Chapter 6

A Beam Of Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was the last team briefing before they departed, and no one had ever seen Hyejeong so nervous.

 

As they left the boardroom, Yuri engulfed the younger girl in a bone crushing hug, trying to reverse Hyejeong’s defeated expression. It soon expanded, and one group hug later, Hyejeong was smiling and leading her troops towards the hangars.

 

They loaded a supply chopper with vehicles and technology for Hyoyeon, and got onto Eunjung’s helicopter themselves.

 

A crowd had gathered to wave the girls off, saluting as the General boarded, and they ascended into the airspace.

 

It was around half an hour before they reached their destination. Soldiers unloaded the cargo, and the girls made last minute checks for all their equipment.

 

“Take good care of my baby Hyejin!” Eunjung shouted, dramatically grabbing the frame of the chopper and hugging it, planting kisses on the cold metal.

“Will do Boss.” The mechanic winked, before climbing into the cockpit and starting up the engines.

 

“I’m going to see all of you girls - here and unharmed in six weeks time. Do I make myself clear?” Yuri joked, letting go of a sad smile before cuddling each person once again and saying goodbyes. She walked backwards and headed back onto the chopper. “I want constant updates from you all, no excuses.” She shouted over the racket of the propeller blades. “Make us proud.”

 

The fleet pulled up into the sky, leaving the six girls to start their journey.

 

“So this is it…” Jimin stated. “It’s up to us now.”

“Let’s head to the cabin and get set up.” Taeyeon suggested, climbing into one of the jeeps and starting the engine. The rest followed suit, and they soon sped off towards the forest.

 

Tiffany’s little hideaway was the same as when Taeyeon had left. Her ball of light was left shining in the hallway, and she sighed at the memories. They wasted no time setting up surveillance equipment at the surroundings, deploying the same technology which was present at the base.

 

Once they were finished, the area was hidden. The cabin was safe, and it felt like a massive relief to finally have started such a highly anticipated mission.

 

“Tae?” Seolhyun called out from down the hall, disrupting the woman from her nap on the sofa.

“Mhm?” She groaned back, opening her eyes.

“We’ve got to make sure no one will recognise you when you go into the population.”

 

Taeyeon had almost forgotten the fact that she was a liability - as long as her family were part of the senate they would always be looking for her.

 

Seolhyun beckoned Taeyeon into the bathroom by wagging her finger, and Taeyeon soon ended up standing over the bath, as the girls took turns applying various things to her hair.

 

She tried numerous times to look in a mirror, but the team wouldn’t let her. They fussed with every last detail, cutting it into a new style, and eventually let her see her reflection.

 

She was shocked with the outcome, and let hang open.

“Do you like it?” Jiyeon asked nervously.

“I mean…” She spluttered as a reply. “It looks great. It’s just unexpected.”

 

She ran a hand through her straightened hair, mesmerised by the black colour. It was slightly shorter than previously, and she now had choppy bangs cut into place.

“I don’t think the other girls are going to recognise me!” She joked, still admiring herself.

“We’ll soon find out, Hyo is picking us up in about an hour.” Hyejeong informed them. “Come on let’s pack up.”

 

The remaining equipment was very quickly packed up into crates, and stacked in the back of one of the jeeps. Hyoyeon arrived promptly, and skidded to a halt in front of the group.

 

“Good evening Ladies.” She greeted in an eccentric English gentleman accent, topping it off with a chivalrous bow. “Can I interest any of you in a drive with me?”

 

The group laughed, and Seolhyun ran over to give the blonde a hug.

 

“Did you miss me kiddo?” Hyoyeon joked, patting the younger girl on the head.

“I’ll ride with you Hyo.” Seolhyun replied with a grin.

 

Jiyeon went in the car with them, as the rest of the girls followed Taeyeon and fastened themselves into their own car. Hyoyeon pulled up next to the other and rolled down the window.

 

“I like the new look Kim.” She complimented. Taeyeon was about to reply, as she yelled, “Try to keep up shortie.” and floored the accelerator, sending her truck shooting forwards.

 

Taeyeon reacted quickly, slamming her foot into the clutch and her hand onto the gear stick. It was only a second longer before the accelerator was pressed into the ground and she sped off just behind Hyoyeon.

 

Hyejeong let out an uncharacteristic scream during the unexpected start, and clung onto an equally as shocked Jimin. The girls remained with their koala like grips on each other, as they only seemed to speed up. Eunjung on the other hand, had half of her body sticking out of the window as Taeyeon managed to speed past the other car.

 

She waved at a frustrated Hyoyeon, teasingly sticking her tongue out at waving.

 

“EUNJUNG TREE!” Taeyeon suddenly yelled, causing the woman to cram her body into the seat quickly.

 

Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter