Chapter 22

A Beam Of Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“General,” A communicator spoke with purpose, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. “We’ve picked up a location marker from Hulsey.”

 

Yuri jumped up from her chair ahd paced over towards the station of PCs. “Who is sending it?” She asked, giving Seohyun in the corner a thumbs up to prepare their forces.

 

“There’s no record of that Ma’am.” Yuri’s face twisted into confusion, and anonymous tip was an unusual find. “It was sent from a vessel named moonstar.” 

 

“That’s my ship!” Byulyi spoke through Yuri’s earpiece, making the General jump from the sudden noise outburst. 

 

“It’s from Tiffany…” Yuri muttered, turning to face her secretary once again. “Seo, send beta fleet there. Tracking gear too, we’re finding that ship.” 

 

Soldiers piled into the two awaiating planes, still strapping their equipment. Yuri watched them leave as she climbed into her jet, dialling her main team as she started up the engine. 

“Hyejeong,” She shouted over the sound of the engine. “We’ve found them.”

A ping off her console signalled that the coordinates were sent, and she pulled the plane onto the runway hastily. 

“Last one there’s buying drinks tonight!” She cheered, disabling the intercom and fastening her seatbelt to prepare for takeoff.

 

The journey to Hulsey was a painfully slow one.

 

After stopping off at Byulyi’s base to pick up Hyejeong and her team, they sat in silence, watching the scenery zoom by. It was a number of hours later when they got the order to prepare themselves for a possible battle.

 

Yoona pulled on a helmet just as they passed over the final hills with the rest of the fleet. As she looked out of the side door window, a ship taking off manifested in her peripheral vision.

 

“GENERAL!” She screamed, alerting Yuri. 

 

The general rolled her jet, sending the crew crashing into the walls as they changed direction and sped towards their target. Ahead lay a Government patterned ship. “Who’s on it?” 

 

“It’s McMaken Ma’am.” 

 

“I’m going into stealth.” Yuri calmly spoke over the intercom, despite the fact that she was hit with a wave of panic internally. “Yoona, Hyejeong - get on the ropes with the detonators.” 

 

Hyejeong winced as she heard the order. Dangling below a speeding jet was not her ideal situation to be in, but she hooked the plasma rope with a click into her belt and grabbed two detonators, holding one in each of her palms. 

 

“You’ve got 15 seconds.” Yuri spoke, ramping the jet up to the maximum acceleration as Yoona and Hyejeong stood by the back door nervously. “Destroy that jet.” 

 

The seconds counted by in their earpieces.

 

“3… 2… 1…”

 

The women shared a brief smile, before they ran forwards down the opening ramp at the back of the vessel.

 

The wind whipped through their hair marvelously as they propelled downwards, stopping a few meters above their target.

 

“.” Yoona cursed as her belt strap snapped open from the force of her freefall. Her right arm snapped up and grabbed onto the rope just before she fell.  

 

One of the trackers fell from her grasp as she tried to get a better grip on the rope, and just like that they were down to three chances.

 

The AI swung herself sideways slightly, waiting for the perfect moment to be above the center of the ship. 

 

“Target missed.” Eunjung spoke through her earpiece, and within seconds she was being hoisted up and back into the plane. “It’s up to you now Hyejeong.” 

 

The younger woman blocked out the noise and focused her gaze on the tracker in her hand. 

 

Hyejeong’s arm started to swing back and f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter