Halloween

Blood: A Vampire's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BLOOD: A Vampire's Tale

➴ Chapter Eight

 ✥ ✥ ✥ 

 

The only tree near the cliff lifted its branches to the blue skies as if its very presence was enough to command the daylight and the cool wind to fall its gingko leaves. Its bark shone like the right kind of sparkling gold, it was no wonder that the tree is where Jaejoong always went when his mind needed to recharge from his unsure thoughts. He was leaning his back comfortably against the tree while his eyes were closed. His been like that ever since he came back from wandering around last night.

 

The humming birds were singing softly above the tree branch making it tweeting sounds a music from his ear which somehow help him calm his uneasy feeling…

 

“Hyung~!”

 

A voice of junsu has been heard, making him open his eyes slowly but stayed from where he was sitting…

 

“I knew you were here. As always.” Junsu said, now standing in front of him. “Where have you been? Did you went to hunt last night? We’ve been looking for you.”

 

Jaejoong eyes narrowed a little when a gingko leaf suddenly fell straight into his palm. He took it and stare at it…

 

“I went to visit my threat.” He uttered huskily, while twirling the leaf  with his thumb and index fingers. “She seems so clueless.”

 

“Y-You went to that human house? But hyung that’s dangerous.”

 

“I feel like, i’m even more dangerous for her. It doesn’t feel like she’s really a threat for me. She’s so vulnerable and actually she’s not even afraid of me.”

 

“Wait a minute.” Junsu paused, trying to process everything. “Did you tell her? Does she knows?”

 

The light breeze touches the leaves and they dance along rhythmically. Jaejoong had stood up from sitting down and dropped the leaf he’s holding before he turned and seriously look at junsu.

 

“No she didn’t. And i’m not planning on telling her.” He simply said before lifting his head and smell the cool fresh air.

 

“It sounds like you’ll continue on meeting her.” Yoochun suddenly interrupted. “What are you doing jaejoong-a? You already told us, that she had the mark of the last deity which makes her an enemy.”

 

“I know. But its just so weird, i just feel like i need to be with her. It might sound so insane specially that, i’ve never been this encounter a human this close before. And from the incident, the scent of her blood suddenly became so different…” He look at them. “…it doesn’t call for a thirst that could trigger every vampire around.”

 

“You’re just confused because you still have the blood of a deity in you. So no matter what you say, she still a threat for us or most specially for you. The third silver moon is nearing jaejoong-a and once you complete that ritual all those beliefs, uneasy thoughts and feelings you’ve been having now will be gone. That remaining blood of deity on your veins will be gone forever. And for sure when that time happens, you’ll only look at her as one of your food.” Yoochun eagerly explained to him. “So stop that now before its not too late. Don’t start a fire that you can’t extinguish once it became big.”

 

Jaejoong lightly knitted his brows, not sure if he’s getting what yooochun was saying…

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter