Chapter 20

A Beam Of Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ve missed you.” Tiffany said, pulling away from Taeyeon’s lips, breathing heavily.

 

It may have been a new body, but their tender kiss felt exactly the same, eliciting butterflies to swarm in Tiffany’s stomach. Taeyeon’s hand moved to her girlfriend’s hip, gripping it softly.

 

“I told you I’d come back.” She whispered, leaning in to recapture Tiffany’s waiting mouth.

 

She pushed the brunette down until her head lay on the pillow, earning a whine from the girl beneath her as the kiss grew fiery. The AI’s lips pressed hungrily on Tiff’s neck, moving downwards eagerly, spurred on by the low growls of contentment.

 

A tear escaped Tiffany’s eye as she succumbed to pleasurable touches, after weeks of hurt - her heartfelt whole again.

 

“I love you.” Taeyeon spoke inbetween kisses, a smile plastered on her face.

 

Tiffany woke up the next morning fully rested, for the first time since she had arrived at the hidden base.

 

Taeyeon was watching her with a wide smile and a sparkle in her eye.

“Good morning sleepy head.” She teased, watching the cute sight of Tiffany stretching her arms and yawning with wide open.

“I’m going to go shower and get ready.” She informed the AI. “I have some stuff to talk to you about Taetae.”

 

A short shower later, and Tiffany made her way out of the bathroom, drying her hair in a large white towel. Sweatpants hung loosely off her toned legs and she sat down on the bed, pulling out a laptop.

 

“Where did you get that?” Taeyeon gaped.

“Byulyi should know better than to leave me unattended in the lab.” Tiffany smirked, flipping the screen away from the keyboard and starting the device up. “It’s connected to her untraceable web and I taught myself to hack the security mainframe. She won’t even know it’s missing.”

“This new Tiffany is scary.” Taeyeon joked, laying her head of Tiff’s shoulder. “You’re cleverer than me now.”

 

“Tae?” Tiffany spoke with a more serious tone, making the AI sit up with a small frown. She nodded and Tiffany chewed her lip before replying. “I don’t want to see our friends hurt anymore.”

“I don’t either Tiff, but they all know what they signed up for.”

“I’m not saying that…” Tiffany groaned, ignoring her laptop to face Taeyeon. “I want to leave.” She whispered, holding her girlfriend’s hands.

“Why would we leave?”

“I’m not a vulnerability anymore Taeyeon. We can find this leak and get rid of the senate before they even realise we’ve infiltrated them. I don’t want to see any of our friends dead, we can take care of this without risking their safety.”

 

“I don’t want you getting hurt.” She pleaded, trying to change Tiffany’s stubborn mind.

“I’m not going to TaeTae. I’ll be the brains, you’ll be the muscle, we won’t have a problem.”

“Do I have a choice?” Taeyeon smiled weakly.

“No.”

“Okay then, tell me about this crazy plan of yours.”

 

It was late the following night, when the wheels of Tiffany’s scheme were set into motion.

 

Tiffany lay sleeping, as the entire database of Byulyi’s camp was uploaded into her memory.

 

In the long upload time that followed, Taeyeon gathered a plethora of weapons, utilising her power to reflect the light away from her like a cloaking device.

 

By the time she returned, Tiffany was up and typing away.

“You’re back.” She stated, eyes not leaving the LED screen for a second.

“And your eyesight has improved apparently.” Tae joked, placing the bag of weapons on the bed.

“Did you get a suit too?” Tiffany asked, catching the disk that Taeyeon threw to her.

She proceeded to strap her girlfriend into the same suit as hers, pushing her face first down onto the bed and climbing on Taeyeon’s back.

 

“What are you doing?!” Taeyeon shouted, voice muffled by the thick cotton sheets.

“Stay still, I’ll be done in a minute.”

 

Tiffany pulled the jetpack section of the suit clean off. After pulling apart a rifle, she started swapping parts of the gun into the suit, before replacing the flying device.

 

“I’ve covered the exterior of the jetpack in the solar cells from our energy blaster. It’ll convert the sunlight into unlimited energy you can use. The jetpack means it’ll be stored as chemical energy until you need to use it. It’s almost infinite.”

“When did you learn how to do all that?” Taeyeon raised a sceptical eyebrow.

“While I was sleeping five minutes ago.” Tiffany hit back, sticking out her tongue playfully. “Come on TaeTae, we have to get going.” She spoke, grabbing the spare weapons and strapping them to her back.

 

Taeyeon caught the rifle that Tiffany threw at her with a mischievous grin.

 

“How do you plan on getting out of here without anyone knowing?” Taeyeon asked, tightening the straps on her armour and securing it to her petite frame.

“You can make us invisible.” Tiffany replied, nonchalantly. “We’ll take the stealth jet from hangar 204 and I’ll disable the tracking.”

 

Taeyeon shrugged, grabbing her girlfriend’s hand and leading her out the room, making them hidden instantly.

 

Tiffany led the way, checking each corner carefully before turning. Taeyeon still didn’t know her way around the maze, not understanding how Tiffany could tell the difference between each hallway they entered.

 

Footsteps approached from ahead.

 

Tiffany found herself pressed up against the wall quickly, as Taeyeon pushed her, hearing the guard approach just before he turned the corner.

 

Taeyeon didn’t dare move herself for the fear of making a noise, so she remained holding her hands on Tiffany’s hips, flashing a jokey wink as the guard brushed past them - barely missing them in the narrow corridor.

 

Tiffany stood frozen staring at Taeyeon’s lips close to her, until she realised how inappropriate the timing was,knocking herself out of the momentary trance and continuing down the hallway.

 

The first door they entered through was a surprise to Taeyeon.

 

“I didn’t know that this adventure was so tiring we needed a food break!” Taeyeon whispered as Tiffany entered the kitchen, grabbing a bag out of the large walk in fridge and handing Taeyeon a larger one.

“You may not have to eat but I’m going to starve if we run away without any meals Tae.” Tiffany rolled her eyes and placed her finger over her lips, signifying they were abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter