Chapter One

The Possession 2

Jin cracked an eye open as shafts of sunlight shone through the blinds in his bedroom window. He turned over and was nose to nose with a snoring Namjoon. His mouth was open as drool and noise emanated from it. Jin smiled and pulled the blanket up over the man’s shoulders before slowly slipping out of bed.

He changed into a over-sized pink hoodie and jeans as he made his way to the kitchen. He was surprised to see Yoongi curled up in a chair, nursing a cup of tea.

“Good morning stranger.” Jin smiled, as he fixed himself coffee. “I haven’t seen you in a week or two.”

“Don’t get used to it either.” Yoongi rasped. “I got a tracklist due in a week, so I’ll be camping at the studio again.”

Jin took a seat beside him and frowned at man’s pale appearance enhanced by the dark circles under his eyes.

“Take it easy Yoongi. Hoseok will kill me if something happens to you.”

Yoongi’s heavy eyes seemed to light up slightly at the mention of his boyfriend. Or “soul partner” as Yoongi had stated before. Jin assumed it was the cringey equivalent of soulmate for him.

“I’ll be fine.” He replied setting the cup of tea down and uncurling himself from the chair. He attempted to stand up before Jin grabbed his thin wrist and sat him back down.

“Nope.” Jin shook his head.

The silver haired man raised his eyebrows.

“You’re not leaving here without breakfast.” Jin said firmly.

Yoongi huffed, but remained seated. And Jin knew he was grateful. Yoongi had been his roommate for a while and seemed to have difficulty expressing himself when it wasn't anger or sarcasm, but Jin had come to read him like a book. At the sight of a pout he knew Yoongi wanted some attention, at the sight of a scoff he knew the younger man was embarrassed. In this case, the huff signaled gratitude. 

And so he smiled back at Yoongi, then got up to cook. 


As Jin finished serving Yoongi scrambled eggs, toast and sausage links, Namjoon entered. He flattened his bed hair as he took a seat beside Yoongi.

“What’s for breakfast?”

“Food.” Yoongi replied dryly.

Namjoon chuckled and traded a glance of amusement with Jin. He stood up and served himself and Jin, who he led back to the table, despite protest that he could do it himself. They sat down in silence before Yoongi spoke up.

“How’s Hoseok?”

Namjoon and Hoseok were best friends after rooming together for a year, so if anyone knew about Hoseok's well being it was Namjoon. 

“Hobi’s fine.” Namjoon replied. “He’s complaining about not being able to see you. And he wants the address to the studio so he can bring you food.”

“No way.” Yoongi swallowed.

“Come on.” Jin scolded. He knew it wasn’t really his place to be meddling with Yoongi’s relationship, since Yoongi had made it clear that he didn’t meddle with his, but Jin felt outraged that Yoongi was neglecting Hoseok. Especially since Hoseok was a person that needed a lot of affection and attentiveness. “Just let him take care of you, God knows you need it! Don’t be a stubborn idiot!”

 Don’t be a stubborn idiot .” Yoongi mocked in a high pitched tone and stood up pushing his half eaten plate away. “I’m out of here.”

“This is how couples break up!” Jin warned as he walked off into their room. He heard a slam of a door in response.

He turned back to Namjoon. “Honestly what’s his problem?”

Namjoon looked thoughtful. “I understand him.”

“What do you mean?” Jin narrowed his eyes. Was Namjoon really going to defend Yoongi’s behavior. Namjoon seemed to notice his gaze because he ducked his head slightly and continued softly.

“Well the studio is his workplace and Hoseok is his…”

“Soul partner?” Jin cracked a smile.

Namjoon chuckled. “God that’s lame.”

“Right?”

“Anyway his work space is his place of concentration and Hoseok is a distraction. Maybe not intentionally, but I think Yoongi hyung would rather keep the two separate.”

“So he’d rather starve?” Jin raised an eyebrow.

“I’m sure he can feed himself.”

Jin stared hard at him. This was Yoongi. The same man who had once had to be hospitalized and force fed for a month for being so careless.

Namjoon seemed to understand and sighed. “What should we do hyung?”

“I’m going to start packing him lunch.” Jin said, clearing away the dishes. “I’ll tell Hoseok to do same and he can take them to work himself.”

“Sounds good.”

He and Namjoon washed the dishes before Namjoon wrapped his arms around Jin’s waist. “I missed sleeping with you.”

“I did too.”

It had been a while since he had seen Namjoon.

A while since he had seen all of his housemates. After graduation, he and Yoongi had looked for apartments closer to their work leaving the rest to move into dorms at the university.

Namjoon and Hoseok dormed together while Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook roomed together in the floor below them. It was sad that they had to separate but they tried their best to keep in touch. Jin made a promise to visit the dorms and invite them to dinner or a movie marathon on the weekends.

