CHAPTER 3

If Only It Was Simple

 

“You wanted to contact me?” I gave him a confused look from across the table. “Why?”

“To say thank you. You were part of the reason why I became an idol and when I heard you were not in Busan anymore, I was disappointed that I couldn’t tell you thank you.” He gave me smile and the world froze right there.

“Ahhhmmm.” Uncle let out a cough. “ Sorry to bother you both but the meat is already cooked. I thought you two would want to try some.”

I couldn’t get my head around what Jihoon said while we were eating. I’m part of the reason why he became an idol? What me? What did I do? I really don’t remember what I did to persuade him to become an idol. I couldn’t really focus on the food, because my head was wrapped around these questions. Dinner ended faster than I thought. We said our goodbyes. Jihoon and Seuncheol went their own ways and Uncle dropped me off to my house.

“ I didn’t know you knew Jihoon back in the day.”

“ Yeah, we were friends for a short time. I didn’t think he remembered me.”

“ Well, it seems you helped him a lot back then for him to say that to you. But word of advice, don’t fall for them okay.”

“ What do you mean by that?” I said with a confused and a bit annoyed tone.

“ Mea, they are kpop stars. Their fans will eat you alive if they find out. And this is your job.”

“ I mean I know that, but what makes you think I’ll fall for them?”

“ Mea, I saw your face. When you met him and when we were eating. I was obvious you have feelings for him. I’m only telling you this, because I care.”

“ I..... Uhhh yes I DID have feelings for him back when I knew him, but it does not mean I have them now. I just got embarrassed on seeing him again. I mean he left without saying a word to me. I’m over it. It’s already been years since I liked him.” I didn’t know what else to say to Uncle.

“ I know, Mea. But just please be careful. I’ll pick you up at 9 am tomorrow, okay” He gave me a hug goodbye and left.

I went up to my apartment. Do I still like him? Yeah, right. Right? I mean he was my past crush. There’s no way I’ll like him again. UGHHHHH I don’t know anymore. I’ve dated other guys before, but it always ended that our chemistry weren’t there. And did I really look like I liked him when I saw him. Forget it. There’s no way I will like him AGAIN. I should just focus on my work.

 

The next day: 9:45 am

We arrived at the Pladis building. I saw the rest of the members and they all looked like they were here all night.

“ Good morning” I bowed to them.

“ Mea! You’re here.” Seuncheol ran to me with a big smile on his face. “Everyone this Mea. She’s Jaejoong hyungs new assistant.”

“ Hi Mea nice to meet you!” everyone bowed to me and I did the same.

I was, yet again, starstruck by Seventeen. Seeing all the members at once made it so surreal. I thought I was dreaming. Uncle Jaejoong had important business to deal with Bumzu-sshi so he told me to just get to know everyone and the building.

“ So where are you from?”, asked Joshua.

“ Ummm I lived in a lot of places. I was born in the Philippines, but moved to America for a bit. Then I moved to Korea.”

“ Wow! So do you still speak English or Tagalog?” he asked in amazement.

“ Yeah I still speak English. I still see my family from the states every once in awhile.”

“ I didn’t know you lived in so many places.” Jihoon butted into our conversation.

“ UMm yeah. The only place I really remembered living in is Busan and here.”

Joshua had to leave with Jeonghan to get something from the store. And everyone else had to do their own thing, so I was stuck with Jihoon. There was tension in the air or was it just me. Maybe I’m over thinking this.

“ Mea. Are you okay? I get the feeling you don’t really want to be with me.” Jihoon said with a frown.

“ Oh no. Please don’t think that. I just... umm..... I  just can’t believe that I got to see you again and on top of that we are working together. I honestly thought you forgotten about me, since yesterday you said nice to meet you.”

 

Oh crap I’m rambling on again.

 

“ Oh that.... Well to me you look different. I mean you still look the same the more I look at you. But before you were always so shy and never talked much. So I didn’t expect you to look so......” He took a long pause in his speech. Then he continued “ so grown and beautiful.”

 

What did he just call me BEAUTIFUL? Am I hearing things?

“ ummm... thank you?” I tried not to blush but I could feel my face burning up. I looked down at the floor then looked at him. He was turning red.

“ Mea. Can you come over here?” demanded Uncle Jaejoong.

I said my goodbye to Jihoon while looking at the floor. I ran to my Uncle’s side. He was asking me to get him something at the drugstore.




 

Beautiful? What? How will Mea react to this? Find out in the next chapter!