Finale part 2

Shattered

Sehun sets down a box in one of the rooms Kyungsoo had offered him. He looks up as his friend enters, some of his friend's things in his arm. "Are you sure this is alright, Kyungsoo?"

"Of course," Kyungsoo smiles as he hands the boy a box. "I can't let one of my close friends be homeless. Plus, my parents are never home and they said it was okay."

He sighs and sits on bed Kyungsoo had boughten him a few days prior. His parents only let him take all the things that he had boughten himself; which is fine for him, he didn't care for the other stuff anyway. "Thanks for this. I want to move into the dorms when I start college anyway."

"Me too," Chanyeol says as he enters the room, followed by his new boyfriend, Baekhyun. "Maybe all three of us can get a dorm room together!"

"Right," Kyungsoo snorts. "And be roomed with your messy ."

"Messy?!"

Sehun smiles as he watches the two of them go back and forth. He gets up and goes to the open window, crossing his arm at the two figures down at the street. Taemin doesn't look too happy but Kai seems to be talking to him.  Maybe he's calming him down since Taemin seems pretty pissed off.

"It's not fair!" Taemin shouts and Kai shrugs.

"True but there isn't anything we can do," Kai says as he hands Taemin a bag. 

"I should go over there and beat-"

"Try not to break my stuff during your fit, Tae!" Sehun yells out, causing the blonde punk to pout. 

"But Sehun!" He whines.

Sehun smiles at him before shutting the window and taking a step back. He knows it's unfair but Kai is right; there's nothing he can do about it. Unless he were to break up with his boyfriend and act as if he were someone else. As if he never even met Kai or Taemin. That's not him and it's never been him. It's sad that he had to meet these boys in order to realize that. He might not have ever changed if not for them. A mindless, perfect son; going along with everything his parents one. Dating women, possibly marrying them. Settling down with kids. The thought made him sick. 

"Look," Chanyeol hums happily. "Look how big your new closet is!"

"It's not that big," Kyungsoo mumbles as he crosses his arms. "It's only slightly bigger than Sehun's last closet- the reason it seems bigger is because it's empty."

"What? How do you know?"

Kyungsoo scoffs as he begins to unpack, even though Sehun told him not to. "I measured both of the closets before helping furnish BOTH rooms; obviously."

Sehun shakes his head before leaving the room and passing a grumbling Taemin. He gives the punk a pat on the back before heading down the stairs, towards Kyungsoo's dad's car; it might as well be Kyungsoo's, since his father never uses it. "Kai," Sehun calls out to him. His boyfriend pulls another bag from the trunk.

"Look," Kai wiggles his eyebrows. "Sehun's naughty underwear!" Sehun blushes and snatches the bag from him, clenching it close to his chest. "Aw, come on," He smiles lazily as he leans against the car. "I've seen more than your underwear by now."

"S-shut up," He says shyly.

Kai goes to him and rubs Sehun's shoulders, smiling down at him. "How are you?"

Sehun lets out an exasperated sigh. "Not great," He admits. He feels defeated, abandoned, scared. He knew his parents would react badly, but he had hoped they'd have been more supportive.

"Well..." Kai pulls a ticket out of his pocket and shows it to him. 
"This will cheer you up."

Sehun grabs the ticket and squints at it. "China?" He raises a brow. "Why the hell would I want to go to China?"

Kai grabs it back and shrugs. "It's not for you, it's for Luhan."

Sehun crosses his arms, giving his boyfriend a pointed look. "I don't follow."

"I'm giving this to him," Kai begins to explain. "So he'll take it as a sign that he's not welcome around my place anymore."

"What?" Sehun scoffs. "But Tao lives there."

"No," He grabs the bag from Sehun and leads him back into the house. "Not anymore."

"What?" Sehun repeats, quickly following Kai. He keeps staring at him as they walk up the stairs and enter his new bedroom. 

"I'm kicking Tao and Luhan out."

"So, you have a room open for rent?" Baekhyun asks, seeming hopeful. Kai looks at him oddly and he shrugs. "What? I'm looking for a new place..."

"That's fine," Kai shrugs again before tossing Sehun's underwear on the bed.  "Just pay rent."

"Hear that, giant? We have a new place to make out!" Baekhyun slaps Chanyeol's , giggling when the tall man blushes wildly. Sehun sits beside Kai on the bed and smiles weakly.

"Alright, out we all go. Let Sehun settle in," Kyungsoo waves Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Taemin out of the room. "Sehun, my room is at the very end of the hall if you need me."

"I know where your room is, Soo."

"I'm just making sure. What if you got amnesia?" Kyungsoo shrugs before shutting the door behind him. Sehun stares at after him with raised eyebrows.

"Amnesia? From what? Sitting here?" He huffs before laying on his back. Kai joins him moments later, immediately grabbing his hand. He lets out a long breath as he closes his eyes. "Kai? Why did...you kick Tao and Luhan out?"

Kai remains silent for a few moments before finally speaking up. "If we're together now, I don't...want things to be awkward when you come over," He mutters. "I can't help but feel you chose Kyungsoo's place over mine because of that."

Sehun opens his eyes and flips onto his side, looking at Kai. He chuckles and shakes his head. "No, that's not why. I would...force myself to get over it." He holds Kai's hand up and looks at it. "I chose Kyungsoo because...don't you think it's too soon to move in together?"

"Why would it be?"

"We've only been dating a month or so," Sehun points out. "It's a bit soon."

Kai purses his lips in thoughts before turning to face Sehun as well. "Yeah, that's true."

"Plus, I want to move into the dorms."

"Ugh- dorms." Sehun shakes his head before resting his forehead on Kai's chest. He closes his eyes and sighs when he wraps his arm around Sehun; suddenly tired. "I'm sorry, Sehun."

"Why?"

Kai's grip tightens. "Your parents."

Sehun swallows hard as he fiddles with Kai's shirt. He slowly shakes his head. "I-it's not your fault."

"It kind of is," Kai laughs dryly. "Before you met me, you had a pretty good relationship with your parents. Things were pretty...simple, for you."

"Simple?" Sehun huffs. "Maybe...maybe not. Maybe It felt simple but I don't think it actually was." Sehun opens his eyes again. "I think I just wanted it to be."

"Well," Kai pulls away and stands up. Sehun groans as he grabs the boy's hands and forces him up as well. "Simple or not, maybe you should start unpacking so we can go out for celebratory drinks- I'm going to show you my favorite bar."

Sehun frowns. "I'm not old enough to go into  a bar."

"Fear not, cutie," Kai chuckles as he pulls something from the inside of his jacket. "Taemin hooked you up with a fake ID."

Sehun stares at it in disbelief. "W-what?!"

"Yeah," He pulls out two other ones. "We got some for Yeol and Soo as well," He waves them in front of the boy's face, laughing when he snatches them. "I'm going to have fun getting you drunk."

Sehun blushes and pushes his shoulder before kneeling beside a box. "S-Shut up and start unpacking!"

Kai laughs again. "Yes, sir."