Chapter 17

A Beam Of Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slightly shorter chapter (apologies). Enjoy it (:

“Taeyeon. We need to go!” Yoona shrieked, punching the dome she was in with all her strength. “Let me out Taeyeon! They’re going to come back and kill us!”

 

Yoona was screaming in frustration, but Taeyeon didn’t budge.

 

The dome the major had locked them both in stood stronger than anything she’d ever made before. The older sister simply dropped to her knees in disbelief.

 

“No one is going to come and kill us Yoona.” She whispered, so quietly that the blonde barely heard.

“What the is wrong with you?” She yelled, firing shot after shot at the barrier. “Whoever killed them is going to comeback and kill us! Don’t you understand?”

“How many bullets are in your gun?”
 

Yoona stared in disbelief.

 

“I have six bullets missing.” Taeyeon continued. “How many Yoona?”

“Six.” Yoona replied, counting through her magazine.

“Twelve bullets.” Taeyeon muttered, not baring to look at her sister’s face as the realisation hit her.

 

Yoona’s hesitant gaze grew watery, as she observed the twelve bodies on the floor.

 

“We didn’t.” She tried to convince herself; failing to do so - the dejected look on Taeyeon’s face spoke more than any words could in that moment.

“I don’t know what happened - but we did. We’re not leaving here, I don’t want to hurt anyone else.”

 

“Yuri?” Seohyun shouted, knocking desperately on the General’s door. A sigh sounded from behind the door, and footsteps made their way towards the secretary.

“What is it Seo?” Yuri yawned as she spoke.

“I’m sorry to have woken you.” Seohyun apologized.

“Don’t worry about it, what’s up?”

“You need to come right now. Taeyeon’s team is gone.”

 

Yuri took about thirty seconds to change out of her nightwear and be out the door, closely followed by her assistant who read through a list on her tablet.

 

“Patrol team went out at 0700, due back 0900.”

“Then why are we doing something about it twelve hours after they were supposed to be back?!” Yuri raised her voice.

“They’re our best team! We didn’t think anything was wrong - Taeyeon insisted that we should focus on monitoring other teams instead.”

“So Hyejeong’s gang came and told you?”

Seohyun nodded and Yuri threw open the door with so much force that the handle smashed into the wall, leaving it cracked.

 

“Where’s my chopper?” Yuri asked, full of frustration. “Hyejin?”

“I’m sorry Ma’am, Commander Hyejeong insisted she needed it.”

“Fuel up the fastest one we have.” She turned to Seohyun. “Scramble the alpha jet team, scout the route they took. I want four teams in jeeps on the trail too.”

 

Seohyun walked away, making the relevant calls and in under five minutes, troops poured out of the dorm center and into their assigned vehicles.

 

The jets took of almost instantly, alerting everyone in the base as they screamed down the runway. Yuri placed her earpiece in, waiting for any news as she boarded the chopper along with a few troops.

 

Seohyun joined her, just as the vehicle started to hover off the dusty floor.

“Any news from Hyejeong?” Yuri enquired, trying to stop her heart leaping out of her chest.

Seohyun dipped her head and shook it. “I think they left in a hurry, their earpiece locations are back at their house.”

“I guess we’re going in blind then.”

 

The air was stiff, as all eyes in the fleet stared downwards, looking desperately for any sign of the girls they were looking for.

 

News from the jet teams was sparse, but they managed to spot Hyejeong’s chopper, which lay abandoned by the side of the forest.

“Steer us towards checkpoint three.” Yuri yelled to the driver, before grabbing onto the handle by the door and leaning out daringly. “Where the are you.” She muttered under her breath, giving Seohyun a weak smile as she gave her a comforting embrace.

 

“Have the jet teams circle around. Alert Kahi about the news, put the bases into stealth - we don’t know what the hell is going on so we’re taking no chances.”

 

Sunny woke up groggily, as a siren sounded throughout the camp. She wiped the sleep out of her eyes and pulled out her transmitter, turning it on as she placed it in her ear.

“All teams to perimeter. Code amber.”

 

That was all it took, for her to spring out of bed and run into the hallway, pulling on her boots as she went.

 

“Henry?” She shouted, almost immediately being joined by the man himself and Donghae.

“Any clue what’s going on?” He asked, grabbing a pistol from the kitchen draw as they rushed out the door.

“Taeyeon and Yoona never came back last night.”

“You think they’re in trouble?” Donghae asked, frowning.

“We’re about to find out.”

 

“Eunjung, keep the chopper here.” Hyejeong instructed, attaching a harness to her belt and diving out of the helicopter. The rope lowered her slowly to the ground.

 

She bent down, looking at the red liquid which seeped into the dirt.

“Fresh.” She thought, feeling the wetness between her fingers.

 

She waved a hand up in the air, and felt the belt tighten as she was hoisted back up into the helicopter.

“There’s a lot of blood on the ground, they can’t have gone much further than this.” She informed the girls around her.

“There’s small heat signatures in the forest.” Jiyeon shouted from the cockpit. “Land us over there Jungie.”

 

The girls exited the plane hastily, clutching guns cautiously.

 

“You sure you want to come?” Hyoyeon asked Tiffany and Sooyoung. “We can stay here, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter