Fuh

Shattered

The sounds of piano playing fill the room as Sehun focuses, humming along. He stops, only to flip the page of his notebook. This is a secret he kept from everyone; music composition. Not even Kyungsoo and Chanyeol knew about it. It's something he had picked up from his grandmother before her passing. She taught him everything he knew about the piano. Even writing music for it. And because of her, he hates electric ones.

"No," Sehun grabs his pencil, erasing some marks. "That doesn't sound right. "He bites his lip, pressing a few more keys. "Dun, dun..." He stops for a moment. "Dun."
"Finally, something cool about you."
Sehun jumps at the sudden voice, accidentally making smacking the keys ungratefully. He laughs nervously at Kai as he slowly closes the piano cover. "How long..."
"Long enough," Kai shrugs and walks in. "So you're a music fan?" When Sehun nods he smiles. He walks over to stand by his side, glancing down at the notebook. But when Sehun quickly closes it, he doesn't pry. He does, however, smile at the leather jacket Taemin had bought him.
"What're you even doing here? At my school?" Sehun asks as he gets up from the bench. 
"Kyungsoo told me where to find you," He admits. "We're having another cool lesson today."
Sehun shakes his head as he grabs his bag. "No, I have schoolwork."
Kai purses his lips, grabbing onto Sehun's bag as well, dropping it. "I don't think so, nerd."
"Um," Sehun laughs. "I do think so, actually. I have an exam coming up and-" He gasps when Kai kicks the backpack away, towards the corner. "Kai! I have textbooks in there!"
"Lame," Kai laughs as he shrugs off his jacket. "Sorry but you've had a stick up your all week and you NEED to relax."
"I AM relaxing," Sehun motions to the piano.
"Noo," he says slowly. He pulls a bag from his back and sets it down, pulling a speaker and an iPod out. "I want to show you how I relax. But to do that, I gotta teach you how to dance."
"How to dance?" Sehun purses his lips. "I don't dance."
"Sure you do." Kai turns on music, turning it down to not be so loud. "I wanna bring you to a club."
"I don't go to clubs."
Kai grabs the boy by the arm, pulling him to the center of the room. "You don't do anything. That's why you're a loser."
"I'm not-"
"You wanted to be cooler- I find this cool. Now shut up and follow my lead."
Sehun groans as Kai forces the boy to pull his jacket off and discard it to the side. He's not sure why he convinced himself asking Kai for help was a good idea. He stands awkwardly, waiting.
"Don't be so stiff, you know?" Kai bends his knees slightly and then stands back up to the beat. He watches carefully as Kai lets his arms sway as he bounces to the music a bit. "You can just do this if you really don't know what to do." He bends his arms and moves them up and down-keeping them about chest height. They flow easily as if he's down it many times before. Kai begins to nod to the music now; turning his head from side to side, down at the ground, and then up at the ceiling. all of it together actually looks...good. 
Sehun stares when he begins to roll his hips in a circle and then side to side. He switches between to two of them, smirking over at Sehun. 
And he's suddenly very, VERY aware of Kai's attractiveness. 

Kai moves his arms in a large circular motion through the air before making a 90-degree twirl. "See? Easy."
Easy? Kai expects him to be able to do that? And look good at the same time?
"I..uhh, can't do that," Sehun stands uncomfortably as Kai goes behind him.
"Nah, you can do this," Kai laughs. He gasps a little when Kai grabs his hips and begins to move him from side to side. "It's really easy when you get used to it."
Sehun laughs nervously, a warmth growing in his cheeks. He's not exactly uncomfortable at the closeness; just not used to it. Kai squeezes Sehun's hips.
"Stop that," Kai says.
"W-what? Do what?"
"You're all stiff and - you need to relax."
Sehun sighs and takes a step away. He crosses his arms. "I'm not sure I can do this, Kai."
"Dancing?"
"Yeah...This is...uncomfortable and new for me."
Kai stares at him for a moment before going over to the speaker and turns it off. "That's alright, Sehun." He chuckles. "We can do something else if you want."
Sehun nods shyly. "Yes, please...I'd like to stu-"
"No studying," Kai cuts him off as he sets his things back into his bag. "Come on, let's do something else. I'll buy you something to eat."
"Well..." Sehun pouts a little. "Maybe I'm not hungry."
"Then I'll buy you a milkshake. Everyones always hungry for those."
"Hmm..." Sehun looks at the setting sun. "I'm scared of the dark," He tests.
Kai shrugs on his leather jacket and winks. "I'll protect you."
Sehun blushes as he pulls his own jacket on, as well as his backpack. "I...I have to be home soon."
"Before midnight, right? No worries."
Sehun crosses his arms. "What's your motive?"
"No motive."
"No secret cool lessons?"
"Nope."
"None at all?"
"None at all."
Sehun eyes him suspiciously. "Why, then? If not for your weird lessons?"
"You know," Kai begins as he follows Sehun out and to the street. "I think we've been hanging around each other for a few weeks. Maybe we can hang out this time- just as..."
"As friends?"
Kai smiles. "Is that alright?"
Sehun fiddles with the strap of his backpack. He kicks at some weeds with his foot and thinks about it. "Well..alright. I guess that's alright."
"Cool. Chocolate milkshakes it is."
Sehun squints at him as he walks past Sehun, towards a local stall.
What's his motive?


"I don't know much about you," Sehun admits after sipping his drink. They walk along the boardwalk, the water turning black as soon as night falls.
"Really?" Kai hums. "Not surprised. I don't talk about myself. What...did you want to know?"
Sehun stops and sits on a nearby ledge. "Well...tell me about your parents?"
Kai sits next to him and shrugs. "Yeah, alright. They're divorced."
"Divorced?" Sehun asks and Kai nods.
"They got divorced when I was in high school."
Looking at his reflection in the dark water, he looks a bit confused. "B-but...why? Why'd they get a divorce?"
Kai shrugs. "Don't know. They just don't love each other anymore."
Sehun doesn't understand. How could he? His parents are happily married and he's never met anyone who had separated ones. Kyungsoo's father and mother are still happily married. His father works as a doctor and his mother is a teacher. Even Chanyeol's parents still loved each other, before his father succumbed to his cancer; he has to stay with his aunt due to his mother's drinking problem and rehab. He still brings her gifts and goes to see her.
And while Sehun feels pressure under the expectations of his parent's strict rule, he still loves them. 
"I don't get it..."Sehun finally says. When Kai looks at him in confusion, he lets out a sigh and sets his drink down. "My parents always told me that when you marry someone, you stick together through life."
"None of your friend's parents are divorced?"
"No. Chanyeol's dad died but they still loved each other."
"And Kyungsoo?"
"His parents too. Both alive and still married."
Kai actually laughs a little. "Damn. You're really sheltered, aren't you?"
"Kind of," Sehun admits. "My parents never knew about Luhan, though. They just thought he was my best friend."
"And...what happened after you two broke up?"
Sehun kicks at the water with his foot and shrugs. "I told them he was moving away and that's why I was crying." He catches Kai's eye in the reflection.
"They don't know you're gay, huh?" When Sehun shakes his head, Kai sighs. He leans back on his arms and stares up at the night sky. Sehun looks at him when he suddenly stands. "Come here."
"W-what?" He stands in confusion. He hesitantly takes Kai's hand when he extends it out.
"I know exactly what you need." Kai leads him further down the boardwalk, towards a higher ground. He lets go of his hand at the top and turns to him with a smile. "You have a lot of going on in your head." Sehun frowns. "You need to fix that so I want you to do something for me."
"What..?"
"Curse."
Sehun looks around and then at him with wide-eyes. "You want me to...curse?"
"Yep!" Kai steps up on the small ledge. "Right here, as loud as you can."
"R-right here? With you?"
Kai smirk at him. "I know...scandalous! What will people say?"Sehun groans and rolls his eyes as he continues. "There will be rumors! Sehun, on the boardwalk, cursing! It's almost too much for the world to bear."
"Okay, okay," Sehun crosses his arms tightly. "I get it." Kai motions out at the water. He gives him a pointed look and waits.
"F..." Sehun swallows hard. "Fuhhh..."
"Fuhh? Really?"
"I-I'm trying," Sehun mumbles. "It's hard!"
"It's not hard," Kai shrugs. "!" He smiles. "! ! !"
"That...that language is so-"
"Fun!"
"Barbaric."
Kai stretches out his arms, waiting again. "Go on."
Sehun lowers his gaze towards his feet. He plays with the strap on his leather jacket. He whispers, too low for Kai to hear.
"Didn't hear you."
"..." Sehun whispers, once again too low.
"Come on!" Kai shouts. "Let it out!"
Sehun his lips and glances around. "."
Kai puts his hands in the air. "!"
Sehun begins to smile now. He laughs weakly. "F-!"
"Yeah!" Kai laughs too. "Louder!"
Sehun shyly stands beside Kai on the edge. He raises his hands up as well. "!"
"Yeah!"
Sehun takes a deep breath, trying to find momentum. He thinks of Luhan and how he feels about him. How angry he made him-how hurt he is. He thinks of the words he screamed in his mind the day his heart broke. "! !" Sehun practically screams.
"Woo!" Kai claps loudly, making random noises. "That's what I'm sayin', baby! Sometimes, you just gotta let it all out." Sehun smiles widely at the bay in front of them. It did feel good. It feels really good. "Now do me another favor. Don't get emotional- just say the first thing that comes to your mind." When Sehun nods, he lets out a long sigh. "Yell, as loud as you want, how Luhan makes you feel. Go ahead."
Sehun stares at the sky. The first thing that comes to his mind. It's anger. He's angry. He hates him for what he did. "I-i hate him."
"You what?!"
"I hate him!" Sehun shouts. "I HATE HIM!" He steps back from the ledge and sits on a nearby bench, letting out a long sigh. Ka joins him and grins.
"Feels good, huh?"
Sehun kicks his heel. "Yeah, actually." He looks sheepish when he says this. It's the first time in a long time he's cursed and it honestly feels nice. "I'm not making it into a habit, though."
"That's alright." Kai pulls out a cigarette and lights one. "Just thought you needed a little relaxation. No offense but I don't like or trust that Luhan."
Sehun watches as the smoke rises up and into the wind. He sighs and leans back. "Me neither..." And he needs to remember that. What if he did leave Tao for Sehun? What's stopping him from cheating again? From Sehun not getting hurt. "Thanks, Kai..."

-----------------------

Sweet, little good boy Sehun ;w;

Kai doesn't want to corrupt him. He just wants Sehun to relax alittle~