Toddlers and Toys

Red Chrysanthemum

Prompt 10

Imagine your OTP as parents.

a/n: background: jongup was a single dad with an infant daughter, jaehwa, when he met daehyun. six years later this is their life. hyunae is dae's baby from a surrogate mother, ok.


Jongup opened the door to his apartment, balancing two boxes of pizza and bucket of chicken in one hand and holding a bunch of bags and opening the door with the other. The house was almost silent except for the muffled sound of the Shimmer and Shine opening song in the distance and the Kit-Cat clock ticking in the kitchen. He toed his shoes off and putting on his slipper, leaving his bags at the door. Shuffling quietly to the kitchen he set the food down on the table nearly tripping over a Heihei plushy in the process.

Walking past the living room there were crayons, coloring books, and toys all over the floor and he smiled softly, someone was having a good time. Opening his bedroom door he was greeted by the sight of Daehyun asleep with their baby on his chest, she was a tiny carbon copy, except her eye mole was on the opposite side. Their oldest daughter was curled up on his side hugging an Avatar Appa plushy.

“These girls really tired you out, huh?” Jongup tiptoed over so he could kneel next to the bed and brush his fingers through Daehyun’s hair. “I’m home, wake up, honey.”

“Jaehwa, let me sleep, I’ll make dinner in a bit,” He threw an arm over his eyes smacking Jongup in the process and the noise Jongup made woke him up. “Huh, wha…ah, Hyunae.”

“Daehyun-ah, baby,” Daehyun turned his head making a noise and his expression brightened and Jongup took Hyunae from his chest, cradling her. “She’s been colic-y all week, hasn’t she? How long did you guys sleep?”

Jaehwa popped her head up, still holding her plushy and rubbing her eyes sleepily then realization dawned on her. “Daddy?”

“Hi princess, were you and your sister good for papa?” She nodded climbing to Daehyun’s lap giggling and hugging her plush tighter. “Good, after dinner I have something for you.”

“I thought you weren’t supposed to be back another few days,” Daehyun leaned over and kissed Jongup. “We took about an hour and a half nap, I’ll make some dinner.”

“No need, I bought chicken and pizza, also I’ll be at the last showing of your musical.” He stood up bouncing Hyunae gently and Daehyun picked up Jaehwa, the six-year-old wrapping her arms around Daehyun’s neck about smothering him with the Appa plushy. “Jaehwa put the plush down, you’re suffocating papa.”

“Sorry, papa, I’ll put Appa down.” She dropped the toy on the bed and hugged Daehyun.

“Jongup, you are just full of surprises, what did I do to deserve someone like you?” Daehyun said leaning over to kiss Jongup and Jaehwa pushed them apart making a face at the two.

“Ew, stop! That’s nasty!”

“Don’t worry, I’ll kiss daddy later when you aren’t around, I need his kisses or I’ll wither away, princess.” Jaehwa giggled and squished his cheeks before petting his hair. “Daddy, I expect some kisses tonight when the girls are asleep.”

Jongup shot him a look, but the smirk on lips told Daehyun he’d be getting exactly what he wanted and then some.