Did They Change Dating?

Shattered

Empty white space with blue stripes, nothing is written since Sehun began an hour ago. He stares at it, resting his cheek against his desk, tapping his pencil on the wood. 
"You're not studying?" Chanyeol asks after looking up from his own notebook. "You love studying."
Sehun shrugs. "Dunno."
Kyungsoo sighs and closes his notes. "Sehun..if this is about Luhan."
"I don't want to talk about him."
"Well, what about Kai?" Chanyeol raises his brows. "Will you talk about him?"
Sehun sits up to lean back in his chair. "Sure, why not?"
"You'll talk about him but not Luhan?"
He shakes his head at Chanyeol, wondering if he's just as naive as his friend. "Kai didn't rip my heart out and stomp on it with his combat boot."
"But Luhan doesn't wear combat boots," Chanyeol purses his lips, frowning when Sehun glares at him.
"Kai was there for me," Sehun continues. "After I...yelled at Luhan. He didn't even say anything- just..." He stares at the drink he pulled out from his bag. "Just held me."
"We thought so," Kyungsoo says. "He wouldn't leave your side for the rest of the party."
"I remember..."
"Kai protected you with his life!" Chaneyol exclaims, talking as if Kai was a knight in shining armor. And in some dumb, weird way, he kind of was; a knight in...shining leather? Sehun frowns at his dumb thought. He didn't need rescuing from anyone anyways. 
"Why're we even at the library? We already studied!" Chanyeol whines, tapping his foot impatiently. "I want to go have fuuun!"
Sehun suddenly closes his notebook and stuffs it into his bag. He can't focus anyway, so what's the point? All he'd be doing is staring at that dumb book and hurt his eyes. He stares at the wooden table, frowning. "I hate studying." Kyugnsoo and Chanyeol stare at their friend with wide-eyes. He glances at them before crossing his arms. "W-what?"
"You love studying..." Chanyeol whispers.
"W-well...not all the time! I'd rather be...doing something else!" He glares when his friends stare at him again. "What?!"
"You wanna see Kai, huh?!" Chaneyol yells, causing Kyungsoo to harshly shush him.

Sehun blushes and fiddles with his sleeve. He's felt weird ever since that night at the bonfire. Kai treats him softer, and Sehun looks at Kai differently. On top of that, He seems to get irritated whenever around Tao or Luhan, seeming extremely passive aggressive in all of their conversations. Once, Sehun convinced Kai to help him study. They sat in his living room, laughing; or at least they were up until Luhan and Tao came home. Kai had immediately grabbed Sehun and pulled him into his room before anyone could say a thing. Knight in shining leather.
"No..." Sehun lies. "Hanging out with you two is good enough for me." That, however, is the truth. He does want to hang out with him, they're his best friends. 
"We have a movie tonight, right?"
"The same as usual," Kyungsoo chuckles.
"Maybe...um..." Sehun plays with his sweater. "Maybe we can...invite another person?"
Chanyeol and Kyungsoo glance at each other, slowly smirking. Chanyeol raises his brow. "Like...Kai?"
"What?" Sehun huffs. "What if I meant Taemin?"
"You want to invite Taemin?"
Sehun stares at them for a moment. "I want...to invite Kai."
"I knew it," Kyungsoo calmly puts all of his things away. "Come on, then. If you're too shy to ask him yourself, we'll go with you."
"I can...talk to Kai," Sehun mumbles. "I mean...alone." He scowls when Chanyeol grins at Kyungsoo. "I hate both of you."
"Not true!" Chanyeol chases Sehun as he tries to fast walk out of the library, Kyungsoo behind them. "Last weekend, you were telling us how much you love your hyungs! Your precious hyungs!"
"I'm not listening!"
"Hyung, I hate it when you argue," Kyungsoo mocks as well. "Why can't we all love each other?"
"I really, really hate both of you."


"I can do this," Sehun nods. "I got this."
"You've walked up to him a million times," Kyungsoo says. "Right?"
"Well..."
"Well?"
"It's always HIM coming to get ME."
"So..." Chaneyol says with his mouth full. "You're too scared to approach a couple of punks? Two of them are your friends, Sehun."
Sehun looks out of the window and sighs. "It's not...that easy."
Kyungsoo leans back and shrugs. "Yes, it is. You just walk up to Kai and ask him to join us for a movie. Tell him Chanyeol's paying."
"I'm paying?"
"Yeah, I paid last time," Kyungsoo responds. "And Sehun last time. It's your turn, giant."
"Okay, okay," Chanyeol sighs. He looks out the window now as well, slapping the table. "Oi, oi! Kai's here." Sehun looks as well, suddenly extremely nervous. He looks sort of intimidating when he stands with the group of boys. Leaning against Taemin's car as he smokes, his hair fashionably messy. His tight jeans tucked into his combat boot with messily tied shoelaces. He sighs at the sight. What's gotten into him?
It's been forever since he's ever looked at someone this way, or even feel this way. Sehun pushes himself to stand, leaving his friends to talk about movies. He stops outside to look at himself in the window, frowning at his wolf sweater and neat hair. He messes his hair up a little but figures there's nothing he can do about his shirt. He could take it off but...then he'd be shirtless. " like a wolf!"
 Sehun smiles at his own joke.

