rub a dub dub daeup in the tub

Red Chrysanthemum

Prompt #4

Imagine your OTP in the tub.


The bathroom smelled of lavender and roses, the mirror and windows heavily fogged with the steam from the bathtub. There was quiet R&B music playing, Jongup humming along while Daehyun played with his fingers and told him about his rehearsals. Jongup’s back pressed to Daehyun’s chest, steam rising from the water, curling in the air. It was a rare day off for both and they spent it together lounging around Daehyun’s apartment since it was rare the couple got time alone together.

“Yesterday when I was at rehearsal, we were practicing and there’s this scene where Natalie is fixing the motorcycle and there’s a spurt of oil that squirts out,” Daehyun laced their fingers together before continuing. “And I accidentally hit the button to cause the oil to come out, but it got jammed and the oil, which is just water and some sort of dark dye, went flying everywhere, ah, what a mess.”

“Is that why there were weird blue stains on my white shirt I let you borrow?” Jongup tilted his head to give him a look, brows raised as Daehyun chuckled nervously. Jongup smiled, his eyes becoming moon crescents to show he wasn’t angry, but teasing him and Daehyun gave a sigh of relief.

“Ah, your clothes just smell like you, so…” Daehyun’s cheeks turned a red, Jongup laughing at the reaction and gave him a quick peck on the lips before scooping bubbles into his hands and placing them on Daehyun’s wet hair. The older pouted, poking Jongup’s nose. “Hey now.”

“What are you gonna do, hmm?” Jongup turned around and splashed water into Daehyun’s face making the other sputter and shake water from his face. Jongup didn’t even get to laugh before the other lunged at him and caught him, water sloshing over the side of the tub. He grabbed a cup from the side of the tub using it to pour water over Jongup’s head. “Ah, hey!”

“Don’t start a fight you can’t finish, babe.” Daehyun was grinning and then went to place little kisses all over Jongup’s face. “C’mon let’s order some food, you said you were craving Indian right?”

Jongup just stared for a long moment before a fond smile spread across his face and reached over cupping Daehyun’s cheeks placing a chaste kiss on his lips. “I love you.”

“Uh…I’ll take that as a yes to Indian food,” Daehyun said in confusion and helping Jongup out the tub. “I love you too.”