Chapter Four

The Possession 2

“Hyung?”

Yoongi glanced at Taehyung with teary, red eyes, before getting into his car and turning it on.

Taehyung watched as Yoongi screeched off and left the dorm parking lot faster than he ever thought possible.

What happened to him?

He walked to his dorm and once he closed the door behind him, he explained what he had seen to Jimin and Jungkook.

Jimin had been laying in bed watching TV and practically flew off at the news. “I knew something was going on!”

“Between Namjoon and Hoseok?” Taehyung raised an eyebrow.

“Why else would Yoongi hyung be crying in the parking lot?”

“What?” Jungkook had barely decided to take off his earphones to listen and looked confused between the two of them.

“You’re never here, Jeon Jungkook.” Jimin rolled his eyes. “Try to keep up.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes back.

“Let’s go confront them!”

“We shouldn’t.” Taehyung placed a hand on Jimin’s shoulder. While he loved his boyfriend so much he felt he couldn’t contain it, he did realize he had faults. And one of them was being nosy.  

Jimin always had to know what everyone was doing at all times. Taehyung suggested he put that into journalism or a paparazzi career,  but Jimin had said he’d rather be a dancer people would want to know everything about.

That sort of confidence had definitely been inherited from Jin, but it was good. Jimin had always been his harshest critic before.

“Come on.” Jimin whined. He grabbed Taehyung’s hand off his shoulder and tugged it. Taehyung watched his small hand wrap around his own big one and his firm stance broke.

“Okay.” He smiled up at Jimin, watching as Jimin’s face broke into a smile that made his eyes squish closed.

A lot of his friends seemed to tell him he was in the honeymoon phase of his relationship, that soon this wave of blissful joy would fade and reality would kick in.

But as long as Jimin kept smiling at him that way, he felt like he’d never come down to reality.

“Jungkook!” Jimin called as they headed out the door.

“Nah, it’s not my business.”

“What?! This affects the group dynamics!” Jimin gaped at him, as if not believing the boy was so calm in bed.

“Hyung we aren’t a group anymore. Everyone for themselves.” Jungkook replied, putting back his earphones. His tone had been so serious, Jimin and Taehyung exchanged a glance.

“Whatever.” Jimin muttered then pulled Taehyung out the door.


 Hoseok opened the door with swollen tired eyes.

“Hyung you okay?” Jimin asked softly. Taehyung knew he typically left that voice for scared animals and children, because of its calming effect. Hoseok seemed crumple immediately, his shoulders sagging and his mouth drooping into a familiar triangle.

“No.”

“I saw Yoongi crying in the parking lot.” Taehyung said.

Hoseok sighed.

“What’s happening?” Jimin reached for his shoulder.

“Can I sleep with you guys?” Hoseok ignored the question, his eyes pleading to Taehyung.

At one point Hoseok’s eyes had been Taehyung’s kryptonite, whenever the older man had so much as cast him a glance, it had him like a puddle, leaving Jimin to scoop him back up. Now it was his scooper that made him melt, but he couldn’t help the small twinge whenever Hoseok needed him.

He still cared about him as a good hyung and he hated to see him so distressed.

“Of course hyung.” He replied, feeling Jimin’s annoyed gaze on him.

Jimin had probably planned to exchange a night with them for more information and now Taehyung had ruined that deal.

Taehyung made sure to peck an apologetic kiss on Jimin’s cheek as they made their way back to their dorm for the night.

Jimin smiled.

When they entered their room, Jungkook was gone.

“He sure likes to party.” Hoseok commented.

“Yeah.” Jimin replied, his eyebrows furrowed. He and Taehyung exchanged glances.

Jungkook always seemed to be gone nowadays. At first it had been understandable, study groups, the library, a party with fellow classmates--but now it was too much. And he hadn’t been bothering with excuses anymore. Taehyung and Jimin just seemed to blink and he was gone.

Taehyung wondered if there was something more going on. An after effect of the possession?

Was this like the sleepwalking thing?

Whatever it was it had him worried.


 “I feel so bad for Yoongi and Hoseok hyung.” Jimin said as he and Taehyung were getting lunch the next day.

“Yeah,” Taehyung agreed. “I thought their love was strong.”

Jimin put down a forkful of salad and sighed. “Taehyung, I been thinking…”

Taehyung paused in the squeezing of ranch onto his french fries and looked up. He analyzed Jimin’s expression. It seemed a bit down, not a good sign.

An alarm seemed to go off in his head and his thoughts began to race.

What did I do wrong?

Did I forgot to text him enough I love you’s? No, ten seems enough. Damnit maybe I should have gone for fifteen just to be sure.

Is it our anniversary? No, or else Jin hyung would have bragged about his gift since we all seem to have the same anniversary month…

What is it?!

“Taehyung?”

Taehyung jumped. “Eh?”

Jimin smiled grimly. “I said...I want to do it. 

“What?” He squawked. “B-But I thought you wanted to wait until marriage?”

“If we end up like Hoseok and Yoongi then I want to have at least done that with someone I trusted and loved like a best friend.” Jimin explained.

Taehyung couldn’t believe it.  All the rules and restrictions that Jimin had set. All the frustration and wanting. All of the research Taehyung had put into staying celibate. He had even started to believe in it, finding it beautiful that Jimin wanted them to be united in life before in body.

Now he wanted to do it?

“No Jimin.” Taehyung found himself saying much to Jimin’s surprise. “I don’t want it like this.”

“But…”

He knew what he had to do.

“Let’s get married.”

“Taehyung!” Jimin gasped.

“I’m serious, Jimin. Let’s do it right.”

“What are you saying?” Jimin’s eyes were wide.

Taehyung could feel his heart beating like a drum to a steady rhythm as he got out of his chair and got on his knee. Jimin’s confused face morphed into a face of shock. It was beautiful, he was beautiful.  And Taehyung had never been more sure.

“Will you marry me Park Jimin?”

Jimin looked down at him and Taehyung could see his whole face light up. Before, Hoseok used to be like the sun in Taehyung’s eyes. Bright, but hard to look at. And ultimately, not for him.

Jimin on the other hand was the beautiful moon. Also bright, but Taehyung could stare at it all he liked. And, oh, how he loved to stare at it.

Now that beautiful moonchild jumped on him, nearly knocking him over. Taehyung stood and carried him, kissing him deeply.

“You guys seem happy and gross.” Hoseok, Taehyung’s metaphorical sun, called.

“We’re getting married.” Taehyung couldn’t stop the smile that escaped him.

Hoseok looked stunned. “What?!”

“We’re engaged now!” Jimin squeaked.

Hoseok’s eyes were practically bulging out of his sockets, but Taehyung glanced down at Jimin who smiled up at him and everything was right with the world.


 Friday crept up and Taehyung found himself alongside Jimin and Jungkook, knocking on Jin and Yoongi’s apartment door.

Jin answered it with a wide smile. “Hey guys!”

“Hey hyung.” Jimin tried to feign enthusiasm.

“Is Yoongi hyung here?” Taehyung asked, wondering if the older man had been alright since he’d last seen him.

Jin nodded. “Yeah he’s on the couch.”

“Where’s Namjoon and Hoseok hyung?” Jimin wondered. Taehyung knew Jimin was up to his investigating again.

“Getting the beer.” Jin replied, oblivious.

“Alone?” Jimin pressed.

“Huh?”

“So, what movie are we watching?” Taehyung cut in.

“Hm, I’m not sure. Let me go consult with Yoongi.” Jin smiled and headed towards the living room.

“Jimin, it’s not our place to say things!” Taehyung hissed, once Jin had left.

“Well something obviously happened.” Jimin hissed back.

“Hyung let them be.” Jungkook spoke up.

Jimin pouted, as he realized he was opposed two to one.

Jungkook gave him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder than left toward the living room.

“Come on.” Taehyung gave him a kiss on the nose. “We have things to say ourselves too.”

Jimin beamed. “Okay Tae.”

When Namjoon and Hoseok arrived back to the apartment, they all settled down in the living room.  Namjoon, Jin and Yoongi took to the bigger couch and Taehyung and Jimin took the smaller couch. Hoseok and Jungkook settled for the floor with blankets and pillows.

Taehyung noticed that Hoseok seemed to be avoiding Yoongi’s direction and Yoongi seemed to be uninterested, well more uninterested than usual.

As the movie played, Taehyung couldn’t stop looking at the way Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi behaved. Jimin was right, something had happened.


 The movie ended and Jin let out a sigh.

“That was good.”

“Told you.” Yoongi smirked.

Jin gave him a playful jab of the elbow and turned to the group. “You guys want to see anything else?”

Hoseok sat up and stretched. “Actually I think I’m calling it a night.”

“What? Hoseok!” Jin exclaimed. “That doesn’t sound like you! Yoongi, get your ‘soul partner’ to stay!”

Everyone seemed to wince at that.

Yoongi looked up at Hoseok. “Stay.” He said in the flattest tone.

Hoseok looked away, uncomfortable.

“Hey guys.” Taehyung cut in, yet again. “We…” He grabbed Jimin’s hand and they stood up.

Hoseok looked at him in relief.

“We have something to say.” He announced.

Everyone turned to him, expectant.

“We’re getting married!” Jimin shouted, before Taehyung could say any more. Taehyung turned to him and smiled.

“What?!” Jin shouted back.

Namjoon, Yoongi and Jungkook looked stunned while Hoseok shook his head with a small smile playing on his lips.

“We haven’t set a date yet.”

“You haven’t gotten a ring yet either.” Jin remarked.

“Well it was kind of sudden…” Jimin said, giddy.

“No .” Yoongi muttered.

Jimin gave him a glare.

“I thought you guys would be happy for us.” Taehyung looked through the group, finding most of them looking uneasy.

“Are you guys for real?” Yoongi blurted out.

“Are you for real?” Jimin retorted.

“Huh?”

“Some of us would like to stay committed. And some of us would like to deepen our relationships, not destroy them.” Jimin said, eyeing Yoongi.

“Well some of us didn’t have a choice.” Yoongi replied.

“Oh I see, blame the person rather than the cause behind the person’s actions.” Hoseok glared at Yoongi.

“If the cause was happening to me , I wouldn’t have cheated!” Yoongi snapped.

Namjoon looked at Yoongi and Hoseok nervously. “I wouldn’t exactly call it cheating…”

“Says the other culprit.” Yoongi spat.

Namjoon shut his mouth and looked away.

“Leave him out of it!” Hoseok towered over Yoongi.

“Hyungs please!” Taehyung went to stand in between them.

“What is going on?” Jin stood up looking at all of them in confusion. He seemed to be the only one who didn’t have a clue.

“You all , that’s what’s happening!” Jimin yelled. “Come on Tae, Jungkook.”

Jungkook got up and followed behind with a shrug. Taehyung let Jimin lean on his shoulder, his poor love was near tears.

“Wow, you guys really getting married?” Jungkook asked as they made it out the door and to the crisp night air.

“Yes.” Jimin seemed to cheer up at the mention of the wedding. “And as the man of honor, you must help us prepare.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes at his title. “Fine.”

Taehyung threw an arm around him and nuzzled his head. Jimin pinched his cheek.

“He’s so cute.” Taehyung smiled.

“We should adopt him after our wedding.” Jimin added.

“We’ll be great parents.”

“Please stop.” Jungkook groaned and Taehyung and Jimin laughed.


The next day, Jimin flounced into the dorm with wedding invitations, as if nothing had happened. He took his rightful seat on Taehyung’s lap and showed them to Jungkook.

“What do you think, white with gold trim or black with gold?”

Jungkook glanced at them, for half a second, then looked back to his phone. “Hyung, you guys haven’t even set a date.”

Jimin huffed.

“I like both.” Taehyung offered.

“You guys are useless!” Jimin whined. He wriggled in Taehyung’s lap and the man attempted to think of anything else but the curve of Jimin’s on his crotch. “I’ll just go ask Jin hyung.”

“After what happened last night?” Jungkook raised his eyebrows.

Jimin stood up and Taehyung let out a breath of relief.

“That’s none of our business, right baby?” Jimin smiled.

Taehyung smiled back. “Right Daddy.”

Jungkook made a face. “Ugh, gross. Don’t use your power play names here.”

Jimin giggled and flounced away just as he had come in.

Taehyung watched Jimin go, noticing his round jean covered behind before he tore his eyes away and laid down.

“I’m going to take a nap.” He announced. It seemed the only way to escape his urges toward Jimin.

Urges? What am I, an animal?

Guess I am.

“Alright hyung.” Jungkook replied.

Taehyung then let the noises from Jungkook’s mobile game lull him to sleep.


 Before he knew it he was awake. The room had darkened considerably, it must have been evening already.

Taehyung blinked against the lack of light, then froze. In the corner of the room Jungkook stood with his back toward him, whispering.

He could barely make out the whispering, but it seemed like several voices.

What the…

He then heard Jungkook whisper one word, clearly.

Abraxas.

Fear ran through his body, making his blood turn cold.

What? No way. Why would Jungkook say that? Who was he talking to? No, this was too crazy. No--

Jungkook turned around suddenly and Taehyung shut his eyes. He faked his light snoring, until he heard Jungkook’s footsteps head to the door and it open and close.

He then sat up in bed.

No way. I have to be hearing things…

There was no way Jungkook had been talking to him.

He was gone.

Wasn’t he?