Sorry

Red Chrysanthemum

Prompt 14:

Your OTP's first serious fight


The two watched the other four members file out of the practice room before sliding closer together. Intertwining their fingers together Daehyun rests his head on Jongup’s shoulder just enjoying the silence. Jongup could feel Daehyun was tense, he wanted to talk about something, but he didn’t know how to bring it up to him.

“Dae, what is it?”

“I was wondering…I…”  He squeezed Jongup’s hand mumbling quietly under his breath. “When can we tell the rest of the group…you’re important to me and I want them to know about us.”

“Dae…” His voice was soft but terse while looking at Daehyun who sat up at his tone. “We really should wait just to be sure.”

“You’ve been saying that for two months, we’ve been together almost six, Jongup,” Daehyun pulled away staring at the other, brows knit tightly together. He stood up, stepping back from the younger waving his arms frantically. “They’re our friends, they wouldn’t be mad at us, they love us and will support us.”

“I’m sorry, I’m just worried about you is all, I don’t want this to be used against you, singing is so important to you and I don’t want you to be put in a position where you need to choose.” He stood up and took Daehyun’s hand. “I’m sorry, really I am.”

“Is that all you can say? Sorry? I’m getting tired of bringing this up and you,” He took another step back eyes welling with tears he began to stutter. “A-and clearly if you aren’t ready to…to tell them then this isn’t going to work.”

He turned to leave and Jongup grabbed his hand pleading with his eyes he had never seen Daehyun this upset. The older looked down at their hands yanking them apart and storming from the room nearly bumping into Himchan in the process. Youngjae and Junhong looked at each other before Junhong whistled.

“Uh-oh. Trouble in paradise.” Youngjae punched Junhong in the stomach hissing a quiet shut up and ushering him away from the room and away from ground zero.

“Bang, talk with Jongup, I’ll get Daehyun, seems the two have had their first lovers’ quarrel and apparently there’s a lot of pent-up frustrations.” He whispered softly peeking into the room at Jongup who looked absolutely crestfallen as he sat on the floor with his face in his hands. “Figure out what it is, whatever it is, it’s got to be serious, considering they’ve been trying to keep their relationship a secret for months and this is their first fight that’s ended with someone in tears.”

“Alright, yeah, okay, I’ll talk to him.” Yongguk gave Himchan one last glance before he entered the dance practice room. Jongup glanced up from his spot on the floor, the sad puppy dog look on his face was too much. Yongguk slid down sitting next to him. “What happened?”

“We fought.”

“Clearly, but about what?” Jongup glanced at him then to the floor, chewing his bottom lip, Yongguk sighed giving him the disapproving dad look. “Jongup.”

“We…we’re dating…or maybe were? He’s so upset I don’t know, but we were arguing about whether or not…uh…we should let you guys know if we’re dating…I wanted to wait.”

“That’s all? Jongup, we all already knew, we were just waiting for you guys to tell us yourselves.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, oh, the thing about relationships is communication is key and compromises should be made,” He pat Jongup’s back leaning against the mirror. “The first fight is a milestone and it’s one of the first tests of your relationship. He absolutely adores you, we all can see it and I know you can too. He cares very deeply and I think he’s very upset because maybe he thinks you’re ashamed of him and that’s why you didn’t want to let us know.”

“No! No, I’m not ashamed of him, I just…I just didn’t want you guys to hate us or for him to have to choose between me or singing.”

“Then maybe a nice long family talk is needed.

 

Himchan found Daehyun sitting in the stairwell eyes puffy and red he didn’t even look at Himchan when he came over and sat next to him. Himchan pulled him into a hug rubbing his back sighing softly. Daehyun hiccupped quietly letting the older man baby him and coo softly at him.

“I know, boys are dumb and you deserve better, but he’s your boyfriend and one little fight shouldn’t tear up what you have.” Daehyun sniffled looking up at Himchan looking confused.

“H-how did you know we’re dating?”

“You guys are about as subtle as an elephant trying to tiptoe in a creaky house,” Himchan gave Daehyun a look the younger chuckled nervously avoiding eye contact. “I don’t know what this little fight is about, but I know you love him and he loves you too. Don’t let a relationship end over your first fight, you two were long overdue for a fight anyways. That honeymoon phase lasted far too long.”

“…do you think he’s angry with me?”

“He looked like a kicked puppy, he wasn’t mad at all. Let’s go have a little makeup session, so we can have a nice family dinner when we get home and a movie night.”

“I should apologize to him I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did, he was only concerned for me. I wanted to tell you guys about us, but he wanted to wait and I got upset…”

“Jongup can be a about things sometimes, now kiss and make up.”

Himchan stood up taking Daehyun with him who was still crying and sniffling while Himchan rubbed his back cooing what a little crybaby he was the entire walk back to the practice room. The other four were waiting and Jongup was across the room in seconds taking Daehyun’s hand hesitantly.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you upset, I really should have thought of your feelings.”

“It’s okay and I’m sorry too, but let’s talk about this we when we don’t have,” Daehyun glared at the other four in the room. “Nosey Nancies watching us.”

“Just kiss already!”

“Shut up, Junhong.”