Date

Shattered

"Are you going out with your friends again tonight, Sehun?" His mother asks as they sit at the dinner table. Sehun anticipates for dinner to be over, rushing any conversations that come up.
"Of course," Sehun lies. He glances at the clock. Six fifty-nine. Sehun bites his lip nervously, peeking at his phone from under the table. He knows his parents are talking but he doesn't really listen. Something about another girl to possibly hook him up with. When the door rings, they look confused. Before Sehun could answer it, his mother is already up and at the door. He looks down at his fitted, white henley shirt and jeans. Even if he wants to look good, he isn't about to give up being comfortable. Were converse a wrong choice?

"Oh! Jongin!" Sehun's mother laughs as she steps to the side, letting him in. "I expected Kyungoo and Chanyeol but you're a welcome face."
"You're too kind, Mrs. Oh," Kai chuckles as he steps in. He looks over at Sehun and smiles. 
"Hello!" Sehun greets. "Let me clean up before I go." He gets up and grabs his plate but his mother stops him.
"No need, Hun! Go grab your hoodie, it's cold out tonight," His mother says, sitting down at her own food to finish. "Will you be meeting up with your other friends?"
"Oh, no," Sehun smiles. It's fake. "Just us two! Don't worry, mother, I'll be okay!"
"You're making new friends?" his father claps his hands. "Good! Our Sehun has always been a bit of a loner. It's any wonder he met Kyungsoo and Chanyeol!"
"Oh my god," Sehun whispers as he turns, reaching for his coat. He stops as he's about to grab his regular, old hoodie. It's the jacket his parents always see him in and actually prefer. They got kind of weird when they saw the other one. But the hoodie didn't...feel right. He grabs both and balls his leather jacket under his hoodie. Kai notices, his parents do not; too busy praising him for his future, totally not fake law degree.
"Time to go!" Sehun announces. Kai smiles at the two chatty parents before taking his place beside Sehun.
"Let's have dinner sometime, Jongin," Sehun's mother suggests. "You can come over here and we'll cook."
Kai gives his best, fake laugh. "Good idea! Remind me to dress better next time!"
"Nonsense!"
Sehun groans and practically drags Kai out of the house. Kai keeps his act up all the way down the driveway and even before they get into the car. 
"The only reason my parents love you," Sehun begins to say, buckling himself in. "Is because they think we're going out as friends."
Kai shrugs as he lights a cigarette. He watches Sehun pulls the jacket out from the hoodie and puts it on. He tosses the hoodie in the back. "You uh...you're a completely different person in front of them."
"Yep." Sehun leans back, putting his feet up on the dashboard. 
"You even have to hide what you wear."
Sehun looks at him and raises his brows. "And...?"
"You don't think that's...bad? It seems pretty restricting."
"Kai, they don't even know about Luhan," He shakes his head. "They can't even begin to fathom the pain I suffered with him because I told them he left for a scholarship."
"That doesn't bug you?" 
"I'm used to it."
"You shouldn't be."
Sehun gives Kai a strange look. "And you tell your parents everything?"
"No, but they know who I am-I don't hide myself from them," Kai glances over at Sehun, smirking a bit. "Not even who I date."
Sehun blushes and looks out the window. "They don't...care?"
"Not really," Kai responds. "Whenever my mom asks me about my love life, I ask about hers; usually shuts her up."
"And your father?"
"He knows if I ever fall in love, I'll tell him."
"Even..." Sehun looks down at his own hands. "If it were with a boy?"
"Considering I don't date women, probably," Kai laughs. "Dad doesn't care. He just doesn't want me ending up with someone like mom."
Sehun is only realizing now how much of a mystery Kai really is. He barely knew anything about his family or friends. "How'd you meet Taemin?"
"Childhood best friends, naturally," Kai says as he stops the car. "Hungry?"
"Famished."
"But you just ate."
"...Famished."
"I guess you like food," Kai laughs as he exits and heads over to the passenger side. Sehun looks at him oddly when he opens the door for him. He slowly gets out as well, squinting at him. "Well," Sehun thinks. "That's new."
"What?" Kai looks down at himself. "What'd I do?"
Sehun just smiles. "Nothing. Can we watch horror?"
"Nope, too scary."
"You're kidding."
Kai laughs as they approach the menu. "What do you-"
"Nachos!"
Kai crosses his arms and raises a brow. "Nachos?"
"Extra cheese!"
"You're kind of childish sometimes, huh?" Kai asks with another laugh, pulling his wallet out. Sehun pouts at that. Kyungsoo says the exact same thing. He'd have to be honest, though. It felt strange to have someone automatically pull out their wallet. When he was with Luhan, he'd pay for everything. And he means everything. Sure, it helps that his parents are rich but it didn't exactly feel fair. 
"Which movie you want?" Kai asks, forcing him back from his thoughts. "Which horror?"
"Weird," Sehun snorts as he looks down at the machine. "I thought the big badass punk was scared."
Kai tosses an arm over Sehun's shoulder and sighs. "I'm a bad influence on you. You're cussing now."
"Sorry, dad," Sehun tries not to sound nervous at the sudden closeness.
"We're on a date. So I'm pretty sure it's "daddy"."
"Okay, that's disgusting."
"You started it, pretty boy."
Sehun holds his ticket up to Kai's face, glaring up at him. "I hope you scream like a girl and piss your stupid leather pants."
"Sound like fighting words, Oh."
"I'd win."
"Yeah," Kai sighs. "Probably."