So far he had yet to keep that promise.

“I have class soon.” Namjoon sighed.

Jin sighed back.

They pulled away and Namjoon kissed his forehead before giving him a dimpled smile, his eyes curving into crescents that made Jin’s heart ache.

“See you tonight?”

Jin smiled and nodded.


Since it was his day off, Jin decided to make food and take it to the young ones. This was him finally accomplishing one half of his promise, he reasoned. When he arrived at the dorm, Taehyung answered the door.

Over the summer the boy had acquired a taste for gucci clothes. Lord knows how he afforded it, but it suddenly became all he owned. So, there he stood with an oxford buttoned up shirt with the unmistakable gucci snake on the collar and black slacks, his eyes, behind his round spectacles (which were probably also Gucci), going wide.

“Hyung!” He exclaimed breaking into a boxy grin.

“Hyung?” Jimin appeared with a curious expression, before beaming. “Jin hyung!”

Jin  didn’t fail to notice the oversized white Gucci sweater with red and blue trim Jimin donned. He figured it was only a matter of time before Taehyung had gotten his boyfriend mixed into this Gucci craze of his.

“Hey guys, looking good.”

They let him inside the room and Jin looked around. It was a big room with three beds each set in a row with their own dresser and closet. The beds were each made with the boys’ own unique tastes.

Taehyung had a white and grey grid comforter that was barely made, Jimin had a soft light blue comforter with a ton of stuffed animals covering the top, and Jungkook had simple black sheets with an Iron Man pillow on top.

“Where’s Jungkook?” Jin asked noting the bed’s neat appearance, as if the boy hadn’t even slept in it.

“Library.” Jimin replied as he jumped onto his bed and hugged a stuffed lion. “He goes there a lot now.”

“His classes as an engineering major must be hard.” Jin reasoned.

Taehyung caught sight of the bags in Jin’s hands. “You brought food hyung?!”

Jin nodded, handing the bags over.

“Woo!” Taehyung and Jimin crowded the bag as they set it on Taehyung’s bed. Jin laughed at the sight of them opening containers and gorging on food. They ate as if they hadn’t eaten in days, and Jin was a little pleased at the urgency for his food. While at the restaurant he was barely a simple prep cook, he would always be head chef for them.

“Tae? Jiminnie?” The two juniors and Jin turned at the sound of a knock and a voice. Jimin ran to open the door and returned with Hoseok.

“Hyung!” Hoseok, clad in a black puma hoodie and sweats ran over and hugged Jin.

He looked a little thinner. Jin hoped it was from dancing all the time and not from worrying over dumb Yoongi.

“Hey Hobi.”

“How are you?”

“Pretty busy at the restaurant. How are you? How’s working at the dance studio?”

“The kids are adorable, but they got a lot of energy.” Hoseok admitted.

“More energy than the great Jhope ?”

“Unfortunately.” Hoseok laughed.

“You’re getting old, hyung.” Jimin teased.

Hoseok shot him a look. “You’re one to talk. You’re the first one to say, ‘okay let’s wrap it up’.”

Jin and Taehyung chuckled as Jimin grew flustered and gave a pout.

“I was going to ask if you guys wanted to go eat, but it seems like you’re already feeding.” Hoseok said, eyeing the boys as they stuffed more rice into their mouths.

“I brought food for them and Jungkook, but I haven’t eaten yet.” Jin spoke up. “You want to go eat with me?”

“Okay!” Hoseok brightened.

Jin walked towards the door with Hoseok. “Bye guys, save some for your little brother okay?”

“Yes, Mom.” Jimin and Taehyung chorused.

Jin frowned and Hoseok let out a laugh.


Jin and Hoseok made it to the cafeteria and ordered hamburgers, Jin insisting on paying.

“Let me waste my hard-earned money!”

“Okay hyung.” Hoseok smiled with a shake of his head knowing arguing with the older boy was pointless.

As they settled across from each other in a small booth Hoseok spoke up.

“Hyung…”

“Yeah?”

“I don’t want to seem like a clingy boyfr—”

“He’s fine.” Jin interrupted knowing exactly what Hoseok wanted to hear. “Just needs more meals and more sleep.”

“He won’t let me take him food.” Hoseok frowned. “How is that fair for anyone?”

“Namjoon told me that maybe you’re a distraction and he needs to work in a concentrated area.”

“Oh…” Hoseok nodded, he seemed to understand but his eyes showed frustration.

“Has he not seen you at all?” Jin asked.

“Not for two weeks.”

Two weeks?! Jin wanted to slap some sense into Yoongi.

“That’s not right. He shouldn’t be ignoring you. That little snake, don’t worry when I see him I’ll give him a good—”

“Don’t bother hyung.” Hoseok shook his head. “I don’t want to seem desperate.”

“So you’re just going to wait until he decides?”

Hoseok shrugged.

Jin didn’t like the defeated expression he wore. “ Hoseok… 

“It’s weird how things change.” Hoseok smiled weakly. “He used to be so protective. Calling me just so I could fall asleep peacefully. Now he calls to cancel plans or postpone. Guess it was the haunted house that made him so thoughtful. Do we need another supernatural attack to make things right?”

Jin laughed. “God I hope not.”

“Thanks for treating me hyung.” Hoseok finished up his burger. “And for listening. I got to go to class now.”

“Alright.” Jin then held his sweater sleeve as the boy picked up his tray. “Hey don’t worry about Yoongi, he’s definitely not cheating on you.”

Hoseok managed a chuckle. “I know that. He’s way too lazy.”

Jin laughed. “Exactly.”

“Bye hyung.” Hoseok, tray in hand, walked off.

“Bye.”


Jin after his lunch with Hoseok went to go meet up with Namjoon, the man only had two classes back to back today and would be free the rest of the afternoon. He parked his car outside of the Music building leaning against his car.

A group of girls shot him looks and Jin smiled at them causing them to giggle and rush off in a huddle.  

I still got it , Jin thought.

He then spotted Namjoon walking alongside a man with bright blonde hair and a wide smile. Namjoon spotted him and waved, Jin waved back hesitantly.

While he and Namjoon had never strayed away from public dating or even affection, he wasn’t sure if Namjoon’s friends were aware of their relationship.

“Hey!” Namjoon practically jumped into his arms giving him a kiss right on the mouth.

Well that answered his question.

“Hey.” Jin said softly as the younger man pulled away.

“Hello!” The friend didn’t seemed deterred by their action at all. In fact he smiled brighter.

“This is Jackson. He’s been following me all day.” Namjoon smirked.

“You wish.” Jackson rolled his eyes. “We’re in the same classes.” He explained to Jin.

“That’s cool.”

“You must be Jin.” Jackson extended a hand. Jin took it awkwardly. He guessed Jackson was a foreigner. “You’re really handsome, Namjoon is a lucky dude.”

Oh?

Jin smiled when he noticed Namjoon eyeing Jackson. “Why thank you.”

Jackson caught Namjoon’s look and smirked. “I better go. Nice meeting you. Bye Joon!”

Once Jackson was out of earshot, Jin turned to Namjoon. “He’s nice.”

Namjoon frowned. “He’s decent.”

Jin laughed.

“He’s a good friend. Feels like I’ve known him forever with how close we’ve gotten.”

“Not too close I hope?”

“You jealous baby?” Namjoon slid a hand around his waist.

“You were just jealous!” Jin protested.

“For a good reason! I saw Jackson trying to hit on the teacher earlier! He’s a menace.”

“Then maybe I am a little jealous.” Jin pouted.

Namjoon laughed at his expression and kissed him. “Don’t be. Only thing I want is you and your cooking.”

Jin hit him playfully and they got in the car.


Namjoon and Jin were cuddling in bed in the night, after dinner,  when Namjoon’s phone rang.

“Hello?” Namjoon sat up.

His face immediately grew worried, causing Jin to sit up alongside him. “What’s wrong? Hoseok the dorm is so small, maybe it was a bug. No one can come in without a key card. Hoseok? A ghost? No Hobi, our dorms are new and there have been no murders or dead people built over them. How do I know? I did my research. Hobi, that’s sleep paralysis. Okay don’t cry.”

“Is he okay?” Jin interrupted placing a hand on Namjoon’s shoulder.

Namjoon hung up and nodded. “He’s just spooked.”

“Poor thing.”

“Yoongi didn’t answer his call.”

“ing Yoongi…” Jin growled.

Namjoon smiled at the sound of Jin cursing and shook his head. “He’s busy.”

“It still isn’t right.”

“Yeah.” Namjoon agreed.

“Do you ever feel like that with me?” Jin asked.

His stomach began curling at the thought of being so insensitive towards Namjoon. He really tried to make time for the younger man, but work was always on his mind now. It was hard to do anything else.

“No way hyung.” Namjoon hugged Jin, burying his face into Jin’s neck.

“I love you.” Jin murmured into Namjoon’s hair.

“I know hyung.” Namjoon pulled away and smiled softly at him. “I have to go.”

“Okay.” Jin waved as Namjoon slipped on his shoes and walked out the bedroom. “Bye.”

“Bye.” Namjoon called over his shoulder.

Jin heard the front door close and he wondered why Namjoon hadn’t said ‘I love you’ back? Maybe he was in a rush to get back. Jin reasoned. Hoseok must have been panicking hard.

But still...

A small part of him nagged and didn’t let him sleep comfortably.