Chapter 11

A Beam Of Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘I think I’m in love with you.’

 

Taeyeon froze.

 

In that moment, her mind cast back to before she ran away.

 

“Taeyeon!”

The blonde turned her head, to face her father who was at the door.

“Yes Dad?” She questioned.

“Your friend is at the door.”

 

She went downstairs, and saw a girl waiting by the stairs.

“Hey Sunmi.” She greeted, pulling on her shoes and saying goodbye to her parents before she walked out the door.

 

“Taeyeon.” Sunmi spoke, once they were inside of her house. It was a small space, on the shiftier side of the city. Sunmi pushed Taeyeon onto the sofa, moving to straddle her.

 

Taeyeon tried to push her away as she started to kiss her neck.

“Can we talk?” She asked, stopping Sunmi by placing a hand on her shoulder.

“What about?” Sunmi pouted.

“Us… I don’t know.”

 

Sunmi just stared, waiting for Taeyeon to continue speaking.

 

“I just, feel like we’ve been together for a while now. And-”

“I’ve told you before Taeyeon, we can’t get serious about this.”

“But I’m in love with you Sunmi!”

 

The girl hastily jumped off Taeyeon’s lap and sighed.

 

“You’re not in love with me Taeyeon.”

“How do you know what I’m feeling?”

“Because I know how easy it is to throw yourself at the first person you share intimacy with, but it isn’t real. We barely know each other.”

 

Taeyeon stayed seated, looking dejected.

 

“I’m sorry Tae. I wish it was different, but I don’t even have feelings for you.”

 

Even though Taeyeon had already known what Sunmi had just admitted, it didn’t hurt her any less. Taeyeon had seeked companionship, and Sunmi had provided - she hadn’t expected that she would end up falling for her.

 

“Let’s just forget I said all this okay?” Taeyeon suggested, smiling sadly. Sunmi nodded, and leaned down to peck the smaller girl on the cheek, before pulling her into the bedroom.

 

“Kim Taeyeon!” Her mother screamed as soon as she opened the front door. “Where the hell have you been? It’s passed curfew!”

“I’m sorry Mum.” She sighed, taking off her coat and placing it on a hanger. “I didn’t realise how late it was.”

 

She felt her hair get brushed off of her shoulders and a forceful hand grab her neck.

 

“What the is this bruise?”

 

Uh oh…

 

“It’s nothing Mum.” Taeyeon tried to dismiss her question, and walk away.

“Do not walk away from me when I’m speaking to you.” She was warned, feeling the hand on her neck increase the pressure in its hold.

 

“Do you think I’m stupid Taeyeon? Who have you been messing around with?”

“Noone Mother.” She moved her gaze to the floor.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you!” Mrs Kim yelled, causing her husband to wake up.

 

“What’s going on?” He asked, walking down the stairs.

“She’s been sleeping with someone, look at her neck.”

“Mum I told you-”

 

A swift slap landed on her cheek.

 

“Don’t talk back to your mother Taeyeon.” Her father warned. She held her cheek and winced at the pain. Tears began streaming down her face and she stormed back out the front door, ignoring the shouts resounding behind her.

 

She didn’t care about the curfew, and just avoided the guard stations positioned around the village. She rapped her knuckles on a door, and waited patiently for it to open, listening to the shuffling inside.

 

“Back for more already?” Sunmi smirked, opening the door and letting Taeyeon in.

 

It was the next morning, when Taeyeon woke up in Sunmi’s bed. The other girl was sitting up against the headboard, taking a deep puff of a joint.

“, what time is it?” Taeyeon asked, taking her clothes off of the floor and putting them on.

“Around 11.”

“My parents are going to kill me.” She cursed, pulling on her shirt and trying to smooth down her hair in the mirror. “I’ll see you soon.”

 

When she opened Sunmi’s door, it looked like the whole Amity guard division was waiting for her. Her parents stood across the street, their arms crossed and brows furrowed.

 

“Get inside now.” Her Father commanded, pushing her into a police vehicle.

 

The drive back was silent, apart from the hum of the engine. Her parents didn’t even dare look at her and Taeyeon knew this was bad.

 

When they got in the house, she felt herself get shoved into the wall.

“We did not raise you like this Kim Taeyeon.” Her mother spoke between cries. “Sleeping with a is bad enough, but a woman?”

 

Her mother looked pale at the realisation that her daughter was gay. She grabbed Taeyeon by the collar of her shirt, and pushed her into the wall once again, smashing her head off the brick.

 

Taeyeon cried out in pain as she fell to the floor. The blow to her head left her feeling nauseous.

 

Her Dad pulle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter