Make me cool

Shattered

"Do you guys think I'm boring?" Sehun asks, watching as Chanyeol tries on hats and Kyungsoo watches.The both of them look over at their young friend, sitting on a bench close by.
"What are you talking about, Sehun?" Kyungsoo asks with a sigh.
"I'm kind of boring, aren't I? A bit simple?" Sehun asks again, getting up to stand beside Chanyeol in front of the mirror. Ever since that guy came to him a week ago and mentioned how simple and childish he looked, he couldn't get it out of his head. He does the same things every single day; wake up, brush teeth, shower, get dressed, go to school. Go home, do homework, have dinner, and go to sleep. Even his weekends were routine.
"What? No way! I think you're totally cool," Chanyeol says honestly. Sehun shakes his head.
"You don't think I'm boring personality wise."
"Oh, you mean your appearance..."
Sehun scowls at him through the mirror. "What'd that suppose to mean?"
Chanyeol goes wide-eyed, like a deer in headlights. "N-no, oh no. All I meant was...uhh..."
"He means he thinks you have an exciting personality, but your fashion is boring," Kyungsoo finishes for him.
"Well, I mean...you could stand to be more..." Chanyeol laughs nervously. "Confident?"
"What are you talking about?" Sehun scoffs. " I am too confident..." He says...not so confidently.
"Then find someone attractive and go talk to them," Kyungsoo challenges. 
Sehun bites his lower lip as he begins to shyly play with a loose string attached to his pullover. "No, that's...alright."

Kyungsoo shakes his head before glancing around, seeming to look for something. He grabs Sehun's shoulders and turns him, pointing towards a direction. "Go talk to that man, then."
"What?" Sehun looks over and lets out a groan; that leather-clad man from a  week ago. "I don't know, he looks kind of scary."
"No, he's not. He's totally your type," Chanyeol laughs and pushes him gently.
"How do YOU Know what my type is?"
"He's no Luhan," Kyungsoo says softly as if any louder and it'd hurt Sehun more; it hurt no matter what, regardless of how softly his name was said. Kyungsoo gives Sehun's back a push, forcing him in the direction of that man. 
Sehun lets out a gasp and looks at him with wide-eyes. He looks back at his friends. They smile and give him an encouraging wave. He' hesitant in his steps and he must look like a huge, awkward idiot; but the fact that the man is alone makes Sehun feel better. Once nearby, he awkwardly begins to look through some clothes on a closeby rack, hoping he'd be noticed and that he wouldn't have to make the first move. Not that he is nervous or anything.

"Buying underwear for your girlfriend or is this a thing?"
Sehun looks up at the man from before, who is now standing beside him, smirking. He looks at the rack he was in front of and blushes.
"Oh my god," He laughs nervously. He didn't even realize what he was standing in front of, too distracted by his dumb thoughts.
"I don't have a girlfriend, I was...I'm not a...perfect or anything like that!"
"You're gay, right?"
"W-whats with that? Being so forward?" Sehun feels his cheeks redden as he grows flustered. "That's ridiculous..."
He shrugs his shoulders. "My friend, Taemin, always said we gays have a radar."
"So...so you're...?"
"The names Kai," Kai introduces, completely ignoring the question. He gives Sehun a small grin, almost a like a smug one.
"I'm Sehun" He responds in almost a whisper.
"Sehun," Kai responds. He purses his lips a bit and nods his head before going back to the rack he was looking at. Sehun follows him when beckoned. "So what's up? What can I do for ya?"
"I...uhh," Sehun stutters shyly. "W-what makes you think..."
"That you want something from me?" Kai shakes his head. "You were staring in my direction for a good few minutes."
Sehun looks away from Kai's intense stare and towards the rest of the store. He observes everyone around them. all of them had something in common; They all had a pretty cool aura. not like Sehun's dorkish one. Even Kyungsoo is really cool, with his own sweater-vests and simple fashion. He actually makes it work pretty well, unlike his own.

