Taemin

Shattered

"Take these," Kai says as he hands Sehun a bag. 
"What's this?" Sehun eyes it suspiciously.
"Booze and cigarettes."
"What? I'm not smoking!"
Kai rolls his eyes and forces the boy to take it. "It's not for you, idiot. It's for my friends across the street." He motions to the group of boys hanging outside of a bar. Sehun stares out the window at them as they sit in a diner.
"Do they know you're getting me to bribe them?"
"No," Kai chuckles. "But they know we've been hanging out."
"What will you be doing?"
"Sitting here and watching."
Sehun stares at them again and then back at Kai. "You'll come to save me if they pull out a knife, right?"
Kai laughs as he leans back. "They won't pull a knife out on you," Kai reassures him. "And Taemin is the only one who carries a knife."
"Wonderful," Sehun grumbles. "Excellent." He grabs the bag and stands up. Before he can walk off, Kai grabs his arm. 
"Okay but uhm, first thing's first," He stands up as well. He forcefully pulls Sehun's sweater off, revealing the fitting white t-shirt underneath. The sweater is tossed onto the booth, leaving Sehun with a scowl on his face.
"Hey! It's cold!"
Kai shrugs. "Get used to the cold."
"No," Sehun crosses his arms and pouts. Kai groans and shakes his head.
"Fine, wear my jacket. Anything but your ugly sweater," He says as he takes the leather coat from the booth and tosses it to him. As Sehun pulls leather on, he grumbles.
"My grandma gave me that sweater."
Kai looks at the pink-sweater and then back at Sehun. "Are you...joking?"
Sehun widens his eyes. "What? Why? What's wrong with my grandma?"
Kai hits his head against the wall and moans. "Jesus Christ."

"Is this..really alright?" Sehun touches the flaps over his pockets. "Wearing your coat?"
Kai just shrugs. "If you're cold, who gives a ?" Sehun narrows his eyes when he pulls out a cigarette.
"You're smoking? Inside?"
Kai shrugs again and motions to his group of friends. "Off you go."
He lets out a sigh, totally regretting this.

With the bag in his hand, he nervously makes his way across the street, looking back at the window. Kai gives him a thumbs up and motions again.
"Alright, Sehun," He trembles as he becomes closer, their laughter getting louder. "Look for the other blonde one," He mumbles. "Matching jacket." As soon as he sees Taemin, leaning against the car, he heads towards him. Sehun tries not to show his anxiousness as he walks around the group of boys, who are now watching him. He squeals softly when he accidentally drops the bag; making the embarrassing action of having to pick it up and hope nothing broke.

"Who's the kid?" one guy says. Another one shrugs.
"Don't know, Kai's been hangin' with him."
As soon as Sehun approaches, Taemin looks up at him and then at his jacket. "Is that Kai's jacket?"
"H-huh?" Sehun looks at it and then back up again. "O-oh um...yeah."
"You two a thing now?"
Sehun blushes and quickly shakes his head. "What? n-no!"
"Theeen?" Taemin raises a brow.
"I-it's just cold..out and um..."
"I see," The blonde says. He takes a drag of smoke and blows it out, all the while watching him carefully. "What do you want?"
Sehun slowly lifts up the plastic bag. "I brought a gift- I mean, a bribe!"
"You're trying to bribe me?"
"I um...yes?"
Taemin stares at him. "Why?"
"I...want to know more about Kai?"
Taemin takes the bag and looks inside, almost laughing. "Kai put you up to this, huh?"
"What? n-no, I-"
"How old are you?"
"Old enough? Is that the right answer?"
Taemin smiles. "You're still in high school, huh?"
"...Yes," Sehun admits honestly.
"So you couldn't have boughten these yourself." Taemin sets the bag on the car and sits on the hood. "Come here," He instructs. patting a bracelet clad hand against the metal. Sehun obediently sits beside him on the hood, watching as the other boys continue on with their fun. 
"They don't mind I'm here?"
"Why shouldn't they?" Taemin chuckles. "Any friend of Kai is a friend of theirs. We're just a group of friends, not a gang."
"Oh..."
Taemin smirks. "You thought we were a gang?"
Sehun, not wanting to seem rude, looks away and fiddles with the strap on Kai's jacket. "W-well..."
"Hey, it's alright. We smoke, drink, wear leather..." Taemin shrugs. "Some of us even have knife fights."
"Knife fights!?" Sehun gasps. "That's so dangerous!"

Taemin laughs again. "We usually wear clothes- the worst we get are just small little cuts. Nothing too bad." Sehun nods silently, still not liking the idea. "So What'd you wanna know?" Taemin asks. "About Kai."
Sehun isn't actually sure. He went into all of this without really thinking. He looks over at the window, at Kai, and makes eye-contact with him accidentally. He blushes for some reason and forces himself to look away. 
"I don't know, actually," He admits. "What's he like, really?"
"What you see is what you get," Taemin responds as he lights a cigarette. "Don't let him fool you, though; he has a soft side only a few get to see," He explains.  "The guy has way too much free time, which is probably why he decided to help you." Taemin stops all of a sudden, eyeing his friend. He bites his lower lip in thought before grabbing the plastic bag and hopping off.
"Come on," Taemin says as he rounds the car to the driver's seat and gets in. Sehun, once again, obediently follows orders and takes a spot in the passenger seat. After buckling up, he finally looks over at Taemin.
"Um...hey," Sehun reaches over, grabbing the car seat and buckling it in for him. "There. Don't wanna get hurt, right?"
Taemin stares at him for a moment before looking forward. "Oh boy...You're gonna take a lot of work."

Taemin's phone goes off right when Taemin drives off. Sehun looks away, however, not wanting to invade privacy.
"Answer that for me," Taemin instructs. "Put it on speaker."
"Oh, you want me to?"
"Yup, go on."
Sehun shyly grabs the phone out of Taemin's pocket. He hits the green answer button and speaker.
"Heeey, baby!" Taemin greets. "What's up?"
"Taemin, what are you doing?" Kai asks, irritation in his voice. "Why'd you drive off with my project?"
"I'm just helping you out, buddy!"
"Anndd...how are you doing that?"
"I'm guessing you made him show you his room," Taemin leans back, using his free hand to light up another cigarette. Sehun notices his black-painted nails and variety of rings. "Anyway, talk later. See ya."
"Taemin, don't-"
Taemin interrupts him by hanging up and smiling over at Sehun. "You smoke?"
Sehun shakes his head. "No, thank you." He watches as Taemin barely pays attention to the road, glancing in the mirror as he fixes his hair. He either didn't care if they got into a car accident or he knew the road that well. He gets nervous the more he watches, prompting him to grab the handle above the window. Or as Chanyeol calls it. The O- handle. Not that Sehun would ever curse. Nope. No one can make him.

Once parked, Taemin leads Sehun to a surprisingly nice looking house. "Kai lives here alone?"
"Nah," Taemin says as he unlocks the door and lets him in. "He rents the place out with another guy named Tao. He's not here very often but, he still pays rent."
They head upstairs to the second floor, three doors visible from the hallway. The one to their right is painted red. Kai's door is painted black, and the other is just left white. Inside, Sehun is surprised to see that he has a similar colored room to his own; just a darker shade of blue. The only decoration up other than simple furniture was several music and movie posters. Many to be of punk genre or horror.
"So you were right when you said you get what you see," Sehun mumbles, staring at the posters along the wall. Some of them kind of creeped him out but only because he hates horror movies.
"Yep," Taemin leans against Kai's dresser. "He's an everyday punk. Which is why he'd get along with Tao so well; if the guy wasn't in China all the time."
"Oh, he's kind of a punk?"
Taemin nods. "More so than Kai."
"Really? But he seems so metal!"
Taemin shakes his head and rubs his face. "Kai has a lot of work to do..." Taemin groans. "I guess I'll have to help."
Sehun looks over at him and smiles. "Help Kai with what?"
"...Oh boy."
---------------

What a loser lmfao