Chapter Two

The Possession 2

A/N: I apologize for how late it took me to update again. School has me drowning in homework. Thank you for your patience! 


Jimin awoke to the sound of fast knocks. He crawled out of bed and rubbed at his bleary eyes.

He approached the door and looked in the peephole, blinked, and looked in the peephole again.   

“Who is it?” Taehyung asked coming to stand beside him. The satin red pajamas he had insisted on wearing nearly slipping off his body. Jimin eyed the golden skin of his shoulder before looking away.

“It’s Hoseok hyung.” Jimin replied, opening the door.

“Hoseok hyung?” Taehyung asked as the older man entered and hugged at him.

“Hi.” He squeaked out, his face was pale and his eyes wide.

What had he seen? Jimin wondered.

“Are you okay?” He asked instead.

“I...saw something...in my room.” Hoseok shuddered as if reliving it. “It tried to crawl on me and I couldn’t move. Namjoon said it was sleep paralysis.”

“Oh man, I think I had a cousin who had that.” Taehyung said. “Hyung, come sleep with us. Jungkook isn’t here.”

“What he’s not?” Jimin turned to look at the beds, noticing that, indeed, he was not in bed. “I thought he came in.”

“He did, but then he left again.”

“Where?”

Taehyung shrugged. “I think he said a party.”

“Wow, good for him.” Hoseok commented.

“You can use his bed hyung.” Jimin walked over and unmade the sheets. Hoseok walked over, carefully settling down in the sheets.

“Thanks you guys.”

“Almost feels like old times when we’d be the only ones home and you’d run to get into bed with us.” Taehyung laughed as he settled into his own bed.

“Yeah.” Hoseok chuckled. “Guess I still got scared that the demon or spirits would come back.”

“Are you still worried now hyung?” Taehyung asked as Jimin laid in his own bed pulling the sheets to his chin.

Hoseok was quiet for a moment and Jimin assumed he was already asleep, he turned his back and closed his eyes nearly slipping away when he heard Hoseok whisper.

Yes.”

Then a phone rang and Jimin jumped out of bed. He and Taehyung exchanged shocked expressions.

“Sorry!” Hoseok scrambled for his phone in his pocket. “It must be Namjoon. Hello?”

Jimin watched as Hoseok got up and paced the floor.

“I’m with Jimin and Taehyung. I thought you were with Jin hyung. You coming over? Ok.”

The door knocked as Hoseok hung up, making them turn to the door in confusion.

“He here already?” Jimin asked.

Taehyung stumbled over and opened the door.  There was no one there. He closed it and scratched at the back of his head.

“Who was it?” Hoseok asked.

“No one.”

“What?!” Hoseok jumped back into bed, already shivering.

“You  sure?” Jimin queried.

Taehyung nodded.

“Hyung don’t be scared.” Jimin went over and sat beside Hoseok placing an arm on the man’s shoulders. “Maybe it was another door. These dorms aren’t soundproof.”

“Yeah the neighbors sure screw a lot.” Taehyung added, attempting to lighten the mood.

Hoseok gave a small smile. “I’m sure you guys get revenge right?”

Jimin exchanged a glance with Taehyung before giving an awkward laugh. The true was, he and Taehyung had not.

Not once.

Sure, they had had heavy make outs and petting, but they had never gone past that. Jimin couldn’t.

He believed in monogamy.

He believed in marriage.

And that’s what he was waiting for.

The door knocked again and they all looked at each other. Jimin then stood.

“I’ll go.”

He walked over to the door, shoulders back and chest out. I faced a demon before, I’m a badass killer. He told himself.

He opened the door, the creak of it making Hoseok let out a whimper.

Jimin sighed in relief.

“Hey mochi.” Namjoon’s deep voice greeted him. The tall man then ruffled his hair with a smile.

Jimin glared at him.

“Hobi you okay?” Namjoon ignored him and called to Hoseok. He immediately came running over and hugged Namjoon.

Hoseok nodded into Namjoon’s neck and Namjoon petted his hair.

“Okay, let’s go back.”

They said goodbye to the two juniors and departed. Jimin closed the door after them with a shake of his head.

“Did you see that?”

“Hm?” Taehyung was already back in bed, his eyes fluttering closed.

“It seemed like they were a couple.” Jimin explained. He didn’t fail to see Namjoon’s protective hold of Hoseok and the tone he had used.

“They’re best friends.” Taehyung shrugged.

“We were best friends.”

“Good point.” Taehyung smiled, he then pulled the covers up to usher Jimin in. Jimin slid in and wrapped his arms around Taehyung’s waist.

“Probably because Yoongi and Jin hyung are so busy is why they are like that.” Jimin hypothesized. “Promise me we won’t get so busy.”

“Promise.” Taehyung kissed his nose, then slowly went to his neck pressing open mouthed kisses there.

Jimin felt his skin heat up and the desire begin to pool downwards.

“Tae, stop. I’m going to bed.”

Taehyung sighed and pulled away. “Alright.”

Jimin felt him shift and turn around and he did the same to avoid temptation. Guilt gnawed at him, but he wanted to be sure of it. He wanted to be in love and committed before he did anything serious. The last thing he wanted was regret and shame.

He just hoped Taehyung could wait.


The next morning Jimin awoke without Taehyung’s warmth and he felt disappointed. The disappointment turned to joy when he saw the pillow beside him with a sticky note.

I love you.  

It said along with a doodle of a heart shaped creature Taehyung was always drawing on his stuff. Jimin smiled and folded the paper putting it in his backpack.

He then looked at his phone seeing over 10 messages from him all telling him sweet nothings. Jimin shook his head.

Taehyung was the most caring man Jimin had ever been with. He was always so attentive to his feelings and he must have thought he had hurt Jimin last night for him to send so many messages.

But on average Jimin was always waking up to 5 or more messages from him.

Jimin looked over to Jungkook’s bed, surprised the boy was there asleep. He walked over and shook him by the shoulder.

“Mm.”

“When did you get back?”

“I don’t know.” Jungkook mumbled.

“How was the party?”

“I don’t know.”

“Anything you do know?”

“Hyung is small.” Jungkook smiled with his eyes closed, his front teeth poking out in an adorable way.

Jimin spanked his playfully and Jungkook let out a laugh. He felt a small spark of happiness at the sight of Jungkook’s delight. It had been a while since he had seen the boy smile so carefree.

Since they had moved out of the house and into the dorms, Jungkook had been more serious and more absent. His classes and studying making him disappear almost frequently.  

He watched Jungkook fall back to sleep and he walked out the dorm and to the restroom across the hall.

After a quick shower he walked to the cafeteria to get breakfast. He spotted Namjoon and took a seat across from him.

“Hey Mochi.” Namjoon smiled and pinched his cheek.

Jimin glared for a second before his expression turned curious. “How did Hoseok hyung sleep?”

“Pretty good. I kind of had to cuddle with him though.”

“Cuddle?”

Namjoon chewed at a piece of salad. “Yeah.” He swallowed. “He said Yoongi was usually the big spoon.”

“Hyung…” Jimin began.

Don’t you think that’s a little weird? Don’t you think that’s past the point of friendship duties and onto boyfriend ones? He wanted to say.

A phone call interrupted him before he got to say anything though. Namjoon answered it with a smile.

“Jin! Hey! This Friday? Yeah of course. I’ll ask the others. I miss you too.” Namjoon ducked his head, his cheeks red. “Okay, work hard. Bye.”

Jimin raised his eyebrows when Namjoon hung up.

“Jin invited us to a movie night on Friday. You guys down?”

“Uh yeah, Taehyung and I are free. I’ll have to ask Jungkook.”

“Cool, I’ll ask Hoseok. So what were you saying?”

Jimin swallowed his bite of burger harshly. He didn’t think Namjoon had even heard him. “Uh...well...you and Hoseok…”

Namjoon nodded for him to continue.

“Do you guys...miss your boyfriends?”

“Of course.” Namjoon folded his arms across his chest and leaned back in his chair. “Relationships…”

Oh no. Jimin hadn’t wanted Namjoon to start rambling.

“They are a lot of hard work and time commitment. Sometimes it’s hard to find time to see each other, but as long as you can squeeze things in and make them memorable, your relationship should be fine.”

“I see.”

“Why you ask?”

“Just worrying about Taehyung and I.” Jimin lied.

“Oh...I mean hopefully you guys don’t have to live apart, you’re attached to the hip.”

Jimin nodded. They really were. “Do you miss living in the old house?”

Namjoon looked wistful. “Yeah, nothing better than Jin making breakfast and you and Taehyung and Jungkook running around.”

“Yoongi yelling at us to shut up.” Jimin added with a grin.

Namjoon gave a sad chuckle. “Curling up with Jin on the couch with a good book.”

Jimin placed a hand on his arm, sympathetic to Namjoon’s ache. “Living together was good for your relationship huh?”

“Yeah…”

“Hey guys!”

Taehyung’s loud, cheery voice broke the mood and Jimin saw Namjoon pull away and uncross his arms. He formed a smile on his face that only Jimin would know it was fake.

Taehyung sat beside Jimin and nuzzled at his head. Jimin tensed seeing Namjoon watch them with something in his eyes.

Jealousy.

He was jealous.

“I got to go.” Namjoon spoke up when Taehyung pulled away. “Got class then Hoseok wants me to help him make goody bags for the dance kids.”

“I’ll stop by later to help too!” Jimin called as Namjoon began walking away.

Namjoon made a sign he had heard.

“Don’t be so affectionate!” Jimin Taehyung.

“Why?” Taehyung pouted.

“Can’t you see Namjoon misses hyung!”

“Didn’t he visit him yesterday?”

“Yeah, but they obviously had to cut it short because of Hoseok hyung.”

“I’m sure they had time to…” Taehyung waggled his eyebrows.

Jimin laughed and shoved him. The man let himself be pushed, before reaching for some of Jimin’s fries.

“Don’t tell me you’re late for class.” Jimin groaned at the sight of Taehyung’s urgent eating.

Taehyung grinned. “Only by 7 minutes this time.”

Jimin sighed.

Taehyung stole more fries before kissing him on the cheek and running away.

“I LOVE YOU!”

Jimin blushed as people eating turned to look at him and he busied himself in wiping off the grease.

I love you too, you dork.

After class, as promised he showed up to Hoseok and Namjoon’s dorm to help.

As promised there was Namjoon surrounded by juice boxes on the floor. He smiled up at Jimin as Hoseok let him in.

“You feeling better hyung?” Jimin asked Hoseok as he took off his jacket and sat down beside Namjoon.

Hoseok nodded. “Thanks to Joonie.”

 Joonie? ” Jimin laughed.

Namjoon offered a flustered smile. Jimin felt uneasy at that. Was it normal to blush at your friend’s nicknames for you?

“Alright Jimin grab some bags and start filling!” Hoseok’s voice interrupted Jimin’s thoughts.

“Yes hyung.”

They packed baggies and talked about their classes and how much homework they had. Namjoon and Hoseok briefly discussed graduating and then the subject of Jin’s movie night came up.

“So what movie did Jin hyung want to show?” Hoseok asked.

Namjoon shrugged. “Don’t know yet but he always has good movies in his collection.”

“You think Yoongi will go?”

“Of course hyung!” Jimin piped up, giving him a reassuring smile.

“Even if he doesn’t, you got me.” Namjoon gave Hoseok a nudge. Hoseok smiled.

Jimin gave him a pat on the head. “And me.”

“Thanks guys.” Hoseok replied but he looked more at Namjoon when he said it and Jimin felt a wave of frustration.

It's not like he was jealous of their friendship. He, Jungkook, and Taehyung had a closer friendship as roommates too, but there was something alarming about Namjoon and Hoseok’s relationship.

They were both in relationships with partners who weren’t always there, what if one day out of need or desperation they did something. They crossed the line and ruined their friendship and ultimately the friendship dynamics of the group.

Jimin really didn’t want that to happen.

As they finished up packing the boxes, Namjoon sat up from the floor and stretched.

“That was fun, but I got to get to class now.”

“Yeah and we got to go to the studio.” Hoseok said getting up alongside him.

Namjoon gave Hoseok a hug farewell and Jimin received a cheek pinch, which made him huff in response.

“What’s wrong?” Hoseok seemed to notice Jimin’s expression.

“He didn’t hug me! 

“Who? Namjoon?” Hoseok laughed.

“That’s favoritism!” Jimin pouted.

“Maybe because I’m his roommate.” Hoseok smiled and bent to grab a box full of goody bags.

Jimin gave another huff.

“Why’re you jealous? Taehyung not giving you enough attention?”

“No...that’s not it…” Jimin trailed off embarrassed. Hoseok seemed to think Jimin wanted attention from Namjoon because he wasn’t getting any from his boyfriend, so in that case, was that how Hoseok felt?

He didn’t get any attention from Yoongi, so he searched it from a friend? Suddenly he was grateful for Taehyung who never forgot to text him good morning and goodnight, who never went a day without ten I love you’s. He really hoped Hoseok and Yoongi would grow close again soon.


Jimin came into his dorm after dance practice, exhausted. He stumbled in seeing Jungkook and Taehyung sitting in front of their TV, playing video games.

“Hey hyung.” Jungkook didn’t bother to look up.

“Minnie!” Taehyung dropped his remote and tackled Jimin into a hug, promptly making him lose his match with Jungkook causing the youngest to cheer.

“Tae, hold on. I’m sweaty.” Jimin pushed the man off.

“Hyung always hugs you like he hasn’t seen you in months.” Jungkook shook his head, a disapproving look on his face.

Jimin had to agree. It was a little overbearing. And Taehyung did seem to have a lot of characteristics of a dog.

Even now he was rubbing his face on Jimin’s shoulder. His eyes closed and a bright smile on his lips.

“You going to shower?” Taehyung stopped his rubbing and looked at him with hopeful eyes. “Should I wash your back?”

“Gross.”

Jimin smiled. “No that’s alright. You stay here.”

He began to walk to his side of the room and pull out a change of clothes, but as he made it to the bathroom, Taehyung tried to follow.

“No Tae, sit.”

Taehyung took a seat on the floor and looked up at him. Jimin gave his head a scratch, then walked out to the bathroom. He made sure to lock the door, in case Taehyung got any ideas. While he was similar to a dog, he wasn’t one of the house trained ones.

“Where’s Jungkook?” Jimin asked as he returned from his shower.

Taehyung was on his bed, scrolling through his phone, without looking up he replied. “Library.”

“Isn’t it closed?”

Taehyung shrugged, he then tossed his phone to the side and smiled mischievously.

“I know what isn’t closed.”

He opened his legs.

Jimin laughed.

“Jimin!” Taehyung whined and stretched his arms out for him. He complied and climbed into bed with him.

Taehyung immediately squeezed him into a hug and began sniffing at Jimin’s hair. He then proceeded to chew on it, which lead to Jimin having to smack him away.

They cuddled and play fought until they settled down in a spooning position. Jimin the little spoon, then felt something poking him in the back.

“Tae…”

“Sorry.” Taehyung’s deep voice whispered near his ear and Jimin shivered.

It pressed a little harder into his tank top.

“It’s fine.”

“I’ll turn around.”

Jimin grabbed Taehyung’s hip and pulled him closer. “It’s okay.”

“Jimin…” Taehyung’s breath tickled the nape of his neck and the thing that was pressing into him felt harder than ever. “Can I…?”

“Yeah.”

Jimin wanted to wait for marriage. He had made it clear to Taehyung early on in the relationship.

But that didn’t quite stop the urges. And there was quite a few urges. Jimin often thought of what it would feel like, their first time. He often wanted to give in and just get it out of the way.

But he was scared.

So, they set rules. No s, no s, no pulling it out. It would be too tempting.

And so without much they were left with only one option.

Taehyung rutted against Jimin’s thigh, his own thigh pressing into Jimin. He moaned lowly against Jimin’s neck and Jimin felt his hands dig into Taehyung’s shoulders. Taehyung grew more aggressive with his movements, into Jimin’s mouth. The older one whined and pulled his head closer to make their kiss deeper.

Jimin didn’t like the fabric between them, it constricted movement and it wasn’t as warm and wet as he’d like. But it was the best they could do.

He heard Taehyung’s breath hitch, signalling he was close.

“You can’t keeping doing it in your pants you’re wasting a ton on laundry Tae.” Jimin whispered.

“Where?” Taehyung grunted.

Jimin wordlessly pulled his shirt up and Taehyung’s eyes went wide before he came right onto Jimin’s stomach.

“.”

He would be lying if he said he didn’t like the way Taehyung looked at him post ion. Half lidded eyes, with a curve of a smirk on his lips. He felt his throb.

“I better go take care of this.”

Taehyung didn’t ask whether it was the stain on his stomach or his hard on. Because most likely it was both.

He remembered at the start of this, Taehyung would always ask him if he could help out, but over time he came to the realization that he couldn’t.

Jimin still wished he would ask though.

It was nice to feel considered.

And maybe one day Jimin would have finally caved in and let him.

Maybe.


“This isn’t right.”

Taehyung sighed and let go of Jimin. They had been spooning again, but this time there was a stuffed animal between Jimin’s back and Taehyung’s crotch, just to be on the safe side.

“You’re right I’m so sorry.”

“No Taehyung, I mean...it isn’t right for you.” Jimin explained, turning to face him. “I can’t give you what you want.”

“That’s not true.” Taehyung slid a large hand to his cheek and caressed it.

“Yes it is.” Jimin pulled the hand away.

“I want you Jimin.”

“I know…”

Taehyung smiled. “I mean I want all of you. Not just that.”

“I can see you want that though.”

“What gave it away?” Taehyung chuckled looking down at the poor stuffed lion squished between them.

“See!” Jimin exclaimed.

“It’s okay to want isn’t it?” Taehyung pulled him closer, the lion squishing hard between them. “The want makes it worth it in the end.”

“Yeah, but...are you really wanting to wait for marriage?” Jimin asked. He looked at Taehyung and the way he smiled at the question. His eyes were clear as he met his gaze.

“I could wait forever, Jimin.”

Jimin blushed. The answer was so sincere. Taehyung was always sincere and romantic and thoughtful and--he was the luckiest guy in the world.

“But hopefully not forever.” Taehyung added shattering Jimin’s romantic illusion. He hit him playfully before Taehyung pulled him again for the night.

Jimin awoke in night by the closing. He blinked trying to get his eyes to see in the dark. A figure approached his bed before standing by Jungkook’s bed.

“Jungkook?”

The figure had his back toward him and the head turned to look at him. But it didn’t stop turning. The head did a whole turn before the front of the head was facing Jimin.

His blood raced through his veins and his goosebumps ran up his arms as he saw Jungkook’s wide eyed smile, the one that he had seen before in the house nearly a year ago.

No. No!

Jimin screamed and flailed. In his chaos the lights were and a startled Taehyung jumped out of bed.

“What’s wrong?”

“I…” Jimin looked at Jungkook who stood over him, concern in his eyes. He backed up to the far end of the bed.

Was Jungkook possessed again?

Was that why he saw that?

Jungkook looked normal though. He even looked tired as if he had been up all night, studying.

“I had a nightmare.” Jimin lied. He knew he hadn’t been dreaming. He had been wide awake but what else could he say? Jungkook couldn’t be possessed, Abraxas was gone. Jin had sent him back to hell months ago.

Unless he came back…

No way. Jimin reassured himself.

“Did you just get back?” He asked as Taehyung and he settled back into bed. Jungkook changed into his pajama shorts and tank top and nodded, before laying on his bed and pulling the covers up.

Jimin checked the time on his phone by the nightstand. 3:35. He eyed Jungkook as the boy scrolled through his phone.

He then closed his eyes to feign sleep and watched Jungkook through squinted eyes as he put his phone on the nightstand and stare directly at him.

Does he know I’m awake? He willed himself not to twitch under Jungkook’s intense big eyes.

He then finally turned around and Jimin felt relief crash over him.

This is nonsense, Jungkook is my roommate, my friend, the little brother I never knew I needed. Why am I suddenly so afraid?

Jimin turned his back and hugged Taehyung closer, he closed his eyes and concentrated on letting sleep come to him.

Yet…

He felt cold, air blow at his neck and it made the hairs on his nape stand. He couldn’t sleep like this. After what he had just seen, he couldn’t sleep with his back to Jungkook.

I’m sorry Kookie. Jimin thought as he turned around and faced the boy’s bed so he could finally sleep comfortably.