CHAPTER TWO

If Only It Was Simple

 

 

Jihoon looked me straight in the eyes and did not say anything more than “Nice to meet you.” I looked at him back and put on a smile.

“Nice to meet you too”

Yes, it had been years since I last saw or talked to him, but how could he just forget about our friendship so easily? I really dont know. I mean I didn’t really change much. I still wear the same old hair style. My glasses frame were still the same shape. So how?

“Mea! Hello? Are you there?”, Uncle Jaejoong must have saw I was spacing out. “ I know meeting a kpop group is great in all, but we have work to do”

“I’m sorry, Uncle” I walked away from them not looking back at Jihoon. I had to get this out of my mind before I do something I regret.

Jihoon’s POV

“Ahhhhh, I really can’t tell what type of beat Soonyoung hyung wants in this song. I should go ask him”

I walked out of my music room to find Soonyoung hyung next to a girl. I didnt really pay much attention to the girl at first.

“Soonyoung hyung I need help with this beat you wanted in the song. Can you come here really quick?”

“Yeah I’m coming. Oh Jihoon meet Mea. She’s Jaejoong hyung’s new assistant”

The girl finally showed her face to me. She reminded me of a girl I was friends with in elementary school. I cant remember her name though.

“Hi nice to meet you, the name’s Jihoon” The girl looked a bit surprised at my jester to shake hands. She still smiled and said “Nice to meet you too”. Jaejoong hyung called her over and she left. I didn’t get her name at first since everyone was talking with each other.

 

Back to Mea’s POV

So uncle Jaejoong and I started working on the project.

“Mea, can you go get me some music sheets from the storage room. It should be the second door on the left by the staircase that we passed.”

“ Okay, uncle.” I started down the path to the storage room. As I was walking I dumped into someone, causing us to both drop our stuff.

“ I'm so sorry, here let me pick those up for you.”, said the man.

“ oh no. It's my fault I didn't see you coming. I'm sorry.” I looked up and saw it was S.coups

“I'm so sorry S.coups-sshi” I couldn't look him in the eyes because the embarrassment.

“ there's no need to be sorry. I guess it was both our faults. And by the way call me Seungcheol- oppa”.

I could feel my face turning red as if I just ate a spicy pepper. I think he could tell my face was red, because he gently handed me my things and looked the other way.

“ So what made you come here?”, he asked while giving me my phone.

“ Oh ummm I needed extra money for school. Uncle Jaejoong is my father’s close friend and he needed a new assistant since his old one give birth.”

“ Well I’m glad you’re here then. Oh where you lost by any chance? You look like you were looking for something.”

“ Yeah, kinda of. Ummm where’s the storage room? I’m suppose get music sheets to help uncle.”

“ HAHA, sorry for laughing but we’re actually in front of it.” he said, while opening the door.

“Ohhhh..... Thanks” I just walked in and got the music sheets.

To my surprise Seungcheol walked me to the room Uncle Jaejoong was in. From the corner of my eye, I saw him smiling. I didn’t know why, maybe I did something embarrassing. When we got to the music room Jihoon was there with Uncle. I stopped midway and froze for a second. I think Seungcheol noticed because he tapped me on my shoulder to snap me out of it. I looked at him and just gave an awkward smile.

“ Jihoon-ah, are we starting right now?”, asked Seungcheol.

“ In a few minutes, hyung”, answered Jihoon as he looked straight at me.

When I noticed his gaze throughs me, I looked away. I couldn’t handle looking at his face. My heart is still hurting; even though it has been years since he left. Jihoon must have noticed I was ignoring him, because he walked straight to my direction and asked if me to take his chair since there was very limited seats.

“Ummm, it’s okay. I can stand. Thank you though.”

The meeting lasted about an hour. They were talking about new songs for their next mini album and rewriting songs that needed to be fixed. I took notes on what they were saying and thinking, so in the future there are no confusions on the process. Thank god I had an interest instruments when I was younger or I would have been lost in the conversations. To be honest, I am not really going to a medical school because I want to. My father is a doctor and my mother is a nurse. So as you can see, I’m forced to follow their footsteps. My true passion is to help make music and one day actually do what my uncle Jaejoong is doing. That’s why I agreed to help him. I wanted to learn more on the process of making music. After the meeting, everyone decided to go get something to eat. Everyone wanted something filling, so we all decided to go go to a nearby barbeque place. As soon as we got out of the building, fans were waiting out. Cameras flashed and a crowd of girls began to squeal and shout for the members. The flashing made my eyes hurt and the screaming rang throughout my ear. I looked at Seungcheol and Jihoon; they both had smiles on their faces as if this type of thing didn’t faze them. I felt bad, but this is their job.

“Ajumma a table for 4 please”, shouted Uncle Jaejoong as if he’s been here before. “So, what do you guys want to eat. It’ll be my treat. Mea I know you eat a lot even though you are so tiny, so please pick out what you want.”

I looked at him with a glaring eye as if he said something wrong.

“I’m good with anything. Thank you uncle for pointing out that fact.” I said with a sarcastic tone. Seungcheol and Jihoon both chuckled underneath their breaths. So I glared at them too.

“Ahmm.” Jihoon let out. “I feel like I’ve seen you before. I just can’t point it out.”

I looked at him in whether to tell him or not. I debated in my head and decided to spill it out. I mean who could it hurt to tell the truth. Right?

“ Oh yeah. I use to live in Busan a couple years back. I actually hung out with you and your group of friends for a bit.”

“Wait.... what was your name again?”

“Mea. Galsing Mea”

“ Wait as in Mea. The shy girl Mea that worked in the convenience store near the school Mea?”, said Jihoon in a surprised tone.

“Um.. yes”

“ Oh my god! I haven’t heard from you in so long. Jongin(His friend in elementary) told me you moved after middle school. I didn’t know how to contact you.”

“Contact me?”, I said in a even more surprise tone.




 

Why did Jihoon want to contact Mea? Well you have to find out in the next chapter