He tries to push down the sense of anxiety that fills his stomach. He slowly walks across the street and towards the group of boys. He's friends with Kai. This is fine, right?
Some of the boys barely look at Sehun, seeming to remember him from last time. Sehun is stopped by a shorter boy with short brown hair and black eyeliner.
"Hey, wait," He says. "You're Sehun, right?"
"Right...?"
"Kai is kind of...in a bad mood," He warns. "Kai in bad mood is kind of scary."
Sehun glances over at Kai, seeing the angry expression on his face; it makes him look even scarier. "O-Oh."
"Maybe you should-"
"Baekhyun!" They both jolt at the sudden noise. "Are you scaring Sehun away!?" 
Baekhyun puts his hands on his hips and grin. "I would never! I'm not a scary person!"
Kai's expression softens at the sight of Sehun. When he's motioned for, Sehun doesn't hesitate to go to him. 
"Nice sweater," Kai chuckles. "Weird to see you actually around here, too." They both watch as Taemin leaves them alone, still arguing with Baekhyun. He watches them for a moment before turning to look back at Kai.
"Are you okay?"
Kai jumps up on the car and shrugs. When offering his hand, Sehun takes it, letting himself get boosted up. "I'm in a ty mood."
"What happened?"
"Tao wants to have a going away party," Kai explains. "He's leaving for China."
"Oh..." Sehun narrows his eyes.
"...He's not taking Luhan."
"What?!" Sehun looks at him. "Why not?!"
Kai lays on his back, exhaling smoke. "I guess Luhan said he has some business still."
"Like what? Ruining people's lives?" Sehun says, almost without thinking. 
He smirks at that but doesn't say anything. 
"What're you up to? Why come around here?"
"Oh..." Sehun looks down at his feet, feeling shy all over again. He fiddles with one of the shoelaces on his converse. Maybe asking him to the movies isn't a good idea if he's in a bad mood. Or maybe it'd put him in a better one. "A-as you know, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, I always go to the movies on the weekends..."
"Right."
"And I was wondering if uh..." Sehun rubs his cheeks. "Maybe you'd want to..." When he looks over at Kai, he jumps a bit; starting to become flustered when he catches him staring. "W-what?"
"You want me to go with you guys?" Kai raises a brow and Sehun laughs weakly.
"I mean I doubt you want to hang out with a couple of...dorks."
"So, you ARE inviting me."
"Maybe..."
"You should be more confident," Kai chuckles. "Go on and ask me. I'll go either way, but still."
Sehun lets out a frustrated sigh, looking away as he pulls on his sleeves. "Kai, will...will you go to the..." He mumbles. "Will you go to the movies with me?"
Kai raises a brow. "With...you?"
"No!" Sehun gasp. "We! I meant we!"
"You sure?" Kai slowly sits up, giving that stupid, hot lazy smirk. "Cause we can ditch your friends and have it just be us."
Sehun swallows hard, his heart starting to beat fast. He glances over at his friends back at the dinner. "W-what? Just us?"
"Why not?" Sehun shivers at Kai's low, alluring voice. 
"Kai, that'd..." He looks back at him and suddenly wants to sweat. The stare he gave him was...almost predatory. "That'd...um, that'd be a date."
Kai looks at him oddly. "And?"
Sehun slowly slides off the car and turns to face him. "Oh my god. Are you asking me out? On a date?"
"Yep."
"...Tonight?"
"Yeah."
"Alone?"
"Preferably."
Sehun stares at him, wondering if it was some dumb joke. When he sees the seriousness in Kai's eyes, he gets nervous. "O-oh..."
"Unless you'd rather go out with your friends," Kai shrugs. "I won't make you ditch them."
Sehun stares at his friends for a few moments, wondering how'd they react. He hasn't been on a date since...Luhan. Is it the same? What if they changed it? Instead of one person paying for the bill, you have to rock, paper, scissors over it. What if you have to present your date with the head of a goat! He might be hanging out with Chanyeol a little too much. 
"So...?"
Sehun nervously looks back, laughing nervously. "I...I uhh..." When he notices Kai's fond smile, he loses his cool. "I have to think about it!" Without another word, he quickly runs across the street, after looking both ways, of course. He practically dashes back into the booth, causing his friends to jumps. He breathes heavily as he stares at the restaurant ceiling.
"Um...Sehun?" Kyungsoo calls out.
"Yep?"
"Did...you ask him?"
"...Yep."
They're all silent for a moment before Chanyeol speaks up. "And...what did he say?"
Sehun slowly sits up correctly and breaths shakily. "He um...he asked me out."
Kyungsoo rests his head on hand and smiles. "You said yes, right?"
"What?!" Sehun huffs. "How can I? We have our movie tonight!"
"Yeah, and?" Chanyeol laughs. "You need to get over Luhan! Maybe Kai can help."
"I'm not going on a date to forget Luhan," Sehun says. "I'm wanting to go out with him because I..."
"Because you like him," Kyungsoo says simply. "So say yes."
"You guys are really fine with that? It totally breaks our weekend code!"
"It totally breaks out weekend code!" Chanyeol mocks. "Come on, you sound like a chick."
"I agree," Kyungsoo nods. "While you know I love our weekend shenanigans, I think you should do it."
"Weekend shenanigans..." Sehun mumbles. He pulls his phone out and looks at it. His hands tremble as he finds the chatroom he had opened for the two of them. 

Sehun: what time?
Kai: ;) knew it
Sehun: shut up. what time?
Kai: 7 pm ;)
Sehun: do you always do winky faces?
Kai: look over at me

Sehun furrows his brows and looks up, in Kai's direction. He blushes and rolls his eyes when Kai gives him a wink. "Wow, I thought I was a loser."
"Are you talking to Kai?" Chanyeol asks, trying to peek at his phone. "Can you ask if that cute brunette is single? The one with the eyeliner?"
"What?" Sehun searches the group of boys, raising his brow at Baekhyun. "You're kidding me..."