Sehun ate his words. He screamed like a girl and almost pissed his pants. He clung to Kai's arm as if he were a high school girl. And to think he always laughed at the people who got scared in the cliche romance movies it's not that scary!
"You think you'll be okay?" Kai laughs as they walk up his driveway. Sehun crosses his arms and grumbles. Sehun keeps pouting even as Kai begins to unlock his door and they step inside. "Ah, don't worry, I think it's cute."
"C-cute?" Sehun's cheeks turn red but he still continues to pout. He looks up when the sound of music plays from upstairs. "Huh? I thought Tao is out of tow-" He frowns. "Oh..."
Kai shakes his head. He grabs Sehun's hand and slowly, quietly, leads him up the stairs. He cringes when one of them makes a particularly loud squeak. He sighs when the music turns off suddenly. Kai glances back at Sehun before bringing him up the stairs and to his room. As soon as he hear's Tao's door open, Kai pushes Sehun in and closes his own door.
"Kai?" Luhan asks. "I'm sorry, is it's fine that I'm here while Tao's gone?"
 "Yep, not a problem," Kai responds. 
"Alright. I'm sorry, do have company over?"
Kai raises a brow at Sehun, silently asking. When Sehun sigh and slowly nods, Kai frowns. "It's just Sehun."
"O-oh..." Luhan is quiet for a moment. "Can we talk, Sehun?"
Sehun swallows, sitting down on Kai's bed. He just shakes his head and looks away.
"Ah, no, sorry. He's asleep."
"I-in...in your bed?"
"Yep," Kai shrugs when Sehun raises his brows. He seems to stop and think before responding again. "We just got back from a date."
"A date?!" Luhan gasps. There's more sudden silence. Kai purses his lips when the sound if Tao's door slams. He locks the door before joining Sehun.
"Should I not have said that?" Kai whispers.
Sehun smiles weakly and shrugs. "Why not? It's the truth."
"Yeah, but..."
"No buts. I don't belong to Luhan."
Kai lays on his back. "Did you at least have fun?"
Sehun smiles, laying on his side, facing Kai. "I did...thanks."
"And don't worry," He winks. "I won't tell your friends you screamed like a girl and almost pissed your pants."
"You're as bad as Chanyeol and Kyungsoo..." Sehun shakes his head, glancing over at the door when the music resumes- louder this time. Why was he so mad? After Sehun yelled at him, he figured Luahn would give up. Was he still trying something? He frowns and shakes his head.
He wants to think about Kai and only Kai right now.  He owes it to both himself and Kai to just forget about him.
"You alright?"
"No," Sehun thinks but he just slowly nods. "Can..." He sighs. "Can you do what you did at the bonfire?"
"Dance around drunk?"
"No..."
Kai stares at him for a moment before just smiling and scooting closer. He wraps his arms around Sehun and pulls him closer. Sehun buries his face in his chest; the same warmth from last time, at the fire. Keeping him safe Luhan's cold wind. Something inside of him sparks, causing him to open his eyes. He hesitantly brings his hands up, grabbing onto Kai's shirt; clinging like a lifeline. 
"I'm glad you're here, Sehun."
Sehun closes his eyes again and slowly smiles. The warmth threatens to put him asleep. "Me too, Kai," Sehun sighs. "Me too."
-----------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter!
I just want the boy to be happy >_>