We Were Born to Die

Red Chrysanthemum

Prompt 11:

Imagine your OTP in their last moments before saving the world.

a/n: this chapter is partially inspired by the honeymoon mv and supernatural
each member of b.a.p is reborn with their s/o every millennium to save the world from the apocalypse. of course, they don't remember until they die.


Daehyun laid there admiring every detail of Jongup’s face, his lashes fanning over his cheeks, his lips parted as he slept, and the mole on his nose, just trying to remember every small imperfection. The sun was slowly peeking over the horizon and the only sound in the room was their breathing. This was their last night together and he covered his mouth trying to muffle his cry and rolled over while sobs wracked through his body. He froze feeling Jongup shift next to him, then an arm around his waist pulled him closer.

“Daehyun?” Jongup nuzzled into his hair, tightening his hold. “It’s okay, we’ll be together and that’s all that matters.”

“What if it’s just one of us, I…I can’t live a second with you,” Daehyun curled in on himself, body shaking intensely. “I’m not scared of dying, but I’m scared of losing you and if I do I won’t make it in life, you know this.”

Jongup sat up leaning against the pillows and headrest he coaxed Daehyun into sitting up and leaning against him. His fingers scratching the nape of his neck in a meager attempt to calm him down, the shakes in his body lessening. He didn’t stop crying though, the tears were still streaming down his face.

“We won’t be separated, I promise, we’re going to be together,” There was a pause, he thought about his words for a moment. “We are going to save so many people, animals, plants, we’re saving this planet, baby. We won’t lose each other I promise.”

“What if, what if we mess up, what if it’s all for nothing?” Daehyun looked at him and Jongup didn’t say anything letting the older finish his thought. “What if there’s nothing after this life and all I got was three years with you?”

“Then those three years are the most precious memories, aren’t they? I wouldn’t trade them for anything.” Jongup leaned over kissed his cheek, resting his forehead against Daehyun’s. “And if there is a next life or an afterlife, we’ll find each other, like we always do.”

“I’m bad at directions, Jongup,” Daehyun pouted causing Jongup to snort. “You’ll need to find me.”

“I love you.” Jongup kissed Daehyun slowly their tears and breath mingling together. When the two pulled apart and opened their eyes, both sets of eyes red-rimmed, filled with sadness. “Thank you for giving me the best moments of my life.”

“I love you too and I’m sad we can’t adopt babies and fur babies and grow old together,” He hiccupped quietly,  grabbing a tissue to wipe his nose. “I am so thankful for the time I had with you.”

The sun glared through the window signifying it was almost time, they needed to get ready and go. This had been their destiny from their first heartbeat to their last, their sacrifice would save everyone they ever loved. The evil trying to take over this world sent from the lowest bowels of hell would be destroyed. However in the process so would they, Jongup grabbed his hand looking out the window.

“Let’s go, we have a world to save.”

 

 

 

 

 

When they were found, their bodies lifeless, a little battered, but they were together, pinkies keeping them together. Their ashes were spread over a cliffside, dancing away in the wind, to travel the world together just as they had always wanted

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was warm, pleasantly so, he could hear birds chirping and it was sunny if the light behind his eyelids was anything to go by. His head was clearly on someone’s lap and that someone was playing with his hair, but he knew those hands. He blinked a few times and saw Jongup smiling down at him, his outfit was white and hair a light silver blue.

“Good morning, I thought you were going to sleep all day.” Daehyun sat up, looking around they were in a field, a forest to their north and sea to their south. Also a random door just a few feet away. “Didn’t I tell you not to worry?”

“Where are we, why is your hair blue,” He sat up rubbing his eyes, just taking everything in. Was this heaven? “Jongup, are we dead? Did we…did we save the world?”

“We did and we are, just come with me, but they’re waiting for us,” he stood up helping Daehyun up leaning to chastely kiss his lips. “Your hair is purple.”

“Who? Jongup what is going on?” Daehyun let Jongup lead him to the door who opened it revealing a bright light and he squinted. “Jongup?”

“We have a few friends that you may recognize,” Daehyun stepped in after Jongup and saw four very familiar faces. “We’re home, everyone.”

“Welcome back, we’ve waited for you,” A taller man with medium wavy hair said. “It’s been years.”