Sehun thought about it a lot since he met Kai, suddenly feeling something missing from is life. Did he just need a girlfriend? No, that isn't it. He's had girlfriends before and they just annoyed him, or got in his way; as cruel as that sounds. He takes a deep breath as he tries to push away any nervous feelings.
"Can you...teach me how to be cool?"
"Teach you?" Kai laughs. "To be COOL?"
"Yeah?" Sehun looks at the clothes in front of Kai and shrugs. "Y-you know, to dress better, act tougher."
"You want me to teach you how to be COOLER," Kai repeats again. "Just that statement alone is lame."
Sehun lets out a groan and crosses his arms. "Come on, just help me!"
Kai looks at him for a few moments before smiling."You're cute," He begins to say, setting a jacket back down. "So, I'll try to help you."
"Really?" Sehun's eyes light up. "You'll help?"
"I said I'll try," the other man nods his head towards the direction of Sehun's friends. "Go say bye to your friends. Or don't, I don't care. I'll be by my motorcycle."
"Where are we going?"
"Your place," Kai says with a wink before walking off. He gives a half wave to the cashier and disappears. Sehun looks at Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, who both have their backs turned. He bites his lip in thought, wondering if they'd be mad if he just left. Deciding to try and not care, he follows Kai's example and leaves without saying anything.


"So...why are we in my room?" Sehun asks as he sets his bag down beside the dresser. His room is something of a sanctuary to him. A place he can hide from people when he feels overwhelmed, or just too stressed; that includes away from his parents. The walls of his room is a light blue, with wooden floors and a rug to match. Other than a dresser at the right side of the room, his desk on the left, a nightstand, and his bed, the room is pretty empty. At the left side of the room are double sliding doors, leading to his closet.

"Yep," Kai sighs as he closes the door behind them. "I expected this."
Sehun looks around in confusion before shaking his head. "Oh no. This...," He says, motioning towards the room. "-Is my sanctuary"
"This," Kai scoffs. "Is sad." He makes his way over to the closet, opening it up. Het lets out a groan after only a few seconds of shuffling through the clothing. "This..." He shakes his head as well. "We got a lot of work to do..."
"Whatya mean?" Sehun frowns. "H-hey," Sehun watches with wide-eyes as Kai begins to take stuff off hangers and toss them into a pile on the side. "What are you doing?!"
"What you asked for, dude," Kai responds as he holds up an old sweater. Sehun forgot when he bought that but by the looks of it...probably middle school.
"Kai, can you stop for a-"
"Sehun?" His mother calls out, interrupting him. She only knocks twice before coming in. "Sehun, I folded your-" She jumps a little at the sight of Kai, dropping the folded shirts she had in her hands. "Oh," 
Kai looks at her and gives her a silent smile.
"I'm sorry, I thought you had Kyungsoo or Chanyeol over," Sehun's mother says. "Who is this? A schoolmate?"
"Oh no, I'm in college, ma'am," Kai laughs. My name is Jongin," He glances at Sehun before putting the sweater to the side. Sehun looks at him oddly.

"College? I didn't know Sehun had any friends in college."
"I'm helping him choose a college," Kai lies easily.
"Really?"
"Yep! It might not look it, but I'm going to make a mean lawyer one day." Sehun rolls his eyes, but secretly thankful for the cover-up.
"Wow! A lawyer," Sehun's mother hums. "To think, my little boy is getting his foot in the door, all before he's even finished high school." She lets out a happy sigh before setting his clothes down on his dresser. She seems to ignore the pile of clothing Kai has discarded from Sehun's closet. "It was nice to meet you, Jongin!" As soon as he leaves, Sehun turns to look at him.
"You're in college?"
Kai shrugs. "Technically, but it doesn't mean I go," He admits. "I don't want to listen to some dumb teacher lecture about bull when I can just..you know, ditch with my friends and have fun." KAi stops at he folded clothes and lets out a long sigh. "OH yeah. We got alotta work to do..."