Chapter Six

The Possession 2

“Are you going to be okay?”

Hoseok peered at Namjoon from under the covers. “Yeah…”

For the past week Hoseok had been holed up in their dorm. He was barely going to classes and had even taken a break from dancing. While Namjoon was understanding that Hoseok needed the break, he couldn’t help feel sympathetic at his friend’s misery.

Yoongi constantly bombarding them both with text messages wasn’t helping either. It had gotten to the point where they had to turn off their phones.

“I’m finally going to go talk with Jin hyung.” Namjoon said in an attempt to cheer him up.

Hoseok flashed the smallest hint of a smile and nodded. “Good.”

“Do you want anything while I’m out?”

“Maybe some cookie dough?” Hoseok looked at him with hopeful eyes.

Namjoon grimaced. “That’s going to give you salmonella.”

Hoseok’s face fell.

“But I’ll get you some cookie dough ice cream, how about that?” Namjoon quickly said.

Hoseok nodded in response then pulled the covers back over himself, returning to his self-isolation.


Jin greeted Namjoon with a firm hug and Namjoon felt the guilt begin to bubble in his stomach.

“Is Yoongi here?” He asked, purposely delaying the conversation he had to have with him.

“No I haven’t seen him all week.” Jin replied taking a seat on the couch and motioning Namjoon to sit beside him. “He better be with Hoseok.”

“Oh, so you haven’t heard yet.”

“Heard what?” Jin’s almond eyes narrowed at Namjoon.

“Uh…” Namjoon fidgeted.

“Namjoon please tell me or I’ll choke it out Yoongi.”

“I mean...” Namjoon sighed. “I guess you’ve been busy and Yoongi hyung isn’t very talkative…”

“Spit it out.”

“Hoseok broke up with Yoongi.”

Brief surprised flashed in the older man’s eyes before he fell into a calm expression. “I can’t say I blame him...God Yoongi must be awful…”

“You took this well.” Namjoon had figured Jin would be devastated about his two friends. Instead he seemed understanding. Too understanding.

“I mean Yoongi never had time for him and you know Hoseok, there was some insecurities that Yoongi couldn’t help him through.”

“What about us?” The words escaped Namjoon before he could think.

Jin cocked his head to the side. “What about us?”

“I…”

“We’re not like Yoongi and Hoseok.” Jin smiled, then frowned when Namjoon didn’t say anything.

“I…”

“We talked about this!” Jin stood up. “You understood, you said you understood!”

“I…” Namjoon looked at the ground, shame and guilt burning his skin. “Lied.”

Jin stood still, his eyes wide.

“I said I understood because I wanted to be mature but…” Namjoon trailed off, all his emotions finally bursting into one single emotion--remorse.

He had kept quiet and endured being away from Jin for over a year, but he couldn’t ignore the ache in his heart when weeks would pass without the sight of him or the envy burrowed in his gut at the sight of Jimin and Taehyung’s open displays of affection.

He missed Jin.

More than he thought.

“Joonie…” Jin pulled him into a hug. His shoulders and arms encasing him in a warm shell. Namjoon crumbled into him.

“I’m so sorry hyung.” He sobbed.

“Sh, it's okay.”

“I want to be this cool, mature guy but...I’m weak hyung. It’s hard not to see you.”

“Joonie, why didn’t you tell me?”

“I don’t want you to see me like this.” Namjoon wiped at his eyes. “Crying like a baby…”

Jin smiled and wiped at Namjoon’s face with his sweater paw. “But you are a baby. A total baby boy.”

Namjoon smiled then winced. “Hyung...I messed up.”

“Why do you say that?”

“I acted stupid and I missed you and I got drunk and I kissed Hoseok.”

Jin pulled away. His face suddenly serious. “When?”

“A week or so ago.”

“Is that why Hoseok broke it off?”

“No.”

“Do you like Hoseok?” Jin raised his eyebrows.

“As a friend.”

“Okay.”

“Hyung are you mad?” Namjoon pried. “Are we going to break up too?”

Jin turned and Namjoon walked around to peer into his face.

“Hyung?”

Jin was crying.

Namjoon couldn’t remember the last time he had seen him cry. Jin was always so level-headed. To see him cry shocked Namjoon to the core.

“Hyung? I’m so sorry! Hyung are you okay?! I’m a horrible person, I know--I’m so sorry! Hit me if you want. Yell at me please!”

Jin kept crying with his shoulders shaking and his head bowed.

“Jin…”

Jin reached out for Namjoon and it was the younger man’s turn to envelop him in a hug. Jin buried his face into the crook of Namjoon’s neck and he could feel the warm tears his boyfriend shed.

 Hyung. ”  

Jin pulled away and wiped at his eyes. “I should have been a better partner.”

“You’re an amazing partner, hyung. It was me who couldn’t speak up. I did this.”

“But I should have asked more. I was so confident we were the greatest couple, that we could never have problems.”

“And I let you down.” Namjoon replied sadly.

“No I did.” Jin shook his head. “There’s nothing cool about repressing your feelings.”

“So you’re not mad about the kiss?” Namjoon had the nerve to ask.

“Who made the move?” Jin demanded.

“Well, Hoseok did. He was crying and I was hugging him and he just...I mean I didn’t exactly pull away fast...I’m sorry.” Namjoon ducked his head.

Jin sighed. “I’m not mad, I’m more disappointed. I wish you wouldn’t have let him and I wish you would have told me right away.”

“I wish I wouldn’t have let him either.”

“I guess we’re fine then.” Jin gave the ghost of a smile.

“You’re not going to break up with me tomorrow are you?”

“I should ask you that.” Jin countered.

“No way.” Namjoon clung to him. He inhaled the honey almond scent of his skin. No way, he would ever consider breaking up with him.

I love him too much. Namjoon realized.

“You’re such a baby. I can’t believe you never noticed.” Jin chuckled, ruffling Namjoon’s hair.

Namjoon felt his ears grow hot in embarrassment but he held onto Jin. Yes maybe, he was a bit of a baby, but if Jin still loved him then it was okay.


They ended up cuddling for the night and just as Namjoon was enjoying the waves of sleeping pulling him in, he was pulled back to reality. His phone vibrated loudly making him sit up.

It was a series of texts from Hoseok, Taehyung and Jimin.

He read the latest one from Taehyung.

Hyung.

Jungkook has been visiting the old house.

“What the…”

Jin roused. “What is it?”

Namjoon showed him the text.

“Jungkook…” Jin whispered, exchanging a worried glance with Namjoon.