Chapter two

Temptation, Ignorance

     In high school, the fugitive crushes she harbored had never ended well. That's not to say things ever ended badly; no it was never that interesting. It would always start as friendly conversation, then it would grow into something more. Daisies sprouting up from dull brown.

     For weeks and sometimes months, things would be good. Never anything beyond that because a relationship needed nurturing; it was a two person job. As the days mounted, things would slow. And when she realized that this was the full potential of whatever they were doing- or had been rejected- she faded away. She always left; those relationships had wilted far beyond her capabilities. 

     Seungwan had never meant to be cold. She figured that if someone didn't want her time there wasn't a need to give it to them. Ignoring past interests had never been something she had set out to do; it's just that she wanted to talk to them less... Less had just become nothing at all.

     It was all or nothing, black and white. No stress. At least that was supposed to be the case. High school had been easy, the worst of it was only a few awkward months and then she wouldn't have to see them again. But she couldn't get away from Irene.

     Seungwan was no stranger to rejection. Those small let downs had paled in comparison to the gut wrenching turmoil that was brought on by Irene. She would have thought that she was over this.

     That night had effected her more than she could care to admit. For months afterward, she had rarely spoken more than a sentence at a time to everyone. The caring Wendy that everyone had grown to know had entered the void, leaving an impostor. 

     The funny thing about black holes was that they pulled everything in its path, they were destructive forces barely comprehensible by the average person, obscuring all light it came in contact with. It consumed, never stopping, never to be filled by any amount of matter. In fact, the more matter it condensed, the stronger it became.

     Seungwan could feel herself slipping away. Part of her trying to fill that abyss with anything that she could find, but being sacrificed all at the same time. It was a dizzying cyclone of feelings, thoughts, and destructive tendencies. She knew it too. She could feel it in her bones, in her mind, she tried to desperately soothe her sun scorched flesh. Irene was not the moon. No, she was much brighter. A brilliant star, scorching, utterly beautiful, and dangerous.

---------

    The devil duo had dragged all of them out to a fancy club. Something about "lifting the oppressive air in the group." All of these lights and the thumping base was starting to give her a headache. These people weren't young adults, the were animals. The stench of alcohol permeated the air, mingling with sweat and too much perfume. Not the type of place she would usually like to spend a Saturday night.

"Okay unnies, let's get you some drinks and go dancing!" Joy had somehow managed to put a rather bright pink drink in each of their hands. Seulgi had already started to sway to the beat, sipping ocassionally on the cocktail. Irene merely stared at it as if it were deadly acid, preferring to set it on the bar they were currently huddled around.

    Seungwan inspected it for a moment; she had never been much of a drinker, but she had the uncanny urge to partake in it tonight. She might as well, if only to stop thinking about rosy lips and delicious moans. One. Two. Three. Down. Seungwan had drank the contents of the tall glass like a shot. Four pairs of eyes stared, some shocked and others b with excitement. Tired of feeling like a spectical, she asked, "what?"

     The others responded in varying states of amazed. All except their leader. "Wendy, I've never seen you drink." The girl in question could taste the confusion, or maybe it was the vodka.

"We're at a club. Are you going to drink?" At the stunned shake of Irene's head, she plucked up the oldest's drink. It was gone in seconds. "Well that's great, unnie. Someone needs to be the responsible one." Tonight was about her, she want going to worry about anyone's feelings. She could deal with it all tomorrow.

She broke away from Irene's piercing gaze, letting the crowd swallow her up. Soon enough there was a pretty woman in sight. She wanted to dance with whoever that girl was. She made her way over, "hey! Wanna dance?" A muted yes was all Seungwan heard. It started off relatively innocent, but with liquid courage it didn't last long. Hands buried in her hair, the woman's grinding against her front. It was all too hot. 

     She turned this nameless face around, wanting to really see who could make her feel like this again. Feel anything. The woman leaned forward, now pressing against her leg, "my name is Rose, nice to meet you."

     Seungwan grinned, sharp, pearly teeth on full display, "Wendy. Nice to meet you too." hands shaped over the red head's , pulling her impossibly closer. She was rewarded with a feminine moan. 

     From afar, the rest of Red Velvet watched. "Wow I didn't know the snowman had it in her."

     Irene watched silently, her chest felt heavy. Sadly, no one else noticed. Seulgi, obviously tipsy, bounced up an down. "That's probably the most she's spoken to anyone in months! My little baby is all grown up." Seulgi shuffled on the spot, disgracing her reputation as a dancer. "Woo and look at her go. Go get her, tiger."

     Irene's tolerance slipped through her fingers. "What does she thing she'd doing? What kind of example is she setting for Yeri? I've got to go stop her from... From whatever she is doing!" The leader was ready for an all out brawl with this woman, she stepped forward to end this embarrassing display. A strong hand wrapped around her arm, bringing her in close. She could feel the person bend down.

"Unnie, let Wendy have her fun. From what I understand, you of all people shouldn't be stopping her. Wendy can handle herself."

     And like that, all of the fight had left her veins. Despair curled around her neck and shame scorched her face. Joy was right. It wasn't her place to drag Wendy back to her side, selfishly knowing that she couldn't give her what she wanted. That didn't mean that she felt nothing at all. The only thing left now was pain; for who she didn't know.

------------------

Heavily unedited on this chapter so sorry about that, but look its an update. On a side note; I realized that there are some subs on here that have been following my stories from the beginning and wow to you guys. That's wild my dudes. Thanks for reading the equivalent of posts that I call chapters.