Babe

Shattered

Sehun sighs at his grey cardigan and black jeans. He glances at the door as soon as the front door rings. He strains his ear to hear.
"Jongin!" His mother greets. "We're so glad you could make it!" He smiles and looks back at himself in the mirror. But it makes him frowns.
"This isn't me," Sehun thinks. He pulls it off before going over to his closest and grabbing the black and white striped shirt Taemin had bought him. He messes his hair up a bit before heading down the stairs. His father sighs at him.
"Sehun, what shirt is that?" he asks. "And what happened to your hair?"
"W-well..."
"Nevermind. It's too late to change now. Both of your friends are here."
"What?" Sehun frowns. "Both of my..." he becomes sick when he notices Luhan sitting at the table, across Jongin. "What's he?"
"Oh, Sehun!" His mother smiles. "I found out Luhan was back in town and invited him over!" Sehun looks a the two empty seats. One beside Luhan, another beside Kai. He chose the one next to Kai.
 "Oh..." Sehun forces a smile. "I-it's nice to see you, Luhan." He huffs quietly when he notices all of Luhan's make-up and any leather is gone; his grungy t-shirt replaced by a sweater vest, not even one bracelet or necklace in sight.  Sehun smiles at Kai's own fashion, barely even changing. Aside from the collar-up shirt, which is slightly ed, and tight black slacks. Instead of his regular combat boots, he instead has on black, sleek, oxford shoes. He looked like he was dressed as a...well, college kid. 
"You know, this is just the biggest coincidence," Kai smiles. It's fake.
"Oh, really?" Sehun's mother raises a brow. "How so?"
"Funny story. I'm actually living with Luhan's...close friend."
"Wow," She laughs. "How wonderful!"
 Kai stares at Luhan as if testing him. "I think so too."
"So, how did Jongin and you meet? Sehun?" Luhan asks, now putting up his own test. 
"I met him when-"
'I saw his ad online," Kai cuts in with another lie. Their parents look at Sehun oddly.
"Ad?"
"You don't know?" Kai looks at Sehun. "Well, that's Sehun for you. Modest!"
His mother chuckles and nods. "Sweet Sehun. That sounds just like him."
"What was the ad for?" Luhan fiddles with his food.
"...A tutor," Sehun lies. "I...was having a hard time finding which college I wanted to go to." Which is the truth. "Jongin, being in college, agreed to help me."
"Yeah?" Luhan glances at Kai. "In return for money?"
"Charge-free," Kai chuckles. This was, technically, the truth. Kai IS helping Sehun just not with College. "I'm a er for helping with education."
"You see, Luhan, Jongin is doing for a law degree!"
"Oh really?"
"If you ever need a lawyer in the future," Kai meets his gaze. "You know who to call."
"Wow..." Sehun's father sighs. "What confidence!"
"Right?" His mother agrees. "I'm impressed, Sehuna. You're hanging out with such good company!"
Sehun smiles at Kai. Finally, they agree on something. He slowly begins to relax when he feels Kai gently squeeze his leg from under the table. 
"Luhan. Sehun tells us you went back to China for school!"
Sehun curses at himself. He kind of...lied about that.
"He did?" Luhan smiles tightly at Sehun. "I see." Sehun looks down at his steak, that knot in his throat again.  Luhan knows he never told his parents about them, so why is he surprised?
"How'd it go?" His father asks. "What're you going to school for?"
"Music," He says easily. Sehun frowns. Luhan knows his parents love music.
"I knew it," Sehun's mother nods. "You were always so talented, Luhan. Now that you're back, maybe you can tutor Sehun in piano."
"I'd love to," Luhan smiles.
"Actually," Kai puts his napkin down. "I know music as well."
"Wow," Luhan hums. "What do you play?"
"Piano..."
Sehun glances over at Kai, KNOWING he's lying.
"Convenient." Luhan and Kai glare at each other.
"Very convenient! Now Sehun has TWO teachers!" His father claps his hand. "Excellent!"
"My piano skills are fine, I don't need a tutor..." Sehun says softly.
"There's always room for progress, Sehun," His mother speaks up. "We think it's wonderful."
"I can tutor him," Luhan begins to say but Kai cuts him off.
"Actually, I can. I'm already helping him with college, right? It's two birds with one stone!" Kai looks over at Sehun and raises his brows. "We can...have piano lessons, right?"
Sehun almost wants to laugh at the desperation in his voice. Who's going to teach who? "I'd like that," Sehun says, truthfully. He slowly gets up from the table. "Excuse me, I need to use the restroom," He mumbles before heading into the bathroom. He lets out a long sigh before splashing his face with cold water. He sighs and checks his phone when it beeps.

Kai: sorry...am i being too much?

Sehun smiles fondly. He appreciates what Kai is doing, honestly.

Sehun: no keep it up plz

Sehun: make my parents love you

Kai: easy!

Sehun laughs and rolls his eyes before going back out. He slowly sits back down, noticing the sudden tension, He looks around at everyone oddly.
"What happened?"
Sehun's parents glance at each other, sharing a silent conversation.
Luhan stabs at his food, upset. Kai, however, looks pleased with himself.
"Jongin here just told us about Luhan's...boyfriend."
Sehun opens his mouth but nothing comes out. "W...wh-"
"About Tao," Luhan whispers. 
"That's...alright!" His father laughs nervously. "That's alright. Our little Sehun can hang out with gays if he wants."
"Not that he's gay himself," His mother goes on. "Not our Sehun."
Sehun looks into Luhan's eyes, his stomach all of a sudden dropping. No, no. Sehun pleads with him silently.
"Luhan, P-please don't..." Sehun whispers and Luhan looks away. Kai looks at them in confusion.
"Actually," Luhan slowly sets his fork down, glancing at Kai. Oh god. Sehun rubs his face, suddenly scared. He feels himself begin to tremble. "Please...don't!" Sehun thinks, closing his eyes tightly.
"I don't think you guys know Sehun as well as you think."
"What?" His mother huffs. "Luhan, that's-"
"I didn't go to China for a scholarship in music."
"You didn't?"
"I left with my boyfriend, Tao," He admits. "...A few weeks after Sehun and I..."
"Luhan, don't say it," Sehun speaks up. "Please, don't..." 
"Broke up."
He wants to disappear. He wants to dig a hole and disappear into it. He puts his hands in his face, trying to not cry.
"What?!" Sehun's mother gasps. "B-broke up? Like..."
"We dated for a few years, Mrs. Oh."
Sehun begins to shake and lets it go. He begins to cry, and he cries hard. He leans his head down and sobs; every ounce of his body frozen and scared. 
"Sehun? Are you crying?" Sehun's mother whispers.
"Sehun..." Kai whispers.
He sniffs and looks up from his hands. He suddenly stands up, burning holes into Luhan. "Is this revenge, huh?" He wipes his eyes. "Haven't you hurt me enough? Now you have to come back into my life and ruin it again?"
"Again?" Sehun's father speaks. "What on earth did Luhan do?"
"I didn't do anything-"
"On our anniversary, I found him cheating on me." Sehun doesn't hesitate. If he's going down, he's bringing Luhan down with him. "I found him with another man."
Everyone does quiet. all except for Sehun, who jsut cries. Cries, and cries. That's all he does lately. 
"I think..." Sehun's father slowly stands as well. "I think you need to leave, Luhan."
Luhan, seeming defeated, stands as well. He stares at Sehun for a few moments before turning away and grabbing his coat. Without another word, he leaves their home, gently closing the door behind him. Sehun stares at the door, unmoving. He hates him. He hates him so...ing much.
"Thank...thank you for dinner," Sehun chokes out before turning and heading up the stairs. As soon as he's in his room, he sets his back against the door and stares at his room. Why would he do this? How could he? He knows how Sehun's parents are and why he kept it a secret in the first place.

A loud smack on his window makes him jump. He squints at it in the dark before slowly going over and pushing the curtains away. He sighs at Kai down below, waving; a small rock in his hand. He opens the window and pokes his head out.
"What?"

"Hey!" Kai whispers just loud enough for Sehun to hear. "Lock your bedroom door!"

Sehun looks back at his unlocked door and scowls. "Why?"

"I'm coming up!"

"W-what?!" Kai gives him a thumbs up before starting his ascent. He grabs the lowest branch, with one hand and wraps the other arm around the trunk. He places his feet on a sturdy gnarl. He pulls himself up on the first branch, his climb seeming easy from there on out. He carefully makes his way down a thick, sturdy branch, right next to Sehun's window. Sehun backs up, hesitantly allowing him to crawl in.  "Idiot! What if my parents catch you?"

Sehun blushes when Kai gives him one of those lazy smiles he loves so much. "Making you feel better is worth it, right?"
"I'm fine," He lies and Kai knows it. He swallows hard and gets nervous when  Kai gets closer. He raises his hand, wiping away a tear forming in Sehun's eye.
"You sure?" Kai gives him a pointed look. Sehun sniffs and touches his eyes, looking down his wet fingertips. "Look, I..." he sighs. "Luhan wouldn't have told your parents if I hadn't..."
Sehun shakes his head as he wraps his arms around Kai's waist and rests his cheek in the man's chest. "No," He sniffs again. "You were perfect. They love you- I just know it."

Kai sighs, returning the tight hug. "Why is it so important that they like me?" Sehun knows exactly why. He just feels a bit shy about the reason. He mumbles a little, causing Kai to laugh. "What?" When Sehun mutters into his chest again, he's pulled back. "I can't hear you like that, Hun."

Sehun grumbles as he looks down at his feet, fiddling with his thumbs. "I...just though...that um..."

"You thought...?"

"If we..." Sehun sighs. "If we ever started to...date, t-they'd already like you by the time..."

"You came out to them," Kai finishes. He brings his hands up, brushing Sehun's hair out of his eyes. "If you're asking what I think you're asking," he sighs. "I don't think it's ruined. It can still...happen."

Sehun looks up at him with wide eyes. "H-huh?"

Kai gets even closer. "What if...we did date?" He suggests and Sehun only now starts to get nervous. "Your parents already love me, right?" When Sehun nods, Kai does as well. "So let's date. We already know we like each other."

"Wait," Sehun raises his brows. "Y-you like me?"

"No," Kai says flatly. "That's why I took you out on a date and came to dinner tonight." He brings his hand up, cupping Sehun's cheek. "You don't like me?"

"I..." Sehun laughs shyly, causing Kai's eyes to soften. 

"I want to see you like this more often," Kai suddenly says. "Not crying over some , cheating kid." When he steps back, Sehun frowns at the sudden distances. "If you want me to go, I'll go. But you have to tell me to." Sehun stares at Kai's serious expression. The way he looks so fondly at Sehun like he's the only thing that exists in the world. This is all he wants- all he wanted from Luhan but never got it. He felt like a paycheck to him but never really realized it until he went out with a guy like Kai. Can he...really do this, though? They have such different worlds, different friends. Sehun swallows hard and takes a leap. He grabs onto Kai's shirt.

"D-don't go," He whispers. "I think...um..." He shivers at the sudden heat that sparks inside of him, like the warmth of someone lighting a fireplace. "I think you're right." As if already knowing what he's about to say, Kai slowly smiles. Sehun trembles when Kai slowly leans down. He glares up at him when Kai suddenly stops, giving him a teasing grin. When Kai finally does kiss him, it's different. Different than anything Sehun has ever felt before. Electricity shoots through his body, causing him to grip Kai's shirt tighter. He brings his hands up, keeping them close. Sehun feels so involved, he barely notices when there's a knock on the door. 

"Sehun?" His mother calls out. "Are you awake?" Sehun gasps and suddenly pulls back, turning his head. When she goes to open his door, he flings himself against it, causing her to yelp. 

"D-don't come in!" Sehun shouts in a panic. "I-I'm...I'm !"

"N-?"

"I'm changing!"

"O-oh..." His mother is quiet for a moment. "Should I come back?"

"Yes, please!" Sehun looks at Kai, who is sitting on the bed with a cocky grin. He glares at him. 

"Alright...We'll talk tomorrow." 

Sehun waits for her to be gone before sighing and locking the door. He joins Kai on the bed, groaning. "That was too close."

"Never seen you move so fast," Kai laughs. "I think you'd make a great dancer."

"That's not funny, Kai" Sehun whispers angrily. "She could have caught us!" 

Kai just shrugs before leaning over and kissing his forehead. "I'd say just let her catch us but..."

"I don't want that to ruin their view on you," Sehun gets up and grabs him, pushing him towards the window. "Now get out before she comes back!"

"Damn,  babe," Kai chuckles as he crawls out again. "Oh, uhh...one last thing."

Sehun crosses his arms and scowls at him. "Yes?"

"I told your parents I know how to play the piano."

"So...?"

"You're gonna have to teach me," Kai winks before jumping down. Sehun gasps and sticks his head out, watching as Kai runs to his motorcycle. As he hops on, he gives Sehun yet another wink, puts his helmet on, and he's off. Sehun takes a step back and looks down at his feet; his cheeks the color of a tomato.

"T-that...that jerk!"
---------------------------------------------

So I just realized

I never put anyone together in the middle or during the fanfics...why not try something new? Maybe Luhan will start more drama when he finds out Sekai is dating. if you got ideas, tell me!