Good Morning, My Love

Red Chrysanthemum

Prompt 8:

Imagine your OTP waking up and just basking in each other's presence.


A salty ocean breeze blew through the open window, the curtains fluttering gently while the sun cascaded through. Daehyun sat up, looking around momentarily before his eyes settled on the sleeping figure next to him. Jongup snuggled up in the blankets, back to Daehyun, and hugging one of his many pillows. Daehyun ran his fingers through Jongup’s hair, the other sighing, the corner of his mouth curving upwards. Daehyun humming softly just watching Jongup sleep and listening to his quiet breathing. Mornings like this were far and few in-between, just waking up next to the man he loved. He stopped playing with Jongup’s hair, he regretted it almost immediately while the younger started to frown and made a noise of displeasure.

“Mm, what a needy brat,” Daehyun said and went back to running his fingers through Jongup’s hair. Almost instantly the frown went away and he nuzzled deeper into his pillow. “Are you awake, baby?”

Jongup was silent before he was rolling over and wrapping his arms around Daehyun’s waist, burying his face in his neck. Daehyun scratched at the base of his neck, Jongup made a noise of contentment, lips brushing against Daehyun’s neck when he finally spoke.

“Mornin’,” Jongup snuggled closer to Daehyun who kissed his forehead. “What time is it?”

“Too early for you, most likely, I was hoping you’d stay asleep long enough so I could make you breakfast, sweet pup.” Jongup tangled his legs up in Daehyun’s while shaking his head. “No? Why?”

“I want to cuddle you, stay in bed with you,” Jongup said whining and Daehyun chuckling at how needy he was being. “Please don’t go, stay.”

Daehyun untangled himself from Jongup who shot him a glare as he slid to the edge of the bed. Stretching his arms up, he nearly jumped when he felt Jongup running his fingers over the tattoo on his lower back. Turning his head he watched Jongup just stare in wonderment, continuously tracings the pattern. Jongup looks up so their eyes meet a sweet smile showing his bunny teeth.

“Every time I see this tattoo, I’m amazed,” Daehyun raised a brow and Jongup continued speaking. “How could we mean so much to you, that you love us enough to have this?”

“You guys are my family, they’re my brothers and you,” Daehyun was turning around reaching for Jongup, the younger met him halfway, koala clinging to him causing Daehyun to make a grunting noise. “You, are the love of my life and my soulmate, only cuddly in the mornings because you hate me every other time of day.”

“No one else is allowed to see us cuddle ‘cause that’s special time,” Jongup uttered quietly letting Daehyun nuzzle into his neck. “It’s private and I don’t want to share it with anyone else.”

“You are so cute,” Pulling back he looked at Jongup who just stared at him, looking all cute, giving him puppy eyes. Daehyun gave a sigh, falling to his side, taking a grinning Jongup with him. “Fine, we’ll stay in bed a little longer.”

“You’re so whipped,” Jongup spoke while laughing, Daehyun stuck his tongue out, he may have been whipped, but he was still the luckiest man on the earth.