Finale part 1

Shattered

Silence fills the room as Sehun sits across his parents. They sip their tea in confusion, unsure what was going on. As soon as the door rings, Sehun stands up and smiles at his mother. "I'll get it," He says before heading over. He opens the door and step to the side, without even seeing who it is; he already knows. Kai goes to shrug his leather jacket off but Sehun stops him.

"No," He shakes his head. "It's better if they see you like this."

Kai looks at him oddly, slowly setting his hands back to his side. "Oh...kay?" Sehun hasn't told any of them what was going on, not even Kai. He, of course, told Taemin; forcing the man to promise to keep his mouth shut. 

"Sehun, what is-" Sehun's mother stops and smiles at Kai. "Jongin, Hello!"

"Actually..." Sehun takes a deep breath, sitting down on the couch. "He...goes by Kai," He admits. "Jongin is his real name, though."

"Oh," She sits back down. "Strange name but that's alright. Do you want some tea?"

"That'd...be nice," Kai says nervously, glancing at Sehun. Sehun just smiles at him, silently sipping his own drink as his mother fills a cup for him. 

"So, Sehun..." His father says. "You wanted us all here? To...tell us something?"

"It is about Luhan?" His mother asks and Sehun shakes his head.

"I'm done with Luhan, mother," Sehun says. "What he did was...unacceptable. And he shouldn't have told you guys that way." His parents slowly nod, as if agreeing. Regardless, they seem uncomfortable. He swallows hard before sitting up straight. "Mom, dad..." He sighs. "It's true that I'm gay a-and I have been for a long time..."

"Ah..." Sehun's mother sighs. "We knew what we heard b-but..."

Sehun smiles sadly, fiddling with his hands. "I um..." he nods. "Kai...isn't just my friend," He says truthfully. "When he came to dinner that night he was but..." He looks over at Kai, relaxing at his reassuring expression. "He's my boyfriend now."

Sehun's mother sets her cup of tea down and cough. She seems to fix her dress before sitting up straight. Sehun can already tell she's unsure what to say. "B-but...he really is helping me."

"And I really am going to college," Kai chimes in. "Sehun even chose a college already."

"Really?" Sehun's father asks, seemingly happy at that. "You've decided on a major?"

Sehun raises his brows, a bit taken aback. He hadn't really chosen which college he wanted, but he already knew what he'd go for. "U-um..." He laughs nervously. "Music..."

"Music!" His mother exclaims, clapping her hands. Sehun jumps a bit at the sudden noise. "I knew it, Sehun. You always have been so talented."

"Yes," His father agrees. "But...Sehun, when...when  did you...come out?"

"Come out?" Sehun furrows his brows. "Oh!" He laughs nervously when his father gives him a pointed look. "Um...before I dated Luhan. Luhan...actually is the one who made me realize..."

"I see," His mother sighs. "So Luhan was your only...boyfriend. Before Kai..."

"Right..."

They all remain silent, seeming to think. Sehun starts to get even more nervous. He was expecting them to just start yelling, kick him out of the house. Force him to move his things out. He talked to Kyungsoo about this, and he had agreed to let Sehun stay with him in case. Kai also offered a place, so he wasn't worried. But still...one of the worst things in his mind is someone parents not being accepting; completely denying his very presences or how he is. Of course, when he asked Kai for help, he knew something would change. But he never knew it'd be like this.

"Sehun..." His mother finally sighs, standing up. "I think..." she looks at his father. "I think we need time to think some more."

"Okay..." Sehun says slowly. "B-but..."

"We think it'd be best if...if..."

Sehun's father stands as well. "We think it'd be best if you moved out after graduation."

Sehun widens his eyes, his stomach dropping. "G-graduation is in a few weeks!" He gasps.

"Sehun, don't..." She sighs. "We didn't really believe Luhan when he first told us. And even if we did..."

"You didn't have a boyfriend," Sehun's father says with a sigh. "We could have dealt with that, maybe...convince you it isn't really...you."

Sehun stares at them in shock, his chest beginning to tighten. He swallows a lump in his throat. "But...but this...this IS me." He holds on the bottom of his sweater tightly. "All of this is me..."

"But what if this is only a phase, Sehun?" His father asks. "What if you're just confused?"

Sehun slowly shakes his head. "No, I'm not confused." He says. "This..." he motions to the sweater vest he wore. "THIS isn't me."

"Sehun-"

"Can you really not...accept me?" Sehun asks. "Do-do I have to date girls for you to love me? Wear these..." He takes a deep breath before he pulls the shirt off and throws it to the side. "These ing shirts!" Sehun's mother gasps and takes a step back, grabbing onto the chair to keep herself balanced. His father seems just as speechless. "You know what?" Sehun messes up his hair and pulls his glasses off. "None of this is me. And if I'm coming clean, I want you guys to know about all of it."

"All...of it?"

"Two weeks ago, I went to a party! I wore tight leather pants, big combat boots, and a leather jacket!" Sehun admits. "I even let my friend do my makeup!" Sehun's mother covers . "I wore...eyeliner!"

"Stop it," Sehun's father says.

"And a choker!"

"Sehun!"

"I even tried beer!" Sehun smiles wide. "I tried my first can of beer and it was ing gross!"

Sehun's father slams his hand down against the table, causing his mother to flinch. "Enough!" His face is red with anger, his hands slightly trembling. "No son of mine will have that language, appearance, OR behavior! You break up with Kai right now, throw out any filthy clothing he or his friend bought you, and you have to START behaving!"

Sehun stares at him, not once faltering. A while ago he would have backed down and done as he's told. Break up with Kai and return to his old lifestyle; completely cut ties with Kai and Taemin. But no. Kai made him realize that wasn't Sehun. It's the piece inside of him that has been missing, something he's been longing for a long time. Kai. That's what he's been missing.

"No," Sehun slowly shakes his head."

"No?"

"No," Sehun repeats. "If you..guys won't accept me for the real me, I don't want to be here." He grabs the shirt he tossed and rounds the table, past his parents. He ignores when his mother calls after him. He walks calmly up the stairs, and into his room. His plain, boring room. A room his parents furnished for him. A place he once thought was his stupid sanctuary. He stares, anger boiling. He knew they'd react this way. He knew but...deep down he hoped they'd... "Idiot," Sehun sniffs as he grabs a bag, beginning to stuff it with some of his things. "Of course they'd never accept you." His vision begins to become blurred as he starts to cry. He cries hard, with short, ragged breaths. His parents. His OWN ing parents. He stands up straight and rubs his eyes as he tries to stop. He zips his bag up and shrugs it over his shoulder. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo can come over later and pack the rest of his stuff up. He isn't sure where he'd stay but he knows he wants to leave. 

Sehun hurries down the stairs, stopping only to briefly glance at his parents. They don't even look at him. He begins to tear up again before pushing the front door open and heading down the driveway. Kai doesn't hesitate to come up and wrap his arms around him. "You're okay," Kai says as Sehun continues to cry. "You can stay with me. It's fine." That isn't the point. Sehun shouldn't have to need a place to stay- his parents should ACCEPT him already. Exactly the way he wants to be and how he is. 

"Why can't they just..." Sehun takes a step back. "Why can't they just accept me?"

Kai rubs Sehun's shoulders, seeming to glance at one of the windows. "Give them time, Hun," He says as he leads him towards his motorcycle. "Give them time."