cereal

Red Chrysanthemum

Prompt 1:
Person 1 wakes Person 2 up at 4 am to eat cereal with them. In confusion, Person 2 asks why and Person 1 surprises them by going "I just wanted to be with you, is all..."


The house was silent save for the ticking of a clock and the hum of the heater. There was movement in one of the rooms, someone tossing and turning before the figure threw the blanket off himself. His stomach made a quiet rumbling noise and he slid out of bed, shuffling quietly to the bed across the room. Kneeling down next to the bed he shook the sleeping figure on the bed and there was a soft groan from on the bed. He silently kept shaking the man in the bed when finally he was met with squinted eyes and a soft mumbling.

“Baby? Mm, what’s wrong?” He sat up rubbing his eyes while the other stared up at him the floor. “Jongup-ah? It’s four in the morning.”

“M’hungry, please have cereal with me?” He was giving his best puppy eyes to the man on the bed, holding his stare, and didn’t move. “Daehyun-hyung, please?”

There was a long-suffering sigh, but Daehyun slid out, pulling Jongup off the floor as he stood up, grabbing his blanket he wrapped it around the two of them. Jongup nuzzles his nose into the crook of Daehyun’s neck and wrapping his arms around his waist for a moment in silent thanks. The two made their way to the living room, shuffling awkwardly through the halls and Daehyun sat Jongup down on the couch with his blanket.

“Chocopuffs?” Jongup gave a curt nod snuggling into the blanket as he sat waiting for Daehyun to return. He occupied his time watching the clock tick slowly until Daehyun came back with two bowls and settled next to Jongup before handing him his bowl. “Any reason you needed to wake me up for this?”

Jongup sat chewing his cereal slowly, looking sad, swallowing, and mumbling. “I…I just wanted a reason to be with you, that’s all…”

“J-Jongup-ah, I, sweetie, Pup, I didn’t mean it like that.”  Daehyun leaned over and kissed Jongup’s cheek, causing the younger to smile softly. “Let’s finish eating and go back to sleep, we don’t have a schedule, so no managers will come in to wake us up. We sleep in my bed tonight.”

“Hyung?”

“Yes, Pup?”

“You have taste in cereal you know that right?” Jongup started grinning and Daehyun shot him a dirty look. “Grape Nuts, really?”

“I douse it in sugar and it makes it good, shut up and eat, you brat,” Daehyun said grumbling into his bowl and Jongup just cuddled up even closer cheeks puffed up with cereal.

“Love you, hyung.”

“Yeah, whatever, don’t talk with your mouth full, love you too."