage to say the words as she shut her eyes tightly.

“No! You’re lying… I know it. That’s not you!” Chaeyoung trying to get hold her feeling.

“It’s true. You really should go...”

“Mina…”

“Just go, Chaeyoung! Go!”

 

Chaeyoung has no more strength to fight nor say a word as she slowly turns around and walk to the door. Her steps seem very heavy as she stumbles down on the ground. Chaeyoung stand up effortlessly and keep walking down the road, not knowing where she heading to. Her knees injured and the blood flowing down her leg, but she cares no more as all she can feel is the pain in her heart.

 

 

 

The tears flow down on Mina’s face as she cannot hold it anymore. She run out from the house, trying to keep her sight on Chaeyoung but all she can do is put her hands on her own mouth, trying to suppress the crying’s sound as the tears flowing more heavily as she saw Chaeyoung fall to the ground. She wants to run faster toward Chaeyoung but the hold on her wrist keep her from doing it. Mina look at the person holding on her and all she gets is a shaking head.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter