Luhan

Shattered

"Taemin said you have a roommate?" Sehun says, watching as Kai unlocks the front door and opens it. He steps to the side and motions for Sehun to go in first. When they enter, a staircase greets them on the right and the living room on the left. a leather couch faces a wooden coffee table with a tv set on top of it. College textbooks are stacked beside the tv, dusty and forgotten.  Beside the living room is the kitchen, a dining table with four chairs set in between. 
"I do," Kai responds. "The place belongs to my parents but I'm renting it out with another guy."
"Are you two close?" Kai just shakes his head.
"Not really," He leads Sehun up the stairs and into a short hallway with only three doors. Loud music comes from the door on the immediate right. "He's back, I guess."
"Back?" Sehun looks at the door oddly. "From where?"
"He goes out of the country for weeks at a time sometimes," Kai explains. "He goes to China to visit his boyfriend, I guess. He's barely here but he still pays rent, so whatever."
"I see..." Sehun follows Kai to the left door, opening it up into his room. He gets a better look at his room now. 
At the far wall is a door leading to a balcony, with a black double bed pushed up against the far left corner; a nightstand beside it and a mirror above it. The only other things that decorate the room is a dresser, a black, leather couch, as well as one or two potted plants.
"I know Taemin already showed you but uh I don't hang out here much," Kai says, seeing the look on Sehun's face.
"I like it," Sehun admits. "It's actually clean."
"That...surprises you?"
"Kind of," Sehun laughs. "You...like plants?"
"Gifts from Tao's boyfriend," Kai shrugs. "They're...fake. He said my room was too empty."
"Sounds like someone I knew," Sehun scoffs. "He kept trying to hang paintings in my room."
When there's a knock on the door, Kai motions to the couch. "Make yourself comfortable. I guess you'll get to meet Tao." Sehun sits as he watches Kai open the door.
"How was China?"
"It was usual," The man says. Something about his voice was familiar but Sehun couldn't place it. "You have a friend over?"
"Yeah, you wanna meet him?" Kai steps to the side, letting Tao take a step in. As soon as Sehun sees him, he immediately stands.
"It's...it's you!" Sehun exclaims angrily.
"Huh?" Kai looks at Tao and then at Sehun. "You know each other?"
"H-he..." Sehun feels rage building as hatred fills his eyes. Anger becomes pain as quickly as the rage came. 
"Baby? What's going on?" Luhan walks in and grabs onto Tao's arm. As soon as he sees Sehun, he covers his mouth. "Oh my god!"
"Luhan..." Sehun clenches his fist. He takes a sharp inhale of breath, frozen in place. 
"Who is this, Lu?" Tao asks, not seeming to remember or even care. Kai takes a step back and curses.
"," Kai groans. "Luhan? THAT Luhan?" 
Luhan takes a step closer towards Sehun. "Hun..."
"Don't..." He says softly.
Kai looks at Tao, unsure what to do. "You two need a moment?" Tao asks and Luhan nods.
"Do you mind?"
His red-haired boyfriend shakes his head. "Don't worry,"
"If you need me, just shout, alright?" Kai says before walking with Tao downstairs and leaving the two of them alone.
"Sehuna," Luhan gets closer but stops when Sehun backs up. "I-I haven't seen you since that night..."
Sehun remains silent as he crosses his arms and turns away. 
"I thought you hated me."
"I do," Sehun says harshly.
"You don't mean that." Luhan gasps. "And we didn't even talk! You just...you stopped talking to me- you ignored me!"
"What was I supposed to do?!" Sehun snaps. "Wait while you finish up with that guy?!"
"Sehun, I-"
"No! It was so close to our anniversary, Luhan! Our anniversary!"
"I..I know! Look, you told me you'd be away for it!"
"Oh," Sehun scoffs. "That makes it okay to sleep with some guy!"
Luhan looks pained at that. "Tao isn't just some guy," he says. "He's my boyfriend, Hun."
"I was your boyfriend when you slept him. Not...HIM." Sehun sniffs and shifts his body, torn between wanting to get closer and getting further away. "Why..." He swallows hard. "Why did you do that to me?" Sehun asks, his voice breaking and his throat hurting. "I loved you, Lu."
Luhan goes quiet, not looking at Sehun anymore; neither speaking for several minutes. A knock on the door breaks it.
"Everything alright in there?" Kai asks and Sehun looks at Luhan with tears slightly blurring his vision. He slowly shakes his head.
"No," Sehun admits as he tries to ignore the lump in his throat. "No, it's not." When Kai comes in, he immediately looks at Sehun, noticing the defeated look on his face.

"I..I should go," Luhan whispers. "I'm sorry I don't have the..anwsers you're looking for, Hun." He avoids eye contact as he pushes past Kai. "I'm so sorry," He mumbles before running out of the room and into Tao's. Sehun stares at the door as he can feel his walls once again falter. A part of him wanted to run after Luhan. Beg to love him again, leave Tao and come back. His feet disagreed. Kai closes the door and locks it before turning his attention back to his friend.

"Sehun?" Sehun slowly sits on Kai's bed, on the verge of tears. However, once that first tear broke free, the rest follows in an unbroken stream. Sehun bends forward, pressing his forehead against his own knees. He covers face with his hands, loudly letting out a year of pain kept deep inside. Kai looks around uncomfortably as he thinks what to do- he begins to pace when he decides to sit beside his crying new friend. He lifts his hand hesitantly, unsure what to do. He finally lets out a sigh and pats him awkwardly on the back.
"Come on, man," Kai sighs. "Don't cry, alright? That...That guy isn't worth it." He motions to the door. "That kid is an idiot, okay? I don't even know what you see in him."
"Y-you're just trying to make me..feel better," Sehun sobs.
"I mean, yeah," Kai agrees. "But I still don't see anything so special about him.
"He doesn't seem to be the smartest kid on the block and anyone who cheats is no-good, anyway," He continues. "And what's with his taste of men? Tao is a serious trouble-maker, more so than me!" When Sehun's crying doesn't stop, he goes on. "To cheat on you with him? That's..." Kai looks down at Sehun and stares as he becomes more and more of a mess. Something inside starts to boil. He begins to wonder why anyone would ever do that to this boy. Sehun might not be a punk or 'cool' but he's sweet, kind; and from the stories, he's heard, incredibly loyal.  "That's ing crazy...."

Kai slowly pulls his arm out from under Sehun as he sleeps, dry tears running down his face. He makes his way to the door and glances over at him again before silently slipping out. Almost at the same time, Luhan slips from Tao's room. 
"H-hey...Sehun still here?"
Kai narrows his eyes and stands protectively in front of his room. "Uh huh."
"O-oh," Luhan breaths. "You um...must think horribly of me."
"Well, I just spent almost two hours calming him down. He only stopped crying when he fell asleep."
Luhan looks down at his feet with a look of guilt across his face. Kai leans against the door and watches him carefully. 
"You were waiting for me to leave," Kai sighs. "Weren't you?" 
Luhan slowly nods. "I just wanted to talk to him."
"Not sure that's a good idea."
"Why not?"
Kai gives him a pointed look. "Really? You don't know?"
"No...I know I hurt him-"
"Hurt him?" Kai interrupts with a scoff. "You tore his world apart, Luhan." 
"I know- then help me," Luhan begs. "Help me make it right and earn him back."
"Earn him back?" Kai stands up straight. "You want him BACK?"
"O-of course! I love him, Kai."
"Funny way of showing it. What's Tao think of that?"
Luhan narrows his eyes as well. "Just..please help me?"
Kai stands there for a moment as he thinks about it; about Sehun's red eyes, tear-stained face. What if Sehun has to go through that again? Who is to say Luhan won't hurt him again? He didn't know the kid for very long but he instantly felt protective.
"No," Kai shakes his head. "I'm not helping you hurt him."
"B-but, you're close to him!"
"We only met a few weeks ago." Kai sighs.
"But, Kai-"
"I said no!" Kai snaps, causing Luhan to flinch. "I won't hurt him, got it?" Luhan stares at him for a  moment before sighing and walking off down the stairs. "I'll do it myself then." 

Kai closes his eyes when he hears the front door slam. He takes a deep breath and pulls out his phone, scrolling down to a contact and hitting call.
"Yeah, it's me...I need your help."

------------

Wahta jerk e_e