Chapter 23

A Beam Of Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Well... Hi there! It's been 2 year I guess since I last updated - and I am so so sorry... I guess I just fell out of love with this project but I'm back! I reread the entire story and oh god, my writing style has changed so much. I will be finishing this story in the upcoming months I hope before I start university. Please do let me know what you think of this chapter IF any of you are still actually reading... Reading your comments back in the day really motivated me with this story, and I hope that can happen again.

ANYWAY

Without further ado, I give you chapter 23. <3

 

Hyejeong plummeted to the ground.

 

Her hands reached up the sky in desperation, praying that she’d find the means to save her life before she hit the rapidly approaching rocks.

 

The team on the ship watched her fall, their hearts leaping into their throats as their leader left them behind. 

 

Yoona launched herself out of the plane after Hyejeong, angling her body downwards to try and catch up, right as the other plane blew to pieces ahead of them.

 

The surface grew more and more detailed at an alarming rate, but Yoona was still making her way downwards, trying to get within helping distance. 

 

It would be seconds before the renowned resistance fighter became a red smudge in the scenery, when Yoona’s palm shot out and tangled Hyejeong in a lasso, letting the AI pulled them further together.

 

Yoona grabbed her shoulders once they were close enough, pulling Hyejeong on top of her and shielding her with the energy she could provide as they crashed into the tough earth.

 

The force propelled them further down, leaving them in a deep hole beneath the surface.

 

Yoona suffered no damage; the same couldn’t be said for her passenger.

 

Hyejeong’s skin was a mangled mess, with vast cuts spreading over all of her exposed and clothed flesh. Dirt and debris filled the gashes, making the blood oozing out of them stained black. 

 

The leader was unconscious, with uneven breathing knocking Yoona out of her trance.


The blonde clawed her way out of the cavern they had made in the impact and moved onto solid terrain, laying the brunette carefully on the soil.

 

“She’s survived but needs medical help, please hurry.” She spoke to Yuri in the intercom, turning the device off and focusing on how to save the dying woman.

 

She formed a compression of light over her body, stopping the blood from seeping out of the wounds further then they already had, waiting for help with desperation.

 

Yuri spun the ship, diving downwards to land near Yoona. She ignored Seolhyun’s screams from the passenger area and focused her energy on the sharp landing.

 

The ship hurtled almost vertically downwards and Yuri held her breath, pulling the yoke fully backwards and praying that they wouldn’t hit the ground. 

 

The wing of the plane skimmed the surface, creating a wave of sparks before the wheels touched the earth and the General held onto the brakes desperately. 

 

If she had any time to spare, she could have breathed a sigh of relief, but from the moment they had touched the ground she shot up, running through to the doors of the plane. 

 

Seolhyun already lay by her lover’s side, burying her sobbing face into Hyejeong’s stomach. 

 

“Seol.” Yuri spoke with authority, sensing the desperation of the situation. The young girl moved out of the way instantly, wiping her eyes. She trusted the General.

 

“Yoona, carry her inside.” Yuri instructed, running back into the plane. 

 

She opened a floor panel and instructed the AI to lay the wounded soldier in the space she had opened up. A box formed around her instantly, sealing Hyejeong off while the computer system placed her into an induced coma.

 

The team piled back onto the ship with tears in their eyes. No one said anything as Yuri took off with more speed than they realised the jet was capable of. 

 

Yoona sat with Seolhyun in her arms as the young girl’s eyes started to dry up. 

“She’ll be okay.” Yoona spoke with little conviction, knowing there was a small chance of their Commander surviving, let alone returning to normal.



 

Taeyeon took her place alongside Tiffany at the head of the table. 

 

The setting seemed too surreal - after months of being pawns in the Resistance they’d made it to the very top. 

 

The AI surveyed every face in the room and shuddered. Around her were individuals with the power to end the war in a matter of weeks; or the power to destroy the Resistance permanently. 

 

“My name is Major Kim of the Resistance and this is my partner Tiffany. We know very little of the conditions regarding Mihye’s capture but I know we can complete this mission easily.”

 

The group took their seats, and all heads turned towards Senator Lee Chaerin at the other end of the mahogany desk.

 

Taeny had been surprised to see her face amongst the rebels; with good reason. There were five senior council seat holders who were notorious for their role as the main leaders of the entire Senate.

 

Knowing Chaerin was on their side slightly terrified them, yet flared their passion to get Mihye out of prison. With such a powerful woman on their side, there would be no surprises to sabotage their plans.

 

“Thank you for agreeing to help us girls.” CL spoke, placing her black pinstripe blazer on the back of her chair. “Mihye is a crucial gear in ending this and from our research, there’s no group more qualified than you for breaking her out.”

 

“We’re happy to help Ma’am.” Tiffany spoke politely, with an excited smile. 

 

“Shall we get to work then?” 


 

Taeyeon and Tiffany sat patiently, waiting for their car to stop.

 

Disguised as bodyguards, they accompanied CL as she made her way into the secure prison, getting them easily past the first line of defence. 

 

The bright lights from flashing cameras temporarily blinded the couple as they stepped out of the vehicle, acting how CL would usually want from her protection squad.

 

Taeyeon marched to the side door and opened to let her out, covering her head as a precautionary measure while they escorted Chaerin inside and away from the press. 

 

The hats and sunglasses hid their identities perfectly and the armed doormen stepped aside instantaneously. 

 

The building they entered was classified as a Government meeting space, shielding the harsh reality of the torturous prison that lay beneath the soil.

 

"Chaerin!" A booming voice called, followed by a musclucar military woman. She held out her tanned hand, shaking the Senator's own. 

"Fareeha." CL nodded, a slight smile present on her lips. "How's she doing?" She asked and an evil grin washed ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter